• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
GoWings1905

Weekend Picks

Rate this topic

Weekend Picks: Lockout or Game On?  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With hockey likely to begin next week, I wanted to gauge the potential participation level doing the contest in a shortened year. I am willing to set up a group again through the website we used last season or I can just create a thread each week on LGW to track the scoring.

Any regulars feel free to chime in with your opinions. Or if you are interested in playing for the first time, everyone is welcome to join. Thanks guys!

Thanks for the feedback! I definitely wanted to play as well, but wasn't sure what the interest would be like for a short season.

I think we will go with the pool tracker again, as it seemed to run pretty well. I know there were a few scoring glitches that required some attention, so I will keep a running tally of my own along with the site each week to ensure everything is accurate.

If you have an account with pool tracker already, I think all you should have to do is log back in and submit your picks for this weekend. If you forgot your password like me, they will send you an e-mail right away with your account information. I imported all of the participants from last year into this one. If you would like to play for the first time, follow the link posted below and register using an e-mail address. However, please use your LGW name for the screen name portion to prevent confusion. Any questions or issues, feel free to let me know and I will do my best to help out.

Thanks and good luck! http://www.pooltracker.com/join.asp?poolid=74828

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Namingway" data-cid="2341440" data-time="1358565489"><p>Just bumping, as a reminder. I almost forgot to make my picks until remembering about this just a moment ago :P</p></blockquote>

<br />

Thank you! I meant to do that on Friday sometime once this slipped off the first page.<br />

<br />

A few things I didn't mention earlier as well: You can make picks up to the point of the start for each respective game. Also, I decided to only drop one week of the lowest scores instead of two. There's only 15 weekends in the season, so I figured to count as many as possible over that time. If you all prefer two weeks dropped instead, I will gladly change it back.<br />

<br />

EDIT: Thanks to the mod responsible for the pinned thread now.

Edited by GoWings1905

Thank you! I meant to do that on Friday sometime once this slipped off the first page.

A few things I didn't mention earlier as well: You can make picks up to the point of the start for each respective game. Also, I decided to only drop one week of the lowest scores instead of two. There's only 15 weekends in the season, so I figured to count as many as possible over that time. If you all prefer two weeks dropped instead, I will gladly change it back.

EDIT: Thanks to the mod responsible for the pinned thread now as well.

No problem! I always looked forward to playing these even though I missed a couple weeks here and there. It gives me a good reason to check out the other games going on during the weekend :)

I think it's fair to have it as only one week dropped, considering we're basically only getting a little more than half a season!

Damnit, I woke up late and rushed to the computer to add my picks. Stupid password recovery took me like 5 minutes and made me miss the first three games and they havent even started yet

Bumped as a reminder for this weekend.

The results are available on Pool Tracker if anyone is unaware. I will start posting them here as well once we get a little further along and have the lowest week score to factor in.

Damn it, edicius has that taken care of already. :P