30 replies to this topic

#21 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 03:27 AM

What surprises me more is the following Babcock's quote in that article

"Not good enough," Babcock said. "Your power play has to be deadly. You have to wear people out. A good power play is if you win the faceoff, and you shoot, you shoot, you shoot, you shoot and put the next group out and you shoot, you shoot, and you shoot. Not one and done."

Why players don't do that? Are they not listening to Babcock at all? All we saw last game are numerious passes during PP. Well, we had 3 PPs without a shoot on goal. Looks like the only player who shoots is Ian White and he is injured right now. Something is seriously wrong.
Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#22 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:34 AM

Don't dwell on this, Pasha...the more you let it get to you, the worse it will get. Yes, be concerned, but not to the point where it becomes an obsession. The more you let this eat away at you, the worse you will get. Work hard, keep pushing yourself, but don't let it take over your life. The more you dwell on mistakes, the more mistakes you make. I learned that the hard way, believe me.
Posted Image

#23 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:06 AM

What surprises me more is the following Babcock's quote in that article

Why players don't do that? Are they not listening to Babcock at all? All we saw last game are numerious passes during PP. Well, we had 3 PPs without a shoot on goal. Looks like the only player who shoots is Ian White and he is injured right now. Something is seriously wrong.

Thats a goodf****** question.

Babs isn't just saying that now, he has been saying it. Its like since Babs has been coach for a few years now, that the players are just used to him or something and ignore everything he tells them and let it go in one ear and out the other.

Babs "Shoot the puck on this PP, boys, none of this million pass game s***"

"OK, coach"

PP starts:

pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass

puck gets stripped and cleared

pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass pass

puck gets stripped and cleared

pass pass pass pass

pass gets intercepted and cleared

pass pass......

Well, you get the point.

#24 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:44 AM

Posted Image

I trust mine eye to Dr. Rahmani

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#25 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,468 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 12:15 PM

I believe Pavel more than any other Wing. Can't wait to see him rebound in a huge way. Also, relating to our power play, we need someone other than Franzen who just does nothing but shoot. I'm not gonna present some obscure trade proposal but boy would that be great to see.

#26 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:52 PM

I can't stay mad at him.

+1000

Get er done Pavel.

#27 Learn2LuvIt

Learn2LuvIt

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:57 PM

Only a matter of time. I believe that once he scores....he's going to go on a tear of epic proportions.

Just a note on the "me shoot more" comments and an observation of his play as of late. My buddy pointed out to me to watch Dats (last 4 games) and how many times he dekes/fakes before shooting. I was amazed at how little he was. Mostly just wrist shots/backhands without any deke/fake to get the goalie moving. I know he's gripping a little tight right now due to the lack of points (comparitively), but his deke and quick moves before he released the puck were I thought one of his strong suites....maybe the best in the league. Just an observation.
ENJOY THE RIDE

#28 Pucks

Pucks

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:10 PM

Wish Zetterberg would admit hes been horrendous as well.

Welcome to the playoffs....where the games get better and the officiating gets worse.

#29 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,248 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:23 PM

Wish Zetterberg would admit hes been horrendous as well.

Zetterberg is just as puzzled by his own scoring issues.

“Absolutely. I’m the same as Pav,” Zetterberg said.
“You’re trying to do everything right, working hard in practice, working hard in games. Hopefully it will turn around.”

http://www.mlive.com...pavel_dats.html

Edited by haroldsnepsts, 17 November 2011 - 06:24 PM.

#30 Scott Stevens

Scott Stevens

Rookie

• Pip
  • 181 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:57 PM

Z don't care. Posted Image

#31 Lonewuhf

Lonewuhf

Rookie

• Pip
  • 199 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:17 AM

Only a matter of time. I believe that once he scores....he's going to go on a tear of epic proportions.

Just a note on the "me shoot more" comments and an observation of his play as of late. My buddy pointed out to me to watch Dats (last 4 games) and how many times he dekes/fakes before shooting. I was amazed at how little he was. Mostly just wrist shots/backhands without any deke/fake to get the goalie moving. I know he's gripping a little tight right now due to the lack of points (comparitively), but his deke and quick moves before he released the puck were I thought one of his strong suites....maybe the best in the league. Just an observation.

And while we're waiting, we're still out of the playoff race. As much as I hate statistics like these, something like only 9% of the teams out of the playoffs by Thanksgiving actually get into the playoffs. We can't wait any longer, our top players need to be our top players.