• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

luvpucks

Hi I'm new

Rate this topic

The above is true...I have all the HD feeds available. It's nice having the alternative feeds for some games. I can't stand the Buffalo guys or the Pittsburgh announcers, so if I can find an alternative, I'll jump on it.

Thanks.

To clarify, I normally have the option of both feeds (home and away) for every game of every team, but only in standard definition. Center Ice for me is on specials channels, specifically 629-642. 641 is HD1 and 642 is HD2. Normally, only one game will be shown on 641, no idea why there are two if they are not going to use them, but that's how it is. On rare occasions, they will show a double header on 641, an east coast game and a west coast game.

On nights with a lot of games on the schedule, some games only get one feed due to the number of channels available being limited, in this case, it's highly likely the wings game gets the cut on one of the feeds. We'll just say that's coincidence.

I've wanted to go to Direct for a while now, even if just to get FSD not during games. Isn't there other wings coverage, like Wing Span or something of the sort? I see the previews for that stuff while I'm watching the FSD feed in SD all while Ken Daniels reminds me that this game is presented in crystal clear high definition. I've also been hesitant because I read lots of horror stories about satellites losing signal, etc. Any testament to this?

We live in a lowish latitude area prone to seriously heavy rainstorms (the Northern Gulf Coast) We'll get some pixelation during the 2-3 inches an hour rainstorms that are common here in spring and summer, but the problem generally resolves itself in 5 minutes or less. Maybe 3-4 times a year we'll have one of those storms last long enough to cause significant disruption/lost signal.

On the flip side of it, since we were part of the 2% households in our county who never lost power during Hurricane Ivan, I can say that we had perfect reception when a large category 3 hurricane was making landfall 50 miles west of us (ie. we were on the bad side of the storm) Dish was secure enough that it stayed in acceptable satellite alignment despite 60mph+ sustained winds in my neighborhood and there apparently wasn't enough cloud cover from the storm to cause a signal blockage.

I grew up in Grand Rapids and ended up down here because of my husband's job options- not military, despite the norm for the area- he teaches at the college. There are others of us down here. A friend (metro Detroit native) tells the story of how, back in the days before Center Ice, she discovered that she could pick up some games on WJR from her car stereo if she parked in the sweet spot in the Niceville High School parking lot and the sun had gone down.