• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#41 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 07:36 AM

That is correct. I am in Texas and watched the HD feed on FSD, channel 663. Did you subscribe to Center Ice yet? It was a free preview until October 23, but in order to watch Tuesday's game you had to of subscribed.

EDIT: I just checked right now, all four games I see on are available in HD.

I've been auto-subscribed for Center Ice the past 7 seasons and have always gotten most all the HD feeds, but the last couple Wings games it states I'm "not subscribed" when I went to the channel. Now I'm extremely confused because when I flipped on the TBL-NSH game last night, and I did in fact get the HD feed.

The only thing I can think of is that the HD feed started momentarily after the standard feed and that was the moment I turned it on. Not likely, but that could be the reason why it stated such.

Oh well, we'll see tonight.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#42 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:09 AM

Try both channels, the RSN and the CI channel. Although, tonight the game is on NHLN-US so FSD will be blacked out for us out of marketers.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#43 TheWestWing

TheWestWing

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:30 AM

I've been auto-subscribed for Center Ice the past 7 seasons and have always gotten most all the HD feeds, but the last couple Wings games it states I'm "not subscribed" when I went to the channel. Now I'm extremely confused because when I flipped on the TBL-NSH game last night, and I did in fact get the HD feed.

The only thing I can think of is that the HD feed started momentarily after the standard feed and that was the moment I turned it on. Not likely, but that could be the reason why it stated such.

Oh well, we'll see tonight.

You need to reauthorize your receivers - you can do it online. They had some issues on some subs when they shutdown the free preview. Had the same issue and this took care of it.

#44 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:31 PM

You need to reauthorize your receivers - you can do it online. They had some issues on some subs when they shutdown the free preview. Had the same issue and this took care of it.

Cheers WW!
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#45 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 06:33 PM

Just to put it in stone: On my Directv, FSD just blacked out and NHLN-US is the only available feed I get. However, luckily it's the FSD feed NHL Network picked up tonight.

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#46 drumnj

drumnj

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 06:40 PM

Just to put it in stone: On my Directv, FSD just blacked out and NHLN-US is the only available feed I get. However, luckily it's the FSD feed NHL Network picked up tonight.

Not if you're located in Detroit territory...then it's reverse.

Got FSD setup with all it's glory.  Plan to have pre and post game coverage along with Wingspan and 24/7.  Youtube page: RedWingsLive1

Red Wings and Griffins Live Games Check my profile
Always looking for people to help with the site, be it coding (PHP & JS) or design work. PM me if you'd be interested.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!
Dan's World, Dan's World... Mediocrity!... Excellent!

#47 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 07:18 PM

Not if you're located in Detroit territory...then it's reverse.

I meant out of market.

#48 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:57 PM

I just got off the phone with Directv, had called them about something else and asked about Fox. They said that as of 6:30 they have reached an agreement and will not be shutting off the Fox channels. :yowza:

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#49 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:29 PM

Yep, I was just calling to ask them what was going to happen with CI subscriptions and there was a message that said they reached a deal. Sweet baby Jesus I'm happy I can watch the Wings on my own TV tomorrow!

http://www.broadcast...h_Agreement.php

#50 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:51 PM

Good news for everyone... Directv and Fox sports have come to an agreement and there will be no cancellation of anything. Love having Directv and we got nothing to worry about. Now just for the Wings to start winning again !

#51 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:22 PM

YAY!!! I had called them last night and they told me that Center Ice wouldn't be affected by what was going on, but they were still in negotiations. I'm relieved indeed...not only do I like FSD (for obvious reasons), but there is a new show on National Geographic Wild about one of our local vets, called "The Incredible Dr. Pol". I know him, I know where he practices (right down the road from my house, in fact), and I know some of his clients. Makes for really cool tv.
Posted Image

#52 drumnj

drumnj

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:45 PM

:banana:
Time to get drunk!
:beerbuddy:

Got FSD setup with all it's glory.  Plan to have pre and post game coverage along with Wingspan and 24/7.  Youtube page: RedWingsLive1

Red Wings and Griffins Live Games Check my profile
Always looking for people to help with the site, be it coding (PHP & JS) or design work. PM me if you'd be interested.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!
Dan's World, Dan's World... Mediocrity!... Excellent!

#53 Cali-Wing-Nut

Cali-Wing-Nut

Guppie Hunter

• PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:15 PM

WOO HOO!!! I was prepped to be watching NHL on PS3 because of this but now I can watch it and SPEED as well as every other channel I watch which just so happens to be on a FOX network. I suprised myself to find out that 90% of the show I watch are a Fox affiliate. Freaked me out that I was going to have a TV contract for TV I wasnt going to watch, I was really mad about that but for now Im calm again..

Now only if the Wings could make my FSND feed worthwhile to watch Id be content with paying 150+ for the ability to watch them :angry:
I'M WRECKING SHOP!!!

#54 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:20 AM

Does this happen every year?

#55 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:33 AM

^ It's starting to seem like it.

#56 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:45 AM

It only happens when a contract expires, similar to how lockouts in sports leagues occur when a CBA is expiring and a new contract is not negotiated in time. It seems like it's always Fox that has the high profile carriage fee wars with providers, so I blame them. In the last couple of years they've had disputes with TWC, Dish, and now Directv. Next year, or sooner, it will be another provider (Comcast, AT&T, etc) and customer base that will be held hostage by News Corp.

Edited by rrasco, 01 November 2011 - 09:45 AM.