• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockey13Playa

Wings - Flyers Trade Partners?

Rate this topic

People here really think Flyers are going to trade Carter or Coburn? Can't believe it.

Carter was their top goal scorer and they've just locked him up with a long contract. He's not going anywhere. Hartnell is much more likely if you still wanna think there's some issues between the two. Leino and Versteeg will both go before him.

Coburn isn't going anywhere either, because they'll just trade Carle. Carle has a slightly bigger cap hit and provides less so I think the choice is pretty obvious. Of course Coburn may have more trading value, but that's not really the point here, because their only goal is to shed some salary.

I can't believe there's been more than six pages of discussion about mostly Jeff Carter and the Red Wings here. I think Konnan511 should make a new avatar just to make some facts clear and drop people back down to Earth from that imaginary land.

The reason all the talk is around Carter is because a lot of Philadelphia sources said he is the main piece in a trade with Columbus. This is Philys last chance to trade him cause once the season start he has leverage with his NTC. I know Carter to Detroit is a far fetch cause if he is on the market a lot if teams will be asking about him, but nothing is impossible and it is known what our needs are. Do I think they are going to move Carter? I have no idea. I live in the Philly area and a lot if their fans want him gone cause of his playoff. Performances and because they said he is causing problems in the locker room.

I will say this though, it is a very low blow move to sign Carter for an 11 year deal and then trade him away. Only a couple months before his NTC kicks in and send him to a bad team. That would look very bad if Phillys part so id they part with him I think they should bs cautious where they send him cause burying him in a bad organization will look bad.

Crash