• Please log in to reply
435 replies to this topic

#341 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:16 PM

In fact if pasha goes to practice tomorrow and notices babcock is still keeping Franzen on his line, he should turn to babcock and tell him to f*** off then leave the ice... im sure that would get the point across lmao!

#342 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:17 PM

Luckily, Franzen has been saving up all those goals for the playoffs. :ph34r:

#343 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:18 PM

I think it's time for all of us to start dealing with some uncomfortable truths.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#344 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,744 posts

But how do you really feel, Nightfall?

That about summed it up.

What this forum needs is an enema. A couple losing seasons will do that to the bandwagoners who have been hanging around for the last 21 years. Don't like the team? GTFO.

Please note, "like" does not mean you can't be critical. Everyone deserves to shoulder some of the blame on this loss. That and Nashville deserves a lot of credit for being ready to take it to the Wings tonight.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#345 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,458 posts

This team has been looking so uninspired and flat. Great way to go into the playoffs.

#346 Nightfall

Nightfall

• Gold Booster
  • 3,744 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:19 PM

Why should we not quit on this team? The team has obviously quit on this season.

Are they entitled to rah-rah homer fans who support them no matter how s***ty their effort is?

"Fans" like this are who I am addressing.

I suppose you could always go root for the Canucks. They need a fan like you.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#347 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:21 PM

Why should we not quit on this team? The team has obviously quit on this season.

Are they entitled to rah-rah homer fans who support them no matter how s***ty their effort is?

Win or lose, I will be a Wings fan. I might not agree with all of the management and coaching decisions, but I will be rooting for the Wings.

#348 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,691 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:22 PM

Fans who support them through the hard times are considered "Die-hards". The opposite of "Bandwagons".

I'm often critical of the team, but I'm always gonna root for Detroit.

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros, 30 March 2012 - 09:23 PM.

"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#349 AceInTheSleeve

AceInTheSleeve

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 279 posts

They had a lot of chances in front and rang some posts, but no bounces went our way. Maybe if they actually put some effort in there would have been more of those chances...but instead they turned in one of the most lackluster efforts of the season in one of the most important games.

No jump to this team right now. Its baffling.

#350 Winged Wheel

Winged Wheel

Prospect

• 42 posts

Get rid of Holland and that "jackass" behind the bench should be right behind 'em. It's pretty obvious that this team needs a complete overhaul and starting with management. What the hell is Illitch waiting for? I've been saying this all along.

#351 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:23 PM

If there's anything I hate more than losing, it's listening to sanctimonious clap-trap about what does or does not constitute a fan, and where those who are deemed "un-fans" (to borrow from the Newspeak dictionary) can go.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#352 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,740 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:24 PM

Don't forget, Holland has been totally unwilling to produce any kind of shakeup to a lineup that got bounced from the second round of the playoffs two years in a row.

In 2010, we were a 5 seed, last season a 3 seed and this season likely a 5th/6th seed. Before that, the Wings were either first or second in the Conference seemingly every year for a decade. It was tremendous success that likely did spoil us, but the GM should have planned for some changes after the last two seasons. Instead, he sat on his arse during the deadline and ordered Pizza on the phone.

It was pretty obvious the complacency and accountability on this team had to be addressed with some kind of shakeup or spark. Not saying we should have traded Pavel or Z, but something should have been done. It wasn't.

Edited by GMRwings1983, 30 March 2012 - 09:30 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#353 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,275 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:25 PM

If there's anything I hate more than losing, it's listening to sanctimonious clap-trap about what does or does not constitute a fan, and where those who are deemed "un-fans" (to borrow from the Newspeak dictionary) can go.

Completely agree. People here are rightfully frustrated now with the way the team they love is playing.

Nobody needs to hear what constitutes a fan.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#354 Nightfall

Nightfall

• Gold Booster
  • 3,744 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:26 PM

I think we are all sick of some of these types of fans: bandwagon fans, fans with blinders on, fans of the opposite team, critical fans, etc.

Most of all, I think we are all sick of losing.

Edited by Nightfall, 30 March 2012 - 09:27 PM.

Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#355 Dave

Dave

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

"Fans" like this are who I am addressing.

I suppose you could always go root for the Canucks. They need a fan like you.

Why do you care how other fans feel? Seriously, what is with the "true fan" diatribe?

#356 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,740 posts

I think we are all sick of some of these types of fans: bandwagon fans, fans with blinders on, fans of the opposite team, critical fans, etc.

Haven't seen your brother Crymson in a while.

#357 AceInTheSleeve

AceInTheSleeve

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:27 PM

Get rid of Holland and that "jackass" behind the bench should be right behind 'em. It's pretty obvious that this team needs a complete overhaul and starting with management. What the hell is Illitch waiting for? I've been saying this all along.

Bahahahah. That really made me laugh, thank you!

Edited by AceInTheSleeve, 30 March 2012 - 09:28 PM.

#358 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:28 PM

In fact if pasha goes to practice tomorrow and notices babcock is still keeping Franzen on his line, he should turn to babcock and tell him to f*** off then leave the ice... im sure that would get the point across lmao!

No, Pasha should skate up to the bench, stare him down for 30 seconds and don't say a word to get his point across.

#359 Nightfall

Nightfall

• Gold Booster
  • 3,744 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:28 PM

Don't forget, Holland has been totally unwilling to produce any kind of shakeup to a lineup that got bounced from the second round of the playoffs two years in a row.

In 2009, we were a 5 seed, last season a 3 seed and this season likely a 5th/6th seed. Before that, the Wings were either first or second in the Conference seemingly every year for a decade. It was tremendous success that likely did spoil us, but the GM should have planned for some changes after the last two seasons. Instead, he sat on his arse during the deadline and ordered Pizza on the phone.

It was pretty obvious the complacency and accountability on this team had to be addressed with some kind of shakeup or spark. Not saying we should have traded Pavel or Z, but something should have been done. It wasn't.

For the third time in forum history, we are in complete agreement. This team does need a shakeup, because when the chips are down so far, they haven't responded. I am going to be eager to see them in the playoffs, because if there is no spark, I have a feeling that heads will roll.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#360 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,740 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:29 PM

For the third time in forum history, we are in complete agreement. This team does need a shakeup, because when the chips are down so far, they haven't responded. I am going to be eager to see them in the playoffs, because if there is no spark, I have a feeling that heads will roll.

You still haven't told me what the first time was. ;)