• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Zetteberg and Datsyuk no longer on the same line

Rate this topic

I don't think they'll overpay either, but if someone else wants to throw big money at him, let him go... but at 1-1.25 a year for a bottom pairing guy, I'd rather him stay... also, what comments are you referring to? Do you have any links to articles inferring that?

they both came out with very high praise for Kindl and Holland said he isnt even thinking out about signing E until after the season is over. That typically signals lower interest as he will now probably at least wait until july 1st to see what he can get as a UFA. Wings tend to lock up players they want (see Howard).

they both came out with very high praise for Kindl and Holland said he isnt even thinking out about signing E until after the season is over. That typically signals lower interest as he will now probably at least wait until july 1st to see what he can get as a UFA. Wings tend to lock up players they want (see Howard).

I think they also want to see where he finishes, so they don't overpay because of his consistency, where Howard hasn't deviated too much... I agree he's not a top priority, but I think it also has to do with his position and them wanting to know Nick will be back for sure first...

Also love to see Flip on a wing with Hank. This team sure needs Patty Sunshine back.

I like this move as well. Flip hasn't been as good lately and if I remember right he did well when playing on the wing earlier. I think he was with Z that time as well.

Both are big, left handed d-men, making less than 1m, playing bottom pairing minutes, that don't play to their size and are prone to mental gaffes, the difference maker to me, is that one of them has already been here for a couple years and knows the system pretty well and has had more good games than bad this season and will stand up for teammates when called upon, whereas the other could be dangled for trade bait in the off season, since there is still the allure of "potential" due to his age and high draft stock... for what we need out of said player, I think Ericsson fits into our long term plans better and also is the more solid player RIGHT now, not to say that Kindl couldn't potentially develop into more over time, but it is what it is...

Agreed. And like others have said-- Holland shouldn't overpay E to stay. But if Ericsson is willing to continue being paid like a 3rd pairing guy they should keep him. We don't really have another big guy back there who will stand up for his teammates.

Agreed. And like others have said-- Holland shouldn't overpay E to stay. But if Ericsson is willing to continue being paid like a 3rd pairing guy they should keep him. We don't really have another big guy back there who will stand up for his teammates.

now if we could only convince to play more like a big guy :rolleyes:

now if we could only convince to play more like a big guy :rolleyes:

And this is my biggest problem with him.

Hmmmm this is really interesting. Stuie is probably going to miss Friday and can we expect to see Kindl sat or is Salei's wife finally having their baby? The plot thickens.....

Hudler, Modano and Cleary? Please no...

Why? This was the lineup that Modano scored his first goal in game 1, its the original setup for Modano. Hudler is an playmaker and is capable of finishing, Cleary has shown he can be net presence, and Modano believe it or not, has one hell of a shot if he has someone to feed him. I believe this could be a good line.... homer and abby werent going to get Modano anywhere.

why babs refuses to put the huds dats clears line back together is beyond me..

huds dats homer

mule Z modano

bert flip clears

abs helm eaves/miller/draper

i just think modano needs to be on a wing. hes prob not 2nd line worthy but i dont know where else to put him.

the huds modano clears line is the same line from the beginning of the season and if you remember they all sucked and were -7

Edited by brett

I HATE these lines... Franzen just slows Pavs down every single time he is on Pavs line... imo Babs should stick with Dats/ Hank/ Homer line as the top line because they work real well together when they develop their chemestry... and to top that, if we want the Wings to have success in the playoffs, we NEED hank to score goals and the guy to get him to do that consistently is Pavs...

We need to put Cleary, Huddie and Pasha back together. They were doing great together, developing some pretty potent chemistry.

Guest mjtm77

well at the start of the year we were supose to let dats and zetterberg play together and regian chemistry well f*** that

And then didn't score again. They were the Minus Line. I agree with the general population here, Mike should reunite Hudler-Datsyuk-Cleary. I can't remember why he split them up in the first place.

Because the Mule was playing like ass. And then Modano was back, so why put it back together right?

A part of Babs' job is to maximize the effectiveness of his roster. He has to try to get certain players going by pairing them with others who are playing well at the moment. He doesn't want to be happy with just one or two lines.

Or at least, that's what I imagine the company line would be. Bla bla bla.

And then didn't score again. They were the Minus Line. I agree with the general population here, Mike should reunite Hudler-Datsyuk-Cleary. I can't remember why he split them up in the first place.

This also was before Modano got the Red Wings touch, given that Mike wouldn't have gotten injuried things could've went a whole different route. I'm not saying the guy is incredible for us because I do see a lot of floating from him from his return but obviously Babcock is trying to get something rolling here. Let's see how it works out.

Meh, 6 of 1 half a dozen to the other. Like I said, they are both awful right now. I am the opposite as it seems to me that Ericsson looks like a dang chicken with his head cut off and plenty of giveaways. Kindl had a huge mistake the other night in PHX that didnt' help the team but to me, Jonathan Ericsson is a 6'5 220 lb. pylon that fairly soon has to go. Kindl is not the answer either, but the way I am thinking now, he is just a rookie and he needs to get the flow of the NHL. Ericsson's time has come and gone.

Well, maybe we'll get to see some Janik tonight. Then I guess we'll really find out just how "terrible" Ericsson and Kindl really have been and what our options are to replace them. If Dougie is rock solid on the third pairing and provides some stability he might be seeing some extra time at the end of the season. Or we could see how the Wings have pretty much no other alternative to who we're using and we're stuck with it. With Big E being a FA at the end of the year he's not really building himself a big payday here.