• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hatcher#2

Marek Tvrdon

Rate this topic

Out of all of this years draft picks he seems to be getting the least attention, possibly due to his injury last year and only playing 10 games he seems to be somewhat unknown. He is off to a decent start again this year with with 8 points in 11 games and he is huge being listed at 6' 2 and 217 pounds.

Has anyone seen him play and can let us know the type of game he plays. All I have been able to find is that he skates extremely well for a big guy. What I would like to know is does he use his size, is he physical at all.

Vancouver Giants winger Marek Tvrdon apparently likes when his future employer checks in on him.

With Detroit Red Wings director of player development Jiri Fischer in attendance at the Pacific Coliseum, Tvrdon turned in one of his best games in his brief WHL career.

The rangy Slovak, a fourth-round pick of the Red Wings last year, was a factor all over the ice much of the night. On the stats sheet, the second-year Giant ended up with two goals and two assists to help his club to a 8-1 win over the Victoria Royals before a crowd of 6,517 at the Pacific Coliseum.

Things started for Tvrdon when he managed to stay onside as an attempted stretch pass by Brett Kulak was deflected by Victoria defenceman Hayden Rintoul just inside the Royals zone. He still beat Rintoul to the puck, and then made a nifty fake to score on Keith Hamilton at 6:23 of the first period, giving Vancouver a 2-0 lead.

On a power play at 7:47, he stretched it to 3-0 when he tucked a loose puck underneath Hamilton from the side of the net. And he and Brendan Gallagher combined to set up Jordan Martinook on the man advantage at 12:41 to stretch the lead to 4-0.

I love Tvrdon. Him and Jurco are two very nice gentlemen and fantastic hockey players. I understand Tvrdon had a fluke injury his draft year, but I'm still astounded that he fell all the way he did. This guy is gunna be a very special player in the NHL. he may be streaky like Franzen, but he has more skill than Franzen could ever had hoped for, and that's saying something.

They're showing Tvrdon's game from last night on NHL Network right now. It's my first time watching him play and at first glance he reminds me of Lucic. He's big and has that Lucic-like hunchback posture. He looks really good down low protecting the puck and he's always around the net. Seems like the perfect net-front presence on one of Babcock's top 2 lines.

He's not a bad skater by any means. He's actually a good skater but he's gotta keep his skating razor sharp and push it better and better if he wants to make it to the next level.

The biggest thing of all with him is that he's gotta put those nagging consistency issues to rest. His coach at times makes comments about him that we make about Franzen in terms of "Why can't he play this well more often?"