• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Cali-Wing-Nut

Time to start looking for a new coaching staff

Rate this topic

Fighters are losing their role in the game across the league, it's not just Detroit. Hard to justify a roster spot for a guy who doesn't bring much of anything else to the table especially when the other teams aren't carrying pure fighters either. They just need some guys that are hungry. I'd settle for a hint of chippiness at this point. I really don't give a s*** about fighting one way or the other, I just want guys who are willing to do whatever it takes to win so much so that they sometimes do something stupid.

I'd ******* kill to have Shea Weber on our side smashing some other team's star's head into the glass at the end of a game that's clearly over in your favor. I want a team that gets fined because they want it so bad that they make some stupid mistakes like that. Where's the tenacity on this team? It's absolutely non-existent.

The "hard to justify a roster spot" notion is complete bulls***. And other teams DO carry pure fighters. But I agree, as most people do, that a player that can play good minutes AND fight is the ideal situation. Somebody like a Shawn Thornton type player.

esteef

The problem is more than what everyone thinks. Lets start with Holland. Not Babcock. He has not been changing the team around at all the past couple years. The next problem is we have too many PLAYMAKERS. There are no snipers on the team. The next problem is we have a very SMALL team that IS NOT PHYSICAL. Another problem we have is really bad 3/4th line. We also need to replace guys like hudler, bert or cleary, and franzen on top 6, grab a sniper or two and get a couple big physical power fowards. Holmstrom needs to retire.

Defense will be interesting this off season depending on what happens with lids, stuart, and if anyone gets traded...

Don't look at the stats. Look at the products. Our PP has been s*** for a while. Why? Because they spend more time looking for a perfect opportunity that never arises than firing on an ok opportunity.

How many pp's have we seen with zero shots on net? Really? At times the other team seems to have giants on the ice covering more space then a normal human should. Which ever coach is designing our power plays better start fixing things and fast.

Don't look at the stats. Look at the products. Our PP has been s*** for a while. Why? Because they spend more time looking for a perfect opportunity that never arises than firing on an ok opportunity.

I guess we see it differently. Other than quite a few blocks, I've been pretty happy with the puck movement and shot selection on the powerplay. What you didn't mention is how important it is to get traffic and crash the net on the powerplay......two things this team doesn't do well and that again all goes back to the fact that this is perimeter team.......kinda like that old guard in the NBA who doesn't want to drive the lane anymore.....he just wants to shoot jumpers.