• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest blueadams

Impressed with our young core..

Rate this topic

Guest The Axe

That's so not true. Noone KNEW Pavel would be a star.

Pav and Zetterberg came to North America at an older age than Nyquist and Datsyuk, in fact Pav was older as a rookie than Nyquist and Tatar are now.

It is doubtful that they will ever be as good as Pav and Z but the same could be said for most top 5 picks in the draft. Pav is arguably the best player in the world.

You didn't read Brett Hull's quotes. Read them.

Nyquist and Tatar, while good, are probably closer to "the next Hudler and Filppula" than "the next Zetterberg and Datsyuk". I do think they'll be better than Hudler and Filppula, but it's still the more appropriate comparison (as far as quality of talent, not necessarily playing style).

That's just my impression, hopefully I'm wrong and they become superstars.

I don't mean this as an insult to them by any means - those are valuable players. Just not superstars.

Edited by Zetts

That's so not true. Noone KNEW Pavel would be a star.

Pav and Zetterberg came to North America at an older age than Nyquist and Datsyuk, in fact Pav was older as a rookie than Nyquist and Tatar are now.

It is doubtful that they will ever be as good as Pav and Z but the same could be said for most top 5 picks in the draft. Pav is arguably the best player in the world.

Pavel was 23 when he came to Detroit....Nyquist is 23. Zetterberg was 22 when he came to Detroit...Tatar is 22.

Noone knew Pavel was going to be a star like no everyone knew Crosby would be. But after his first season and the magic he made on the ice, the gig was up...Star....

Pavel at 23 > Nyquist at 23....Zetterberg at 22 > Tatar at 22....

Edited by LeftWinger

Pavel was 23 when he came to Detroit....Nyquist is 23. Zetterberg was 22 when he came to Detroit...Tatar is 22.

Noone knew Pavel was going to be a star like no everyone knew Crosby would be. But after his first season and the magic he made on the ice, the gig was up...Star....

Pavel at 23 > Nyquist at 23....Zetterberg at 22 > Tatar at 22....

Tatar got in a fight yesterday. It wasn't much of one but I won't be pushed around either.

Our core players now are great compliments to the players that were the core back then (Yze, Feds, Shanny, Lidstrom etc.) The players we have up and coming aren't great compliments to the core we have now. (Our core is the problem) What we need now is either immediate compliments to to core, or hope for speedy development and "effective" veterans available at free agency time. We have a lot of young guys in the system and I feel like if they keep progressing at a rapid rate, a new core is not too far away.