• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#41 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 08:28 PM

I HATE these lines... Franzen just slows Pavs down every single time he is on Pavs line... imo Babs should stick with Dats/ Hank/ Homer line as the top line because they work real well together when they develop their chemestry... and to top that, if we want the Wings to have success in the playoffs, we NEED hank to score goals and the guy to get him to do that consistently is Pavs...

#42 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 08:49 PM

We need to put Cleary, Huddie and Pasha back together. They were doing great together, developing some pretty potent chemistry.
Posted Image

#43 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,503 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 09:39 PM

I understand things aren't going well, but I'm not sure changing the lines every game is the best solution. I wanted to see more of Cleary with Datsyuk and Zetterberg.

Our defense should look real stellar too if Stuart doesn't play. <_<

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#44 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 10:12 PM

well at the start of the year we were supose to let dats and zetterberg play together and regian chemistry well f*** that
Posted Image

#45 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 01:24 AM

Why? This was the lineup that Modano scored his first goal in game 1

And then didn't score again. They were the Minus Line. I agree with the general population here, Mike should reunite Hudler-Datsyuk-Cleary. I can't remember why he split them up in the first place.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#46 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 01:46 AM

And then didn't score again. They were the Minus Line. I agree with the general population here, Mike should reunite Hudler-Datsyuk-Cleary. I can't remember why he split them up in the first place.

Because the Mule was playing like ass. And then Modano was back, so why put it back together right?
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#47 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 04:02 AM

A part of Babs' job is to maximize the effectiveness of his roster. He has to try to get certain players going by pairing them with others who are playing well at the moment. He doesn't want to be happy with just one or two lines.

Or at least, that's what I imagine the company line would be. Bla bla bla.

#48 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 04:47 AM

Posted Image
The Euro Twins

2002-2008

~
One of the most incredibly special phenomena in Red Wings history
Rest in Peace
Posted Image

#49 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 07:46 AM

This also was before Modano got the Red Wings touch, given that Mike wouldn't have gotten injuried things could've went a whole different route. I'm not saying the guy is incredible for us because I do see a lot of floating from him from his return but obviously Babcock is trying to get something rolling here. Let's see how it works out.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#50 BigTex

BigTex

Texan Wing Fan

• PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:07 AM

Meh, 6 of 1 half a dozen to the other. Like I said, they are both awful right now. I am the opposite as it seems to me that Ericsson looks like a dang chicken with his head cut off and plenty of giveaways. Kindl had a huge mistake the other night in PHX that didnt' help the team but to me, Jonathan Ericsson is a 6'5 220 lb. pylon that fairly soon has to go. Kindl is not the answer either, but the way I am thinking now, he is just a rookie and he needs to get the flow of the NHL. Ericsson's time has come and gone.

Well, maybe we'll get to see some Janik tonight. Then I guess we'll really find out just how "terrible" Ericsson and Kindl really have been and what our options are to replace them. If Dougie is rock solid on the third pairing and provides some stability he might be seeing some extra time at the end of the season. Or we could see how the Wings have pretty much no other alternative to who we're using and we're stuck with it. With Big E being a FA at the end of the year he's not really building himself a big payday here.
NOBODY ON THE RED WINGS IS LAZY, NOR DO ANY OF THE WINGS PLAYERS SUCK!!!

(this includes the coaching staff, ownership, scouting department, and JLA employees and their families)

#51 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:25 AM

Well, maybe we'll get to see some Janik tonight. Then I guess we'll really find out just how "terrible" Ericsson and Kindl really have been and what our options are to replace them. If Dougie is rock solid on the third pairing and provides some stability he might be seeing some extra time at the end of the season. Or we could see how the Wings have pretty much no other alternative to who we're using and we're stuck with it. With Big E being a FA at the end of the year he's not really building himself a big payday here.

With how he played this season and last, I hope he doesn't get any payment from the Detroit Red Wings.

#52 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:28 AM

With how he played this season and last, I hope he doesn't get any payment from the Detroit Red Wings.

If I could give 100 +'s I would to this post. Shameful watching him get worse by the game.

Edited by HankthaTank, 11 March 2011 - 12:18 PM.

TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#53 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 09:15 AM

I still don't know why Babs broke up Hudler-Datsyuk-Cleary, they only had a couple average games and he broke them up... I'm going to go rare "line thread" post on this one, but this is what I really want to see:

Hudler-Datsyuk-Cleary
Bertuzzi-Zetterberg-Franzen
Modano-Filppula-Holmstrom
Draper-Helm-Abdelkader

Lidstrom-Stuart
Kronwall-Rafalski
Ericsson-Salei

I would break up the Ber-Z-Mule line. They haven't had anything going for them. Put Homer, Modano or even Helm with Z and Mule.

#54 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:16 AM

I won't go this far, but a post like this obviously shows the frustration people have with him recently, me as well. We need him, but my goodness has he just been making so many glaring turnovers lately, much more so than when a lot of people had him as a whipping boy last season (IMO last season he wasn't great but I don't think he stood out being just terrible compared to others, etc.).