380 replies to this topic

#361 auxlepli

auxlepli

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,762 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:40 AM

I think he was being sarcastic.

Oh. don't I feel like the f***in' *******.

#362 sandyeggo wingnut

sandyeggo wingnut

Rookie

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:55 AM

I haven't read the thread cuz I was at the game...but I just gotta say aside from the sharks game 5 I went to last season the Joe ROCKED. Damn nice to witness a part of history

#363 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,338 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:04 AM

Atta boys. Like I've been saying for the longest time. We don't NEED any new blood in this team, but it wouldn't be a bad idea. We can win the cup with this roster and I feel sorry for any doubters out there.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#364 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:13 AM

Atta boys. Like I've been saying for the longest time. We don't NEED any new blood in this team, but it wouldn't be a bad idea. We can win the cup with this roster and I feel sorry for any doubters out there.

No doubt we can win at home, we need to play consistent on the road. I think in order to ensure the Cup as ours, a minor change or two will help. Things tend to look real good in the regular season around here, hopefully we can step it up in the playoffs :cool:

21 in a row :siren:
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#365 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:42 AM

Incredible feat, this is a moment in hockey i'll remember for the rest of my life. First we take the regular season record with 62 wins and now this. I'm honored to be a fan of such a great team and organization that allows me to be a part of moments like this.

Now we just sit back and witness how far into the record books we can take this!

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#366 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:34 AM

Blackjack mothaf***as!

Or should we say, Redjack!... Mothaf***as!

#367 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:36 AM

So how many more do they have to win in order to negate any of this OT shoot out buls***?
There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#368 Esquire

Esquire

Fix up, Look sharp.

• HoF Booster
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:13 AM

Oh. don't I feel like the f***in' *******.

:lol: :clap:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#369 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:29 AM

So how many more do they have to win in order to negate any of this OT shoot out buls***?

I hate all the naysayers that keep wanting to throw an asterisk on this record. I didn't see them trying to throw an asterisk on the 2009 Penguins for winning the Cup with the help of a player that was supposed to be suspended. <_<

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#370 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:51 AM

Haters can hate, all the while the Wings shall keep rollin' on...Congrats to the Detroit Red Wings :thumbup:
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#371 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,938 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:20 AM

I hate all the naysayers that keep wanting to throw an asterisk on this record. I didn't see them trying to throw an asterisk on the 2009 Penguins for winning the Cup with the help of a player that was supposed to be suspended. <_<

and 20 seconds with 6 skaters on the ice.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#372 _Kabrok_

_Kabrok_

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:08 AM

Sorry Esquire, I agree with Barrie.
If a historic hockey event like 21 straight home wins in the NHL is listed below the three stories you mentioned, then it's hardly an example of Canada knowing hockey.
Sorry, I just don't see it.

Their 20th straight home win - a historic hockey event - was top billing on TSN when they tied the record. A number of their recent wins leading up to that 20th have also made top headlines. Everybody who knows hockey was already aware of the implications of the game, and you can only write about the streak so many times before you start just recycling the same thing over and over. People ***** and moan about the hockey media constantly reporting on Crosby's concussion despite a lack of new material to write upon yet are up in arms about this?

You guys really need to get the collective stick out of your ass and find SOMEthing else to do with yourselves other than whine. The history books will hold up a lot longer than TSN's headlines, trust me.

Edited by _Kabrok_, 15 February 2012 - 10:17 AM.

#373 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:20 AM

and 20 seconds with 6 skaters on the ice.

And a crooked ref going, "Shoo! Shoo! Back on the bench, they'll see you!".

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#374 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:24 AM

Crosby is a crybaby *****

#375 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:17 AM

I understand TSN has a priority to follow the Canadian teams,but Zidlicky's "possibility to be traded" over historic moment at the Joe last night on headlines is just silly imho :thumbdown:

#376 ComradeWasabi

ComradeWasabi

the abdelgator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:12 PM

I understand TSN has a priority to follow the Canadian teams,but Zidlicky's "possibility to be traded" over historic moment at the Joe last night on headlines is just silly imho :thumbdown:

The best part is that Zidlicky plays for the Wild and was rumoured to have agreed on a trade to the Devils, both American teams. That story only got put so high on the headlines list because TSN shoves its trade deadline coverage down everybody's throat and the lack of trades in February has made them desperate to draw extra attention to their trade deadline show. I hate TSN.
QUOTE (thedisappearer @ December 13, 2008 - 10:13AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, we're dogpiling on the goalie sammy Hudler the defense the refs league bias against us coaching now? Ok.

Babcock is lazy and he sucks!

#377 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:21 PM

Just had a run-in with Directv about this very game. The NHL channel (215 on DTV) is supposedly showing the Wings/Stars game as we speak. Wrong. Can't get it. The message says it is "blacked out". Through gnashed teeth, I patiently told the "techie" (yeaahhhh....) that it was not a live game. That it was played yesterday, so how could it be blacked out? I also told her we subscribe to the Center Ice package, so why wouldn't we get it anyway? After she first told me that the NHL channel had been moved up to another tier and we'd have to pay $5 more a month to get it, she figured out she had erred (NO s***, SHIRLEY). and talked to someone else who said that, well that happens sometimes and the NHL probably didn't have the rights to broadcast that game!? WHAT THE HELL IS THAT ABOUT? How does that make any sense?

Is anybody watching that game on the NHL channel? Anybody?

Thanks. :ranting:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#378 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:40 PM

How to explain last night. Loud, rowdy, raucous, happy, partying atmosphere. From the very start with Homer getting a nice standing ovation, and going all the way to the end with cheers, hugs, high fives and tears...you cannot put it into words. You had to be there to know just what it meant.

Ran into a fellow who was there last night, and we said we were too...told him where we sat (top of section 124), and he said, "Section 222." Anyone who was there last night will always remember where they sat...you may not for any other game in your life, but this one you will.

I was thrilled to be there...I will never forget it.

After the game, while we were waiting for the shuttle back to Hockeytown, some guy in a car along the river had his window open yelling, "Steve Ott sucks!" :lol: We loved it. What a total idiot - not five seconds out of the box, and he goes right back in. I was so wishing he'd get Kronwalled. If anyone ever deserved one, it's him.
Posted Image

#379 sandyeggo wingnut

sandyeggo wingnut

Rookie

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:35 PM

How to explain last night. Loud, rowdy, raucous, happy, partying atmosphere. From the very start with Homer getting a nice standing ovation, and going all the way to the end with cheers, hugs, high fives and tears...you cannot put it into words. You had to be there to know just what it meant.

Ran into a fellow who was there last night, and we said we were too...told him where we sat (top of section 124), and he said, "Section 222." Anyone who was there last night will always remember where they sat...you may not for any other game in your life, but this one you will.

After the game, while we were waiting for the shuttle back to Hockeytown, some guy in a car along the river had his window open yelling, "Steve Ott sucks!" :lol: We loved it. What a total idiot - not five seconds out of the box, and he goes right back in. I was so wishing he'd get Kronwalled. If anyone ever deserved one, it's him.

It was almost...but not quite...like being at a playoff game (the best of which HAS to be game 5 last yr vs the sharks. I think I lost 5% of my hearing that night). I had SRO tix but I think will remember the section (217B) I was standing at the end of the game. LGRW

#380 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,785 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:13 PM

I as well.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman