• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
newfy

Brendan Smith watch thread

Rate this topic

Ericsson does kill penalties and logs far more minutes than either Smith/Kindl/Commodore right now. I'm quite impressed with Smith through three games, but I think we would see far more mistakes from inexperience from him playing 18-20 minutes than 12-15. Neither Smith nor Kindl is really ready to kill penalties yet, which Ericsson is relatively decent at. I guess you could just roll with Lidstrom, White, Stuart and Kronwall on the PK but that just increases all of their workloads even more.

I really like Smith regardless and want to see more of him with the Red Wings.

In that scenario we would see White's ES time drop by around 2 minutes. So hand that to Kindl or Smith. Ericsson has been playing 14 mins at ES, to Kindl and Smith getting about 13 each. So each of Kindl and Smith would see maybe 14-15 minutes at ES. White was playing 19 minutes at ES, by FAR the leader on the team, before his injury. So it would actually be completely reasonable (Kindl would play about 14-15 ES, Smith 14-15 ES and 2 PP, 16-17 Total) so we're not looking at a huge drain on the top four by removing Ericsson from the PK.