• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hockeytown0001

3/30 GDT : Predators 4 at Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

436 posts in this topic

The Wings are 21st in PP goals and 22nd in the league on the PK. Yet they still manage to be 5th overall in Goals per Game and 7th overall in Goals Against.

Add to that to their home and away record, and everything about this team is a split personality.

For a team this good to have such a crappy PP and PK seems like a lack of discipline, commitment to the system, and willingness to compete and sacrifice. I guess we'll see if they find that switch come playoff time.

kylee likes this

I bet I can predict how the first round will go. The Wings won't show up for the first two and will go down 0-2. They will probably win the series, but it will require a lot of soul searching and last minute comebacks once they realize how half-hearted they've become.

Honestly, the Wings need to try hard for 4th place. This is probably the highest chance for the top 3 teams losing in the first or second rounds in a long time. St. Louis is unproven. LA is likely to lose first round. Vancouver is the only really decent playoff team. Detroit could secure a long run of home ice if those teams get upset only if we're in 4th place.

In fact, we could have home ice all throughout the playoffs if things work out right, but really only if we're in 4th. At the very least we could get through the Western Conference with home ice. Vancouver could lose in the second round and then we'd be in the Western finals against a lower seeded team.

Can't say the Wings didn't show up, Preds just played better, Rinne outplayed Howard, PP and PK were weak. This is going to be a very tough first round, Nashville is no joke.

Edited by Yak19

If the Hawks win tonight and then we wwill beat florida tomorrow we will be back in 4th. I think that is going to happen because Nashville will be tired against a fresh Hawks team and the Wings have such good success against Florida. With that said, I am VERY PLEASED that Babcock has finally put Nyquist back with Pasha at practice today but I am disappointed that he is keeping Franzen on the line over Bert. I think Bert plays best with Pasha and has been doing a fantastic job all year at creating open ice for Pavs and using his body well and going in front of the net. IMO I would rather see Nyquist-Datsyuk- Bert BUT I am willing to see what it looks like with Franzen on there. If after the 1st period tomorrow Franzen is still floating, then demote him to the 3rd line and put Bert back with Pavs and Nyquist.

b.shanafan14 likes this

Chicago is kicking there ass. If the boys play like they can they can do the exact same in the playoffs.

Spoke too soon ... Nashville 4, Chicago 4 :ranting:

Impressive, Chi 5 and Nas 4 ... Chicago playing like they want 5th spot.

Evidently, we're not the only team that Columbus can beat ... Col 5 St. Louis 2.

Edited by RedWingsRox

5-4 Chicago looking to win in regulation. Wow. We're still alive in the race for 4th.

Sharks have Dallas coming up in a huge division game. I hate the Sharks, and I don't want them to win the Pacific division, but the idea of having them as the 8th seed to face Vancouver is intriguing.

Edited by irishock

5-4 Chicago looking to win in regulation. Wow. We're still alive in the race for 4th.

alive for 6th too :ph34r: