• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
PunkChildP

NHLPA charity game ( WFCU center, Windsor, Ontario)

Rate this topic

Looks like a bunch of red wings players will be going.

The WFCU Centre is happy to announce the NHLPA Charity Hockey Game at the WFCU Centre on Saturday December 8th, to benefit several local charities. Local charity sponsorships will be announced in the coming week.

The tournament is spearheaded by Steve Ott, Dan Cleary and Shawn Horcoff and players scheduled to play include:

Todd Bertuzzi

Justin Abdelkader

Jimmy Howard

Johan Franzen

Niklas Kronwall

Jonathan Ericsson

Ian White

Cory Emmerton

Darren Helm

Jonas Gustavsson

Ryan Wilson

Eric Belanger

Jeff Petry

Jamal Mayers

James Neal

Keith Yandle

Brenden Morrow

Sergei Samsonov

Thomas Vanek *just announced*

Matt Martin *Just announced*

Additional players to be announced at a later date. Roster subject to change.

The game will be standard hockey play with three twenty minute stop play periods. Please note game subject to cancellation if NHL and NHLPA reach an agreement with players prior to Thursday December 6th, 2012 at 5:00pm EST.

Here a link

http://www.wfcu-centre.com/12082012.html

Great time... nice to see the players having fun and laughing out there. I sat center ice front row so I had a really good view of the boys... and I couldn;t help but notice Kronners has gotten a little bit bigger which can only mean better hits!

Before that, I also went to try the new bauer hockey skates, sticks and what not which was pretty awesome! There were very few people there surprisingly so we got to stay on the ice for about an hour just shooting around, skating around, trying different sticks... and Justin Abdelkator was even out there skating with us! It was just a blast of a day yesterday!

It was a great to see the boys out. Great game!

Now we just need this damn lockout to end so we can watch them play some meaningful games!

Heard they might be doing another one of these in Toronto.

Actually got a call today from one of the Event planners. I won a Game Used Michael Leighton Jersey but I wasnt in my seat when they came around......kinda cool. Wish it was one of the 9 wings that were there...but it will do!

I sooooo want this lockout to end! Being front row, on the glass....ahhhh, what can I say, I MISS HOCKEY!!!