Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

2/23 GDT : Canucks 4 at Red Wings 3 (SO)

• Please log in to reply
754 replies to this topic

#701 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:52 AM

It's going to be a nauseating day tomorrow on the airwaves here in Vancouver.

Actually what might be a bigger story is Winnipeg overtook Florida and are now standing in 3rd place :blink:

#702 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:38 AM

Maybe we should try a little Abby-Helm-Miller on the PP?

I mean, that IS our highest scoring line with Datsyuk out.

bringit.jpg

#703 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:16 AM

This one sucked ... I live in BC and am surrounded by homers with their algae colored shirts/jerseys/car flags and am always the token Wings fan that eats chirps from these tools. These last few years the bandwagon has gotten so full its sickening. I missed most of the game because I had to train a hockey team but got to my car just in time to turn on 1040 and hear Burrows score in the shootout. Anyone but him or Kesler ... I think I would wear his face like a Hannibal Lecter skin mask. Deep breath.

Okay. So, its time for the boys to cowboy up and put together another streak to end the year strong. 20 games to go ... likely another 5 without Pavel. If we can get 3 or 4 wins in this stretch (against fairly weak opposition) when hes back for the stretch run hopefully the boys are ready to finish up well. Couple days left till deadline - Id really like to see Kenny add a forward. Either another skill guy (Grabovski/Hemsky) because Hudlers inability to outskate ANYONE really makes me struggle to not kick a hole in the TV when he gets sprung every game but can barely ever get a decent shot because dmen mow him down like grass. Or a big mean sob like Gaustad or Moen wouldnt hurt either.

Did I mention I hate the Canucks (not really, just Kesler, Burrows, and 90% of their fanbase)?

If you ever get sick of their taunting, remind them of that time when their team got absolutely obliterated on home ice in game seven of the SCF.

It's going to be a nauseating day tomorrow on the airwaves here in Vancouver.

See above.

#704 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,555 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:28 AM

I wasn't able to watch the game.

How'd Quincey do?

(Saw that he scored a goal, but wondered beyond the highlights)

#705 crispychris

crispychris

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:57 AM

To me the diffrance in this game was the canucks best players showed up. The Wings best players.......... Watched the "role" players bust their ass and do everything they could to try to win. Z, your my boy but last night was not good enough. We need a lot more out of you. #93, what were you doing out there last night? With Datsyuk out we need you to be big for us and you s*** the bed. I love you guys but WAKE UP!!!!! Just watch #43,#8,#20.

#706 Bertmondi

Bertmondi

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:14 AM

The idea that the Canucks are divers is anecdotal non-sense perpetuated by eastern media and fans who don't actually follow the Canucks. The reality is no one stays up past 10 or 11 to watch the games.

If Holland and Babcock respect Gillis, Vigneault and the Canucks, which they do, that is enough for me to know what real hockey people think about the team.

Excellent game last night. Maybe the Wings will get the win next time.

#707 Ozzie30

Ozzie30

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:18 AM

Random thoughts:
This power play needs to be better. Period. 0/5 is unacceptable, especially with the 4 and 5on3's they've been whiffing on. Additionally, if you want to win the big games, your best players have to be your best players.
That being said, I was less impressed with the Nucks defensive game than I was depressed by the lack of sustained hustle by the Wing's top two lines. Cleary is NOT a top 6 forward - stop forcing it!
Howard is elite.
Helm, Abdelkader and Miller remind me of the Grind Line.
Ericsson is a defensive liability. His offensive "instincts" lead to odd man rushes the other way and pucks intercepted directly in front the net.
The Joe is amazing this year. Does my heart good to know our barn is force to be reckoned with again.
Quincy's ass had an appointment with Babcock's boot until he scored. Less time in
the box please. He looked better than Ericsson.
RIP #24

#708 diehardredwing19

diehardredwing19

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:52 AM

i also live near vancouver, watched the whole game ... a brutal 1st that was complete garbage hockey by the wings, just pisses me right off... however it really showed how much we miss pavs and it showed tuesday to... and i cannot stand these canuck fans.. and reffering to another wings fan on here from vancouver... yea the team 1040 can be realll annoying the only guy i dont mind is don taylor ... gary valk can go hang himself that guys a douchebag! and that dracula looking luongo is a freakin clown.. fml i hate that team so much and there logo and there fans even there arena everything about them!!!

#709 shorthanded

shorthanded

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:02 AM

Same feelings about Franzen. He uses his size along the boards well, but when it comes to making a play when he has the puck, he always shys away from any contact. It's hard to get angry at him, because he has scored many goals for the wings this season, but it's driving me crazy to watch him play like this.

