• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 rbkhockey43

rbkhockey43

Rookie

• Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:54 PM

Nice, maybe something like this for the C and A?

Posted Image

If your going to do the english d on the shoulder is shoulder probably use the vintage color imo

And here's a shoulder logo from a thread on sportslogos.net

http://boards.sports...nter+%2Bclassic

Posted Image

Edited by rbkhockey43, 02 May 2012 - 03:58 PM.

Posted Image

#42 lookalive07

lookalive07

--19--

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:40 PM

Yeah, just imagine they are the same color...the angle of my computer screen made them look the same as the rest of the off-whites.

Posted Image

#43 lookalive07

lookalive07

--19--

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:57 PM

UPDATE:

After filling out an email form briefly detailing that I had an idea for the design (not sending any pictures or anything), I got a reply from the VP of Marketing Rob Mattina:

Dear Brandon,

We appreciate your interest in providing creative concepts for the Winter Classic Jersey design. Unfortunately due to NHL policy, we are prohibited from accepting your concepts. Long winded explanation but I hope you understand. In addition, the jersey creative concepts are almost fully complete and even if we could accept, there is no way to turn back at this time.
Again, we appreciate your interest and thank you for submitting your request.

Sincerely,

Rob

So, that ends that. I was halfway tempted to send him what I had anyway just so he could take a look, but I doubt anything would really come of it in the long run anyway. So, I'll just leave it as a hobby.

However, he did say they were almost complete with the designs, so maybe we'll see something similar to what I, or some of the other LGW members have designed in the recent past. Should be interesting to find out!

Posted Image

#44 centcougar07

centcougar07

Rookie

• Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:52 PM

Since LGW is likely to be pretty slow until the end of June, I figured I'd throw together a little idea I had for what I thought our WC jerseys could look like.

A couple pieces of history here and there (inverted logo, Detroit Cougars "D" on the shoulder), as well as a little deeper red trim for a vintage-ish look.

Posted Image

Anyway, let me know what you think. I have the PSD file, so I can edit it as much as I want, so suggestions are welcome and I'd be willing to attempt any other mock-ups anyone might like to see (within my abilities).

Where and how did you design these?

#45 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,698 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:57 AM

UPDATE:

After filling out an email form briefly detailing that I had an idea for the design (not sending any pictures or anything), I got a reply from the VP of Marketing Rob Mattina:

So, that ends that. I was halfway tempted to send him what I had anyway just so he could take a look, but I doubt anything would really come of it in the long run anyway. So, I'll just leave it as a hobby.

However, he did say they were almost complete with the designs, so maybe we'll see something similar to what I, or some of the other LGW members have designed in the recent past. Should be interesting to find out!

Good for you for following through on this. And thanks for sharing your ideas.

Money on the board:  Current total: 0

$1 for a goal by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster.  An additional $5 for a series-clinching goal scored by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster. $5 if the other team fails to score against a current Wing goalie after whom I have named a hamster.

Hamsters I have had:  (current Wings highlighted)

Henrik Pavel Tomas Nicklas Dominik

Niklas Matthew Daniel Robert

Johan Andreas Valtteri Jonathan

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

Jordin Damien Gustav James

#46 Cali-Wing-Nut

Cali-Wing-Nut

Guppie Hunter

• PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:12 PM

You tried and thats a whole lot more than most people do, so count yourself a success for giving it a shot.

Ive been poking around and it looks like the general idea of the last design is being drawn all over the place giving me the thought that if you did it and others designed something like it, its probably what the Wings are doing as well.

Till then we shall have to wait and speculate.
I'M WRECKING SHOP!!!

#47 lookalive07

lookalive07

--19--

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:43 PM

Where and how did you design these?

All I did was google a jersey template and then manipulate the colors and whatnot in Photoshop. I downloaded a NHL fonts package and all the numbers/letters match those used on the jerseys. Then a little copy/paste of some logos and voila!

Posted Image

#48 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,410 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:47 PM

You're fortunate that you copyrighted it. If not, some intern over at the League would have poached it and claimed that they did it.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#49 lookalive07

lookalive07

--19--

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:42 PM

Yeah, it wouldn't really stop anyone from making a simple change, removing the copyright and then claiming it as their own. However, since I only made these a few days ago, and from the sound of the email I got, the actual designs have been in the works for a while, so I doubt it would have really mattered.

Plus, if someone did make it public they used my design without my permission, I have the original photoshop .psd files, which I never distributed, so I could definitely make a claim that they were my original works.

Either way, I'm just excited to see what they're going to end up going with and if I got anywhere close to it. Unfortunately, judging by last year's reveal, that didn't happen until November if I recall correctly, so we've got a while. :(

Posted Image