• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:41 PM

This is an unofficial thread as I'm no Hockeytown0001. Just wanted to create a thread as there's many interesting games tonight.

FINAL
MONTREAL 2 - 1 BOSTON

FINAL
COLUMBUS 2 - 4 BUFFALO

FINAL
TORONTO 4 - 2 NY RANGERS

FINAL
WINNIPEG 9 - 8 PHILADELPHIA

I missed this but it must've been unbelievable game. Shots were 48-25 for PHI, but Bryzgalov and Bobrovsky both had SV% under 0.700. WPG had 8 players with at least 2 points while Briere and Timonen had 4 points each.

FINAL (SO)
NY ISLANDERS 2 - 3 PITTSBURGH

FINAL
FLORIDA 3 - 4 OTTAWA

13:38 3RD
TAMPA BAY 2 - 5 NASHVILLE

09:53 3RD
ANAHEIM 3 - 1 MINNESOTA

END 2ND
LOS ANGELES 3 - 1 DALLAS

03:23 1ST
WASHINGTON 1 - 0 EDMONTON

16:32 1ST
NEW JERSEY 0 - 0 PHOENIX

P.K. Subban and Brad Marchand fought already:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TALbmMSKjO4

Subban's first throw cracked me up.

Streams

Edited by P. Marlowe, 27 October 2011 - 09:29 PM.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#2 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,741 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:46 PM

Don't see too many 9-8 games in the NHL.

That must have been a fun game to watch.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#3 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:51 PM

Don't see too many 9-8 games in the NHL.

That must have been a fun game to watch.

Aye. Usually when one team scores 8-9 it's a blowout, but this was an even game. Ondrej Pavelec had the best SV% of all four goalies that played with 0.837.

Plekanec's own goal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ADADV0HkJs

Bruins have a scary PP as they don't even need to touch the puck to score. Habs ended up winning 2-1 so Price ruined his shutout himself.

Edited by P. Marlowe, 27 October 2011 - 08:59 PM.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#4 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:05 PM

That Philly game was quite funnny. They were down 7-1 at one point LOL.

#5 13GoWings40

13GoWings40

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:13 PM

5:00AM
NEW JERSEY
PHOENIX

It took me about 10 minutes to put together that the game started at 5 a.m. because you're in Finland. I actually checked Yahoo sports to see if there was a game in Europe I didn't hear about lol. 5 a.m. start time for west coast games so 2 a.m. starts for home games? Damn, I gotta give props to our fans across the ocean, you guys have dedication

#6 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:16 PM

It took me about 10 minutes to put together that the game started at 5 a.m. because you're in Finland. I actually checked Yahoo sports to see if there was a game in Europe I didn't hear about lol. 5 a.m. start time for west coast games so 2 a.m. starts for home games? Damn, I gotta give props to our fans across the ocean, you guys have dedication

Oh, whoops. I didn't notice that. Yeah I have a habit of staying up late. Most games this season have started at 7 PM so it's 2 AM here.

NHL.com highlights of the wacky 8-9 PHI-WPG game

-- Mitch Albom

#7 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:21 PM

My fantasy team loved the 3rd period of the Jets/Flyers. I racked up a cool 5 points in that period. :cool:

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#8 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,476 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:45 PM

That Philly game was quite funnny. They were down 7-1 at one point LOL.

Where did you get that?? Winnipeg was up 5-1 at one point and 6-2 at another point, then 6-3, 6-4, 6-5, 6-6, then Philly up 7-6....

Anyway, wonder when the last time a team scored 8 goals and lost.

#9 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:48 PM

Yahoo Sports on my iPod says ATL 9 PHI 8... gg Yahoo.

#10 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:51 PM

Where did you get that?? Winnipeg was up 5-1 at one point and 6-2 at another point, then 6-3, 6-4, 6-5, 6-6, then Philly up 7-6....

Anyway, wonder when the last time a team scored 8 goals and lost.

My bad thought I saw the score as 7-1 at one point. Been streaming between all games tonight. Regardless quite a comical game

Last year btw Philly was in a game like 9-8 or something to Boston right or the other way around? lol

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing), 27 October 2011 - 10:20 PM.

#11 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:12 PM

My fantasy team loved the 3rd period of the Jets/Flyers. I racked up a cool 5 points in that period. :cool:

I had Pavelec as a starter tonight. *cries*

detroit-skyline.jpg

My priorities: 1-Hockey. 2-Sleep. 3-Food. 4-Everything Else.

No, Ozzie is NOT the Breakfast Wizard!" -- my husband

#12 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:15 PM

Maybe it's just me but what was the point of putting DiPietro in for the shootout? Do they want to have this guy to have a season ending groin injury?

#13 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,476 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 06:55 AM

Maybe it's just me but what was the point of putting DiPietro in for the shootout? Do they want to have this guy to have a season ending groin injury?

Saw that on Sportscentre this morning. Apparently Nabokov could play the shootout because of fatigue....very, very strange.

Anyone see the Mike Brown fight in the Leafs game? Pretty good one. The Sportscentre guy said he counted 15 punches thrown by Brown and about 17 of them landed.

#14 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 06:59 AM

Saw that on Sportscentre this morning. Apparently Nabokov could play the shootout because of fatigue....very, very strange.

Anyone see the Mike Brown fight in the Leafs game? Pretty good one. The Sportscentre guy said he counted 15 punches thrown by Brown and about 17 of them landed.

Here's the video. Brown did very well.

I'm not a big Subban fan, but I did like his interview after the fight.

#15 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,476 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:10 AM

Anyone see/hear Bryzgalov's comments after the game....along the lines of "I have no confidence in myself, I can't stop the puck, I'm lost in the woods, I want to give the $51M back". Okay, I made up the last one, but the other comments, I don't think I've ever heard a player come out and say something like that.

Edited by toby91_ca, 28 October 2011 - 11:11 AM.

#16 Dave

Dave

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:23 PM

Anyone see/hear Bryzgalov's comments after the game....along the lines of "I have no confidence in myself, I can't stop the puck, I'm lost in the woods, I want to give the $51M back". Okay, I made up the last one, but the other comments, I don't think I've ever heard a player come out and say something like that.

It's better than the ol' bad bounces excuse. Honestly, he's been outstanding the past couple years in Phoenix, perhaps it was Tippett's defensive scheme?

#17 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 03:24 PM

It's better than the ol' bad bounces excuse. Honestly, he's been outstanding the past couple years in Phoenix, perhaps it was Tippett's defensive scheme?

I'd say it's hilarious karma for pulling an Eric Lindros if his team moved to Winnipeg.