Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Was there a goal missed yesterday? (game 2)

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#61 SDavis35

SDavis35

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:11 PM

WRONG. I took the video into Adobe Premiere, and could see clearly that the puck was absolutely in the net. Before the whistle.

Posted Image

The only thing that can be argued is whether or not the ref intended to blow the whistle, but it all happened so fast, I think it can be argued that there was no way he had that intent until the puck was already in goal.

Whoa! don't support the other team now Grypho! :P

I just figured the intent to blow rule would kick in and didn't think it a big deal. That was the only time i saw it in the net.

#62 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,594 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:51 PM

<thread_hijack>
sorry only extra ticket I got is goin to a hot girl. But I promise to post pics if you build me that cake :D
</thread_hijack>

I will draw you a picture. I do killer upper lip shading.

for example
Posted Image

Edited by hillbillywingsfan, 02 May 2011 - 07:53 PM.

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#63 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:16 PM

Little surprises me anymore when it comes to Toronto and the refs botching stuff like this.

Nice catch though, Grypho. I think that's the most definitive shot of it I've seen.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#64 Jericho613

Jericho613

Give Nothing, Take Everything

• PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:37 PM

There's always the excuse, Ref was about to blow the whistle, so even if it did get looked at it wouldn't have counted.

#65 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:44 PM

Franzen can't score on Niemi lol
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#66 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:29 PM

This is completely disgusting, how the NHL continually does absolutely everything wrong,f****** idiots.

Edited by wings1110, 02 May 2011 - 09:30 PM.

#67 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:37 PM

This is completely disgusting, how the NHL continually does absolutely everything wrong,f****** idiots.

Did the Wings even notice or say anything? Did anyone say or notice this?
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#68 Shady Ultima

Shady Ultima

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 02:07 AM

Uh, so what could they do anyways? That was OBVIOUSLY in. Unfortunately, even if the refs admit there WAS a missed goal, what can they do? Cancel that game and have a re-make game?

#69 Lonewuhf

Lonewuhf

Rookie

• Pip
  • 199 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 03:50 AM

Franzen can't score.

Fixed

#70 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,594 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:47 AM

Uh, so what could they do anyways? That was OBVIOUSLY in. Unfortunately, even if the refs admit there WAS a missed goal, what can they do? Cancel that game and have a re-make game?

now thats just stupid. i don't think i seen anyone in this thread ask for that. and if they did...im sure they wouldn't be here anymore after the crap they would take. it's a discussion forum about hockey...a lot of posters forget that fact. it was a play that could of or should of been looked at a little closer unless like what was said the intent to "crosby"(blow) on it or they figured the goalie was pushed in.
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#71 redwingcapt

redwingcapt

redwingcapt

• PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:34 AM

HOLY F**K THAT WAS IN
To whom much is given, much is expected

#72 Grypho

Grypho

Sharks Fan

• HoF Booster
  • 487 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 03:19 PM

HOLY F**K THAT WAS IN

Sure was. Not that it matters now, but that went in on the wrap around attempt, prior to the net crash.

The same thing happened to the Sharks in a Game 7 against the Flames. I was sitting front row on the glass with a perfect side view of the Calgary net. I watched a blinding ripper from 15 ft. out go into the back of the net and rebound right back out again, just as fast. I stood up screaming, knowing we had a goal. But nobody else saw it, it happened too fast. I got the raw footage the next day (wish I still had it) and did the same thing, frame by frame from two different angles. Sure enough, even at the different angles, which were definitely not as good, you could clearly see the "shadow streak" of a puck going into the net, bulging it out at the back and right back out again. Missed goal. Nothing anyone could do about it.

#73 uncle ovipositor

uncle ovipositor

Rookie

• Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 03:42 PM

Kinda looks like Niemi's already in the net and Franzen's already been knocked down. Am I missing something? The wrap-around was before that. Of course the puck is in there because Niemi'd already been pushed in.

#74 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 04:04 PM

it doesnt matter the war room is supposed to review everything, regardless of whether the ref asks for it. these guys in the war room are a supposed professionals but they cant even do their job properly, they even had extra time to review it because there was a scrum right after this play..........yet the non pros on LGW can break down the camera angles and figure out that it should have been a goal and was over the line. THAT is af****** joke, whether that play happens to the wings or any other team, i want a fair game. Im often critical of refs for making bad calls/being extremely inconsistent, but i can understand that to an extent cuz the game is so fast, and they don't get the benefit of a replay. But guess what? Toronto does and there is not excuse for that, and if there was even a chance that it was in the net they should have called the ref over and delay the next faceoff (not that they needed to because they had time because of the scrum). this is the playoffs one goal could mean the difference between you advancing to the next round.

NHL get your s*** together your af****** joke!

#75 SpIkE

SpIkE

Rookie

• Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 05:51 PM

Just another reason why you cant take the NHL seriously.

#76 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 06:15 PM

That would have been called off anyway, even if it went to review, due to intent. Refs are stubborn and will never admit a mistake, even if Toronto told them it was definitely in before any intent, they'd stick to their "intent" call for the sake of their ego.

See; Brad May and Dennis LaRue.

#77 Mors

Mors

The Red Death

• HoF Booster
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 06:23 PM

Kinda sad to see such definitive evidence after the fact, NHL officiating is one big letdown these days (for everybody, not just the Wings).

#78 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 06:25 PM

4 pages and not 1 post by Majsheppard yet. Someone should contact and warn Bettman that his life might be in danger.

#79 MagicMan13

MagicMan13

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:24 AM

I thought it was in during the game and posted it right away on the GDT and it was never talked about. I definitely thought it was in.
"He's doing it all, and he's still learning day by day. That's the scary thing."
--- Brett Hull, in the Detroit Free Press, on the play of Pavel Datsyuk

#80 grimace1970

grimace1970

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 02:25 PM

ANYBODY KNOW MICKEY REDMOND'S EMAIL ADDRESS?!?