• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2012 Baseball thread

Rate this topic

Fair to say Valverde deserved a blown save like today during the 49 straight. With all the trouble he usually gets into, it was bound to catch up at some point.

Disappointing JV didn't get the win. Wow, was he ever dominant. Jackson's swing looks much improved. Peralta and Avila had nice games too.

Exciting win to start the season. So glad baseball is back. Not many events in sports better than Opening Day.

Eric-Gagne.jpg

Still the man.

That streak is unreal.

I actually thought to myself, in the bottom of the 8th, that it would be somewhat poetic for Valverde to blow his first opportunity of 2012. Didn't think I would be foreshadowing anything, though.

Still a win is a win, a walk-off is great and Jackson, Avila, and Peralta all had really solid games.

I have a feeling this whole Cabrera/Fielder 3-4 combination might work out alright. My goodness, what a display of hitting. It was like they were trying to outdo the other one in a good way.

Bad news on Fister, however. Placed on the 15 day DL and from what I have read so far, it sounds like he could be out upwards of a month. This is a serious blow. Besides JV now, the four other starters are inexperienced and typically inconsistent. Scherzer and Porcello have to be reliable. Smyly got roughed up starting in Toledo today as well.

Hopefully the offense can keep slugging until Fister gets back.

Edited by GoWings1905

You can just tell that Prince and Cabby have a "anything you can do, I can do better" relationship. One will not let the other one out-perform him lol. They look like good buddies, and that relationship should translate into quite the power display this year. Gunna be fun to watch.

Thank you Tigers! I always enjoy it when I can count on other teams to bring me a small bit of joy, when I otherwise cannot find any. The Yankees may be sucking to start the season, but watching the Red Sox pick up right where they left off.....brings tears of happiness to my eyes.

Raburn is pissing me off. He has misplayed 4 balls in 2 games by my count, and most of those cost us extra outs/runs. He needs to stay off the field. Year after year we see him boot everything. Put Santiago in the lineup and sit Raburn the heck down. He isn't hitting, so stay away from him.

Raburn is pissing me off. He has misplayed 4 balls in 2 games by my count, and most of those cost us extra outs/runs. He needs to stay off the field. Year after year we see him boot everything. Put Santiago in the lineup and sit Raburn the heck down. He isn't hitting, so stay away from him.

I'm not trying to be rude here at all, but you're OK with Inge playing but not Raburn? Inge hasn't hit anything in years. Trust me, I'm not too fond of Raburn at second either. That being said, it's a little early to write Raburn off after three games. He destroyed the ball in the second-half last season and all of Spring Training. Raburn's best position is left field, but it's not happening since Leyland wants to play Young in left most days. The Tigers defense is horrid no matter what. Raburn will hit enough to compensate over time.

How about today's game? This team is unbelievable at the plate and so fun to watch. Miguel Cabrera is the best hitter in baseball. He's going to be the MVP with Fielder behind him. Jackson looks completely different and Avila came up clutch again. It's only three games and wins, but you just get the feeling this team is special. There's just the look like they know they are going to win most days.

Scherzer's outing concerns me a lot. He has to be way better than that with Fister out. Oh, Daniel Schlereth is still beyond horrible and should never pitch in games where the margin is less than ten runs either way.

At least Inge can catch the damn ball. Raburn will never be a consistent player. Brandon won't hit .270, but he is clutch when it matters. 2 of his 3 homers last season were walk-offs. He struck the ball well this spring and is infinitely better with the glove than Raburn will ever be. Raburn booted the ball playing in left today too, so he has no natural position in the field. He is hitting like 2-12 this year... which is a .167 average and 4 Ks. Spring numbers don't mean s*** when it comes the the regular season. Jhonny drove in 0 runs last spring and everyone wrote him off... until he drove in 80+ in the regular season. Jim has some kind of hard-on for Raburn when Santiago should be playing in his place. Just keep Raburn off the damn infield, I am fed up with him costing us outs and runs.

At least Inge can catch the damn ball. Raburn will never be a consistent player. Brandon won't hit .270, but he is clutch when it matters. 2 of his 3 homers last season were walk-offs. He struck the ball well this spring and is infinitely better with the glove than Raburn will ever be. Raburn booted the ball playing in left today too, so he has no natural position in the field. He is hitting like 2-12 this year... which is a .167 average and 4 Ks. Spring numbers don't mean s*** when it comes the the regular season. Jhonny drove in 0 runs last spring and everyone wrote him off... until he drove in 80+ in the regular season. Jim has some kind of hard-on for Raburn when Santiago should be playing in his place. Just keep Raburn off the damn infield, I am fed up with him costing us outs and runs.

12 AB's is enough to bench Raburn but Inge can hit .197 for an entire year and you still want him to start? Sorry, I don't agree at all. Brandon won't hit .270? That's pretty obvious considering he can't even clear .200 and how impressive that he hit a whopping 3 HR's. Definitely a clutch player if you ignore the 873 K's with runners on base. All I hear are excuses for and from Inge. I don't care if Inge struck the ball well. That doesn't mean a damn thing. Raburn hit over .300 in the second-half last season and Inge was in Toledo.

It's funny you say Leyland is in love with Raburn. I think 99% of the Tigers fanbase would say that's more the case with Inge. It isn't a coincidence Inge got booed during the intros on Opening Day. People are tired of his s*** and want him to go away. Raburn, Santiago and Danny Worth are all better baseball players than Brandon Inge. The only people that think differently are Inge himself, Leyland and his eight remaining fans.

Edited by GoWings1905

Inge hit .289 when he came back up and .318 in the playoffs. In September alone he hit .324. He was hurt all last year by his wrist and mono, but when he came back, he tore the cover off the ball.

Wow. Just wow.

I had the pleasure of going to yesterday's slugfest/beatdown/thrashing. And today's game? Just wow. After Punto broke the tie in the 11th I thought this game was over.

Just wow.

Miguel and Prince strike again. Tigers still unbeaten.

How fun is this so far?

The short answer? A lot.

I might like today's win the most as a testament to this team. Beating the Sox this weekend was great because A) I hate Red Sox Nation and B) it was done so in spectacular fashion; but today's win was just a solid team effort through and through against a tough team. Obviously, it lacked some of the sensationalism that this weekend's series did, but it's great to see them hang in there and strike when they had the opportunity.