Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:38 AM

It was the hook that got called.

#362 Bryguy

Bryguy

Zata

• PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

It was a bad call but at the end of the day the wings had sooo many chances to put the game away and failed. Only blame lies with them, and holy crap is the 2nd PP unit turrible or what!

Edited by Bryguy, 03 March 2011 - 12:38 AM.

#363 GSBrooks13

GSBrooks13

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,095 posts

Well, kinda saw that coming.. What do you expect when you score once on 9 PPs?.. Oh well.. At least they got a point.. really annoying to see them blow the game that Jimmy actually played great in. <_<

"Push the dirt off your jersey then go for the cup or the trophy or the ring, champion no matter what."

#364 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,824 posts

What a weak Penalty Shot call ... FU stupid ref, decide it on a weak lame call!

It was a bad call but Detroit mostly decided the game by not scoring on their multiple PP's

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#365 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,610 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:39 AM

I disagree, it was a dive, but Salei still hooked a guy who was in the clear. Dive or not, it's the right call.

I agree..at that point with the amount of PP's we had all we needed to do was breathe on someone to get a penalty.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#366 SiLkK19

SiLkK19

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:40 AM

What af****** dive.

#367 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,041 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:41 AM

PP setups are tough with bad ice.

Howard was a left-handed glover facing a right-handed shooter. That's rough.

Right. Because that rarely happens in the NHL. :rolleyes:

The lengths you'll go to avoid saying anything remotely critical of this team are comical.

Weak penalty shot call, but as others have said, the Wings had plenty of chances to win this on the PP.

#368 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:43 AM

Posted Image
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#369 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,378 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:44 AM

We didn't deserve any additional calls. The PP was absolutely abysmal tonight, so all the "missed" calls probably wouldn't have saved us.

I meant for the Ducks. Like the 2 too many men penalties, etc.

#370 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,824 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:45 AM

Posted Image

This.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#371 LidsFan

LidsFan

Defensemen Rule

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:46 AM

Talk about a letdown, but at least they got a point which is better than nothing.

#372 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 02:45 AM

Just finished watching the game.

Obviously it's no excuse but the ice seemed extra terrible tonight. Wasn't very pretty to watch.

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#373 sharomyga

sharomyga

He delivers

• Silver Booster
  • 382 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:19 AM

It was a bad call but Detroit mostly decided the game by not scoring on their multiple PP's

agreed 100%
"Pavel, you wear the 'A' on your jersey as a team leader. What does that mean to you?"
"A lot. So much that I put an 'A' on all my clothes. I wear an 'A' everywhere."
П. Дацюк
"I don't have percentage, alcohol has percentage"
П. Дацюк
-----------
Posted Image
-----------
My website

#374 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:35 AM

Boy did our enforcer get his ass handed to him tonight.

The last 3 PP's were an absolute joke. Kept trying to skate it in when they had all 4 skaters standing on the blueline waiting for us. Shoot the puck in and go get it. Have we learned nothing since New Jersey in 95?? Why are we so reluctant to play chip and chase every once in a while to keep the other teams honest. I don't get it.

#375 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:36 AM

I'll look on the bright side - at least we didn't give up 3+ goals.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#376 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,305 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 09:44 AM

I'll look on the bright side - at least we didn't give up 3+ goals.

True, but at the same time after a offensive onslaught of 7 goals in the previous game, the scoring has seemed to have dried up once again.

Boys need to beat the Sharks tonight, plain n simple.
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#377 Eggs Over Eavesy

Eggs Over Eavesy

Jr. Prospect

• 17 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 09:46 AM

I don't understand / agree with the sentiment that it was a bad call. You can clearly see in any replay that Salei, on his last resort, diving attempt, yanked a little on Ryan's left arm. It's a hook by definition! This impeded a quality, legitimate scoring chance, and a PS was called. Very fair in my opinion. I'm sure he sold the hook by toe picking and falling, thus making it seem like an egregious penalty on Salei's behalf, but I'm going to say the Ref saw the hook and called that instead of a "trip". I'm not sure what the box score reports the play as, but I'm too lazy to look. Regardless, it was a hook and a penalty was deserved.

Howard played a FANTASTIC game, and his leathered larceny on Perry was AWESOME. Wish the PP clicked / got more shots on, but it is what it is. That's my favorite cliche, so deal with it everybody.

Just an interesting point to make - whenever I see Jimmy chart faceoffs on the bench, he's writing with his left hand. I don't think I've ever seen a left-handed person catch with his left hand...ever. I write with my right and catch left, and I thought literally every goalie did that (catch with the non dominant hand). Here's to being unique, Jimmy!
And secondably, I know you're the big marriage expert - oh, I'm sorry, I forgot, your wife is dead! I'm sorry, that was 100% inappropriate and I do apologize profusely. I'm - oh...

#378 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 09:50 AM

True, but at the same time after a offensive onslaught of 7 goals in the previous game, the scoring has seemed to have dried up once again.

1 game and it's all dried up Posted Image

GDT is just a breeding ground for insanely comical posts. PP was horrific but as someone said the 2nd unit looked like they hadn't played together before in their whole career. It truly was disappointing we couldn't capitalize on the PP chances we had but Jimmy looked spectacular tonight and we virtually controlled the bulk of the play this game. Not going to kill them for it. They have been just stellar on the road lately so hopefully the quick turnaround can motivate them tonight.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#379 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,305 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 09:53 AM

I don't understand / agree with the sentiment that it was a bad call. You can clearly see in any replay that Salei, on his last resort, diving attempt, yanked a little on Ryan's left arm. It's a hook by definition! This impeded a quality, legitimate scoring chance, and a PS was called. Very fair in my opinion. I'm sure he sold the hook by toe picking and falling, thus making it seem like an egregious penalty on Salei's behalf, but I'm going to say the Ref saw the hook and called that instead of a "trip". I'm not sure what the box score reports the play as, but I'm too lazy to look. Regardless, it was a hook and a penalty was deserved.

Howard played a FANTASTIC game, and his leathered larceny on Perry was AWESOME. Wish the PP clicked / got more shots on, but it is what it is. That's my favorite cliche, so deal with it everybody.

Just an interesting point to make - whenever I see Jimmy chart faceoffs on the bench, he's writing with his left hand. I don't think I've ever seen a left-handed person catch with his left hand...ever. I write with my right and catch left, and I thought literally every goalie did that (catch with the non dominant hand). Here's to being unique, Jimmy!

The game should of never went to OT as the Red n White should of put it away early on, but didn't.

1 game and it's all dried up Posted Image

GDT is just a breeding ground for insanely comical posts. PP was horrific but as someone said the 2nd unit looked like they hadn't played together before in their whole career. It truly was disappointing we couldn't capitalize on the PP chances we had but Jimmy looked spectacular tonight and we virtually controlled the bulk of the play this game. Not going to kill them for it. They have been just stellar on the road lately so hopefully the quick turnaround can motivate them tonight.

When Franzen scored 5 goals and the team scored 2 in the same game, the Wings scoring touch dissipated for a little bit, true fact.

Just seems to be the nature of the beast.
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#380 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 09:57 AM

When Franzen scored 5 goals and the team scored 2 in the same game, the Wings scoring touch dissipated for a little bit, true fact.

Just seems to be the nature of the beast.

Citing one example does not make the whole season though. They went back to being too cute yet again and beat themselves. Doesn't mean our offense has shriveled and evaporated again.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.