4 replies to this topic

#1 DetroitRedWings1993

DetroitRedWings1993

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:14 PM

Pittsburgh's loading up, it seems.

They just traded for Douglas Murray for two second-round picks.

A steep price for a 5-6 stay-at-home D-man who's a UFA at the end of the year.

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring is rated PG-13 for epic battle sequences.

#2 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:07 AM

They are pushing for a cup. My thought is they may be signing people so they can really make a push for iginla

#3 DetroitRedWings1993

DetroitRedWings1993

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:33 AM

They are pushing for a cup. My thought is they may be signing people so they can really make a push for iginla

Iginla would have to agree to a reduced role and probably a pay cut next year. I see a better fit with the B's or in LA.

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring is rated PG-13 for epic battle sequences.

#4 DSM

DSM

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:27 PM

Iginla would have to agree to a reduced role and probably a pay cut next year. I see a better fit with the B's or in LA.

This whole "list" thing with Iginla is confusing me. I read somewhere that he DOESN'T want to be a rental, which I guess translates to him wanting to go to a team that can re-sign him. However, most if not all of the teams on his list will have to make a serious roster shake up to re-sign him. ESPECIALLY Boston, a team that has $7.5million in cap space for next season to re-sign Rask and add 4/5 skaters and a back-up goalie...

Edited by DSM, 26 March 2013 - 12:28 PM.

#5 DetroitRedWings1993

DetroitRedWings1993

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:38 PM

This whole "list" thing with Iginla is confusing me. I read somewhere that he DOESN'T want to be a rental, which I guess translates to him wanting to go to a team that can re-sign him. However, most if not all of the teams on his list will have to make a serious roster shake up to re-sign him. ESPECIALLY Boston, a team that has $7.5million in cap space for next season to re-sign Rask and add 4/5 skaters and a back-up goalie...

The B's have Horton coming off the books and they will probably look to deal Peverley. Iginla won't get the 7 mil he's making now. I can see him making 3.5-4 on what should be his last NHL contract.