• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
JPT

Fear of the East?

Rate this topic

Whilst I do agree that our top-six is undersized, by contrast our D-corps is the biggest I can remember us having.

Our smallest D-man is Kronwall at 6-0, 190 and he's one of the most feared hitters in the league

Ericsson:6-4, 221

Colo: 6-1, 200

Dekeyser: 6-3, 190 (he'll bulk up though)

Kindl: 6-3, 216

Lashoff: 6-3, 212

Quincey: 6-2, 207

Smith: 6-2, 198

I think the fact that we have so many small, skilled forwards on the roster and in the pipeline, gives us the flexibilty to make a trade for 1 or 2 bigger forwards.

I just don't buy into the East thing. Montreal is one of the smallest team's yet they are sitting on top of the division. The only big teams to be concerned about are Boston and Philly, Toronto is not a threat at all.

Montreal isn't quite so easy to push around this year. Sure, they've got some small finesse players like David Desharnais (5'7"), Brendan Gallagher (5'9"), Brian Gionta (5'7"), and Gabriel Dumont (5'9"). However, they've got sandpaper in their bottom 6 with Brandon Prust, Travis Moen, and Ryan White. They're not pushovers.

Montreal isn't quite so easy to push around this year. Sure, they've got some small finesse players like David Desharnais (5'7"), Brendan Gallagher (5'9"), Brian Gionta (5'7"), and Gabriel Dumont (5'9"). However, they've got sandpaper in their bottom 6 with Brandon Prust, Travis Moen, and Ryan White. They're not pushovers.

Except for Prust nobody on this team can fight well, you need at least 1 top 10 enforcer if you want some protection for your stars and young-guns.