• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Richdg

Not sure where to put this, but 2013 Draft....

Rate this topic

Come June we get another chance to reload. Yes! I still beleive we will pick between 12 and 18. This is a loaded draft. most experts are talking 90-100 quality players deep. Deepest draft since 2003 and best for the next 3 years. This is the year to load up on picks.

Now there are a million mock drafts out there, but here is one that has the prefect pick for us:

http://www.jacketscannon.com/2013/2/20/4011564/2013-nhl-mock-draft-1-columbus-blue-jackets-mackinnon-jones-drouin-barkov

Yes it is just a writer for the Blue jackets. But for us to get Nickushkin..... I drool at the thought. Putting a 6-3/200 fast power forward with datsyuk and Z...... YES!!!!! A thousand tuimes yes!!!!!!!!!!!!

This draft has a very strong top 4 or 5 picks, but the talent drops off pretty quickly and isn't as deep as it was expected to be.

link

Nichushkin would be great but in reality the Wings will not be picking at #13 and its highly unlikely he's around at that pick anyways.

This draft has a very strong top 4 or 5 picks, but the talent drops off pretty quickly and isn't as deep as it was expected to be.

link

Nichushkin would be great but in reality the Wings will not be picking at #13 and its highly unlikely he's around at that pick anyways.

You never know with russian players. they do tend to drop. As for the draft strength, it again depends on which source you use. ISS, CS, TSN and many others talk about ti being great. Of course you never truely know untill 3+ years after the draft.

Thats true, a lot of teams are hesitant to pick russian's because of the KHL but Nichushkin is a pretty special talent and I'd be surprised if he fell to 18-25 range where I expect the Wings to be picking. It would be awesome if he did though.

I also agree that we won't know until a couple years after the draft, maybe even 5, but I don't think we need to stockpile picks, our 7 should be enough.

Thats true, a lot of teams are hesitant to pick russian's because of the KHL but Nichushkin is a pretty special talent and I'd be surprised if he fell to 18-25 range where I expect the Wings to be picking. It would be awesome if he did though.

I also agree that we won't know until a couple years after the draft, maybe even 5, but I don't think we need to stockpile picks, our 7 should be enough.

I don't think we will be picking that low. I keep thinking we will be 15th. Smack dab in the middle. But Nichushkin could be there with a little luck. Get him in the 1st and Zhakorov in the 2nd, put them with datsyuk and we have our new 2 kids and a goat line......

Even if we got those 2 they wouldn't be in our line-up for at least a year more likely 2 or 3 years down the road.

If the season were to end today we'd be picking 20th (barring a playoff run) Once the team gets healthy I expect them to move up a couple spots, and I think some of the teams ahead of us are playing above their heads as well.

15th would mean being the worst team of all the playoff teams in the league, and that seems unlikely to me.

Mantha is currently moving up draft boards per a couple sites. I know the yotes seem to like him per their website. Hopefully big Fred or Zykov will still be available if he is gone... Lefty- Pulock seems to be dropping he may be there. Is he still your pick over the three forwards mentioned?