• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2/14 GDT : Stars 1 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

I understand TSN has a priority to follow the Canadian teams,but Zidlicky's "possibility to be traded" over historic moment at the Joe last night on headlines is just silly imho :thumbdown:

The best part is that Zidlicky plays for the Wild and was rumoured to have agreed on a trade to the Devils, both American teams. That story only got put so high on the headlines list because TSN shoves its trade deadline coverage down everybody's throat and the lack of trades in February has made them desperate to draw extra attention to their trade deadline show. I hate TSN.

Just had a run-in with Directv about this very game. The NHL channel (215 on DTV) is supposedly showing the Wings/Stars game as we speak. Wrong. Can't get it. The message says it is "blacked out". Through gnashed teeth, I patiently told the "techie" (yeaahhhh....) that it was not a live game. That it was played yesterday, so how could it be blacked out? I also told her we subscribe to the Center Ice package, so why wouldn't we get it anyway? After she first told me that the NHL channel had been moved up to another tier and we'd have to pay $5 more a month to get it, she figured out she had erred (NO s***, SHIRLEY). and talked to someone else who said that, well that happens sometimes and the NHL probably didn't have the rights to broadcast that game!? WHAT THE HELL IS THAT ABOUT? How does that make any sense?

Is anybody watching that game on the NHL channel? Anybody?

Thanks. :ranting:

How to explain last night. Loud, rowdy, raucous, happy, partying atmosphere. From the very start with Homer getting a nice standing ovation, and going all the way to the end with cheers, hugs, high fives and tears...you cannot put it into words. You had to be there to know just what it meant.

Ran into a fellow who was there last night, and we said we were too...told him where we sat (top of section 124), and he said, "Section 222." Anyone who was there last night will always remember where they sat...you may not for any other game in your life, but this one you will.

I was thrilled to be there...I will never forget it.

After the game, while we were waiting for the shuttle back to Hockeytown, some guy in a car along the river had his window open yelling, "Steve Ott sucks!" :lol: We loved it. What a total idiot - not five seconds out of the box, and he goes right back in. I was so wishing he'd get Kronwalled. If anyone ever deserved one, it's him.

How to explain last night. Loud, rowdy, raucous, happy, partying atmosphere. From the very start with Homer getting a nice standing ovation, and going all the way to the end with cheers, hugs, high fives and tears...you cannot put it into words. You had to be there to know just what it meant.

Ran into a fellow who was there last night, and we said we were too...told him where we sat (top of section 124), and he said, "Section 222." Anyone who was there last night will always remember where they sat...you may not for any other game in your life, but this one you will.

After the game, while we were waiting for the shuttle back to Hockeytown, some guy in a car along the river had his window open yelling, "Steve Ott sucks!" :lol: We loved it. What a total idiot - not five seconds out of the box, and he goes right back in. I was so wishing he'd get Kronwalled. If anyone ever deserved one, it's him.

It was almost...but not quite...like being at a playoff game (the best of which HAS to be game 5 last yr vs the sharks. I think I lost 5% of my hearing that night). I had SRO tix but I think will remember the section (217B) I was standing at the end of the game. LGRW

I as well.