555 replies to this topic

#441 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:14 PM

The officiating was indeed pathetic.

Also, these new line combos didn't look too hot when they were out there. Maybe some of that has to do with constantly having to kill penalties.

In any case, Bertuzzi and Franzen are too lazy and too stupid to be playing on the same line right now.

Bert's too lazy and stupid to be playing at all. I'm tired of his multiple bonehead penalties game after game. Bench him.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#442 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

f*** we scored only one goal AGAIN. Doesn't matter about our stupid penalities that we took and this and that. Not going to win many games scoring 1 goal in this league. Somethings gotta give. What the f*** boyz....

#443 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

So, on the Grand Scale of Referee screwups against us, this isn't as bad as the 2010 SJ/DET series, but i'd rank it up there.

Had to be Setoguccibag. Harding diving like an olympian and the refs all over the f-ing whistles.

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#444 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:15 PM

stop crying about all the so called missed calls and realize the Wings only managed 1 goal on Harding in 120+ minutes

lololololol

#445 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,338 posts

The officiating was indeed pathetic.

Also, these new line combos didn't look too hot when they were out there. Maybe some of that has to do with constantly having to kill penalties.

In any case, Bertuzzi and Franzen are too lazy and too stupid to be playing on the same line right now.

There isn't.

Were you born yesterday?

I always feel dirty when i agree with you...
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#446 hockey23

hockey23

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

kronwall was not elbowed, it was a clean hit form the 3 angles i saw in hd slow mo.

Koivu jumped into Kronwall and he didn't even have the puck. Charge, interference-take your pick.

#447 AceInTheSleeve

AceInTheSleeve

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 279 posts

I think the refs should just get together and have a game of table slider hockey to decide the games from here on in if this is how they are gonna call games

#448 lomekian

lomekian

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 477 posts

I have stayed up in England to all kinds of stupid o'clock to watch the games, and there have been so many bad calls already this year. It seems that the opposition can tap dance on Howard's head and no-one gives a rats arse, but if holmstrom farts in the direction of a goalie, we have a penalty and goals waved off. The standard of officiating in the NHL is getting worse year by year over the last 15 years I have following from overseas, and frankly, I'm not sure I can be bothered anymore.

The league has the parity it wants, but it does seem there is another agenda out there, following on from the endless debacles in 2009 playoffs. The fact that these don't get reviewed and there is no real forum to criticise officials is pathetic.

That said, the team looks in not great shape this year, and this seems to be the beginning of a slow long predicted partial decline, that needs to be addressed with more size and speed in the line up. Just as well some of the kids coming up in the system look exciting.

#449 Ray1905

Ray1905

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:16 PM

For those of you who are blaming the refs, you should realise that this is hockey, sometime you get a the calls your way sometimes you don't, so don't blame the refs.

The Wings didn't play well enough to win and they lost, get used to it, it's going to append a lot in the future, they had a great ride for so many years now they are just a middle of the pack team.

This is just my opinion.

Let's Go Red Wings!!!
Read less, more TV.

#450 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:16 PM

kronwall was not elbowed, it was a clean hit form the 3 angles i saw in hd slow mo.

One, that's not even close to a clean hit. Have you ever watched post lockout hockey?
two, bertuzzi had a penalty earlier this season that was exactly like that

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#451 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:17 PM

And by a lot you mean primary scoring only?

That's just the tip of the iceberg. PP not looking so hot. While we cycle the puck well in the offensive zone...we just don't seem to have guys getting some speed toward the net and getting open for really good scoring chances. Multiple people on multiple lines just floating around. I think we got screwed by the refs tonight, but a few of those were legitimate calls on the Wings, and they were given to us because players were playing lazy. I thought we were just under-achieving these last few losses, which we tend to do from time-to-time, but now I'm not so sure. I'm not gonna overact or throw a fit or anything, but I just have a general feeling of malaise about this team right now.

Hopefully we can get back on track on Thursday...or Iginla will finally have his breakout first game of the year and hattrick us.
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#452 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,465 posts

LOL @ all the "elbowing" posts.

the wings didn't play well, and took about 200 penalties that were all both legit and unnecessary?

does that help?

The PK played excellent and the Wings had many chances. Harding had another great game, and IMO the Wings got screwed on the last play. The Wings weren't outplayed- they just took bad penalties. To me, playing well and taking penalties are not mutually exclusive.

#453 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

How about some funny?

Posted Image

Posted Image

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#454 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,061 posts

Well, unlike the other night in Minnesota, I thought the defense was very good tonight. The tying goal was just one of those things. Those blind hail mary wristers from the point will go in sometimes. And the less said about the winning goal, the better.

The refs dropped the ball and Harding stood on his head, but the Wings have got to find a way to beat him. Or, well, I guess not anymore. Thank god they're done with Minny for a good long while.

The defense wasn't bad, it just seems we're always in bad position in those end of the game tying goal scenarios and, damn it's frustrating to watch haha.

But the main thing is, I don't wanna see Harding ever again. When we're looking for a backup next offseason we gotta grab this guy so he can't beat us by himself anymore :lol:

#NOMOREKINDL

#455 Kindl Surprise

Kindl Surprise

Rookie

• Pip
  • 138 posts

Considering how the Red Wings have played the last five games, this might be more appropriate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmskwqCCQ

Haha well at least watching the replay with that playing overtop makes it a little enjoyable. It should just play on the rink PA every time Hudler gets on the ice.

#456 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:18 PM

This thread will get the most posts for a GDT by far so far this season.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#457 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,736 posts

Koivu jumped into Kronwall and he didn't even have the puck. Charge, interference-take your pick.

as I referenced earlier, that play has been called interference all season long....prior to this year it was a battle for the puck, but this year they have been calling the penalty. Nice time to go back to the old rule refs...oh well, we need to score more goals! 5 in 5 is horrible.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#458 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

You people are crazy if you don't think all the penalties decided this game.

#459 hckypete96

hckypete96

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:19 PM

cant wait to see a trade. this team needs a goal scorer

Edited by hckypete96, 01 November 2011 - 09:20 PM.

Z's just livin another day in the life of a god damn boss.....

#460 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:19 PM

Hurry back Jan Mursak.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.