154 replies to this topic

#141 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 12:45 PM

Posted Image
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#142 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 01:11 PM

Well I guess they all weren't anarchists.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPQOQsLUW60&feature=player_embedded

The kid who tried to make a Molotov cocktail out of that cop car is sorry. The pool might need more chlorine. If this is posted elsewhere I didn't see it, sorry.

Boo hoo.

This spoiled little punk isn't sorry at all. You always get these fake "oh I'm sorry" when they get caught. He is not sorry at all. He is sorry he got caught, and is sorry he is suspended form his polo team. Thats all.

Now he wants sympathy...******* pathetic.

What a little puck *****. I hope someone kicks his ass into next week.

#143 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,940 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:22 AM

Secondly, people in Vancouver have been planning on rioting after game 7 for weeks if not months.

So, people in Vancouver are so smart that, not only did they know "months in advance" the Canucks were going to be in the SCF, but also that it would go to 7 games. Truely amazing.

Are the people in Montreal not as smart? Did they have to return their riot supplies to acmeriotsupply.ca because the Habs didn't make it to the finals?

#144 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,940 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:11 AM

Boo hoo.

This spoiled little punk isn't sorry at all. You always get these fake "oh I'm sorry" when they get caught. He is not sorry at all. He is sorry he got caught, and is sorry he is suspended form his polo team. Thats all.

His dad is a surgeon. The family had to "flee town" due to threats. His dad is quoted as saying that the son's actions that night do not show the true character of his son. Sounds to me like dad doesn't know the definition of the word character and maybe that's why the son has none.

If it were my son, he'd be in the apology video all battered and bruised from his mother beating his ass proper.

#145 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:06 AM

Boo hoo.

Amen to that. I hope that spoiled little s*** gets what he deserves. Reading his father's comments, I'm certain this kid's childhood was filled with his parents saying, "Oh, you must be mistaken, my son would never do something like that!" Denial, denial, denial.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#146 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,180 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:20 AM

Amen to that. I hope that spoiled little s*** gets what he deserves. Reading his father's comments, I'm certain this kid's childhood was filled with his parents saying, "Oh, you must be mistaken, my son would never do something like that!" Denial, denial, denial.

It's possible, but as a parent I can vouch for the fact that sometimes your kids do the damnedest things.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#147 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 862 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:43 AM

Truly pathetic. And people talk about what a crap town Detroit is? At least we don't burn what's left of the place down when our sports teams win, or lose...

I remember on game 7 in 2009, after the Wings lost everyone just finished up their drinks, paid their bills, and walked home. None of this burning car crap.

I hope Vancouver never touches the cup.

#148 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:54 AM

It's possible, but as a parent I can vouch for the fact that sometimes your kids do the damnedest things.

True. I'm just coming from the perspective of someone who, in his younger years was constantly victimized by those "Oh, my son could never..." kids and their parents, so there's my bias. :P

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#149 softshoes

softshoes

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:45 AM

Truly pathetic. And people talk about what a crap town Detroit is? At least we don't burn what's left of the place down when our sports teams win, or lose...

I remember on game 7 in 2009, after the Wings lost everyone just finished up their drinks, paid their bills, and walked home. None of this burning car crap.

I hope Vancouver never touches the cup.

Maybe, but in '84 you would be in good shape if you were downtown with a bag of marshmallows. That year the Tigers won and Detroit came away from it with a couple less cop cars. Virgins we're not.:(
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f***in beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then you got more punishment in store.Stand it like a man, and give some back."

- Al Swearengen

#150 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:50 AM

He's only upset he got caught, not that he did something wrong. Plus, that was the fakest apology I've ever heard. No tears, no running nose, no eye contact. No blush face. Totally photoshopped.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#151 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,567 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:56 AM

Posted Image

:lol: - awesome!

And to the kid who got caught trying to torch the cop car - hope the legal system treats you no differently than any "other" 17 yr old.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#152 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,940 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:45 PM

He's only upset he got caught, not that he did something wrong. Plus, that was the fakest apology I've ever heard. No tears, no running nose, no eye contact. No blush face. Totally photoshopped.

Specifically, the potential consequences that go along with getting caught. The kid is on or trying to get on the Canadian National Water Polo team. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you. :lol:

Then of course there is always
"Hi, I'm here for the job interview"

Gee, fella, you sure do look familiar. Hmm. Squat down and act like you trying to light something. Oh yeah, I know you!"

He'll never get a job anywhere in Canada. I was going to say that he'd have to go all the way to Atlanta to find someone hiring that doesn't recognize him, but thats the home of CNN, so he's just screwed.

Edited by T.Low, 21 June 2011 - 10:49 PM.

#153 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:46 PM

Specifically, the potential consequences that go along with getting caught. The kid is on or trying to get on the Canadian National Water Polo team. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you. :lol:

Then of course there is always
"Hi, I'm here for the job interview"

Gee, fella, you sure do look familiar. Hmm. Squat down and act like you trying to light something. Oh yeah, I know you!"

Exactly!!!
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#154 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 862 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:11 PM

Maybe, but in '84 you would be in good shape if you were downtown with a bag of marshmallows. That year the Tigers won and Detroit came away from it with a couple less cop cars. Virgins we're not.:(

I was 3 years old, so yeah I don't remember that :P I guess I can say that we grew up as a city to where we don't riot* anymore.... ;)

* riot due to sports

#155 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 03:11 PM

Posted Image

Best ever. Well done.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.