If there is one absolute in late game lead protecting situations it's that Franzen should NEVER be on the ice. I have never seen a bigger, slower, out of position pylon and this is about the fourth time this year he has failed to defend against a game tying goal.

#710 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:23 AM

I woulda benched franzen for a while after the whole lollygaggin to be back onside play in the second. get off the ice if you dont want to skate *******.
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#711 Holmstrom96

Holmstrom96

Banned Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:24 AM

Jimmy - Good job.
Helm - Good job.
Quincey - Good job.

The rest of you - Not so much.

Anyone else notice Burrow's "breaking" celebration? I thought it was funny, although I hope no Red Wing would act like that.

#712 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,641 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:31 AM

Jimmy - Good job.
Helm - Good job.
Quincey - Good job.

The rest of you - Not so much.

Anyone else notice Burrow's "breaking" celebration? I thought it was funny, although I hope no Red Wing would act like that.

Yea, most of the Wings players that have celebrated after scoring a goal don't showboat that much. I know Dats has fist pumped a few times, and then Tatar was showing off the jersey once. Thats why I like the Wings. They are classy and professional.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#713 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,453 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:00 AM

Yea, most of the Wings players that have celebrated after scoring a goal don't showboat that much. I know Dats has fist pumped a few times, and then Tatar was showing off the jersey once. Thats why I like the Wings. They are classy and professional.

That was AWESOME.

I had an event to go to last night and only caught the tail end of the game at the bar. Disappointing for the streak to be so close to continuing only to have it end - but I'm not very upset by its demise. We all knew it would end sooner or later as each win makes keeping it alive more and more impossible. I'm proud to see them hold the record and getting 46 points out of it isn't too shabby, either.

:clap:

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#714 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:08 AM

I wasn't able to watch the game.

How'd Quincey do?

(Saw that he scored a goal, but wondered beyond the highlights)

I thought that overall He was very good. He did take a couple minor's at the start but once he settled down he was great! I am sure that he will make E a better defenseman. That being said, If He re-signs and Nick and Stuart stay then is Ericsson traded with Kindl and Smith moving up?

Quincey is a solid pick up for the Wings!

#715 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:11 AM

I wonder if the whole team had practiced that stick breaking celebration Burrows did.

#716 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,876 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:20 AM

(As mentioned earlier, I was at the game last night) Entertaining game, we got our money's worth. However, we allowed to many shots, 46. You can tell this team misses Datsyuk. Hopefully we can play .500 these next two weeks.

Great game by Helm and Howard.

I think this is the best goaltending we've had in decades.

I thought that overall He was very good. He did take a couple minor's at the start but once he settled down he was great! I am sure that he will make E a better defenseman. That being said, If He re-signs and Nick and Stuart stay then is Ericsson traded with Kindl and Smith moving up?

Quincey is a solid pick up for the Wings!

I agree, Quincey had a good game. He was in most of the after whistle scrums, and scored a goal. I'm glad he's back.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#717 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,641 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:36 AM

I wonder if the whole team had practiced that stick breaking celebration Burrows did.

Burrows broke his stick in half like that in Game 7 of the cup final last year when they went down 3-0. I will have to find the video and see if its online or anything.

When he did it after his shootout goal, I thought Vancouver was going to riot. :D
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#718 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:44 AM

The idea that the Canucks are divers is anecdotal non-sense perpetuated by eastern media and fans who don't actually follow the Canucks. The reality is no one stays up past 10 or 11 to watch the games.

If Holland and Babcock respect Gillis, Vigneault and the Canucks, which they do, that is enough for me to know what real hockey people think about the team.

Excellent game last night. Maybe the Wings will get the win next time.

That sounds like a conspiracy theory to me. People watched the Finals last year...a lot of people. They seen first hand what the majority of the Nucks are about. They looked to me like a team that felt they were entitled to win, an overall arrogance. Which is coming from a team that has never won anything. Boston played like that attitude pissed them off and did something about it. NHL players just voted them the most overrated team in the NHL and I've heard quite a bit of hatred from other players towards them. Oddly enough, the team the Nucks probably want to emulate is us, and I hear 98% respect throughout the league for us.

Edited by achildr1, 24 February 2012 - 09:52 AM.

#719 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:49 AM

Well when you score so many times like the Red Wings do, you run out of celebrations to do. ;)
hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#720 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,165 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:52 AM

In the grand scheme of things, this was just a one-point loss. Not a big deal.

That's what I've been thinking all along. When the playoffs start we forget all about regular season games. I was more interested in how Jimmy and Q looked than the outcome of the game. Datsyuk will probably come back in better shape than he was before the All-Star break.

They'll be fine. I'm not going to freak until they're 2 games down in a playoff series. Then all bets are off. :scared:

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke