• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FlashyG

WCSF Game 6 GDT- Blackhawks 4 @ Red Wings 3, - (Series tied 3-3)

Rate this topic

Haven't read through the entire thread, mostly because I don't want to experience the frustration of watching the game live last night all over again.

* The officiating was a joke. I don't want to go all Johnny Toews whiner here, but this is what fans of the NHL mean when they say refs far too often play a major role in the outcome of games. No hand pass on the Bickell goal? Obviously the penalty shot call was the back-breaker. The lack of consistency is what infuriates me the most. They get Kindl for interference very early and then the Blackhawks turn around and obstruct players coming into the zone all night with no penalties. I would prefer they let them play this time of year, but if you are going to blow the whistle, do it both ways.

* Where are the Wings best players offensively? It isn't enough they are just negating Chicago's skill players for large chunks of the series. Franzen and Filppula are complete non-factors still. Meanwhile, Hossa was IMO the best player on the ice in Game 6. Franzen's act of being a playoff performer is over. He hasn't showed up there either now for years. Filppula shouldn't get re-signed no matter what the price is. There are better alternatives that will fit the Red Wings needs more this summer.

* Drew Miller and Patrick Eaves are perfect role players.

* The Wings PP is atrocious. Babs needs to go back to Pavel and Z together.

* The Red Wings need three periods like the second period they played in Game 6. They can win Game 7, but it's going to be extremely challenging at this point. Everything is completely in the Blackhawks favor now.

Refs were completely trash, heard it all day today and still beyond livid from them. Yeah f*** you refs, and worse part about it, I thought the refs were doing a good job until this game. Now, there is some reason that I think the Red Wings will come out and play great hockey and pull this off either 4-2 or 3-2.

Edited by HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Look at the bright side, we are 2-0 in elimination games this year and 1-0 in game sevens.

they are 6-0 in "must win" games if you count the last 4 games of the regular season. If we lost one of those, we would not have even made the playoffs.

I think this will either be a really close game, or a blowout wings win. We have exploited Crawford a few times this series and he's given up some pretty bad goals. If we can solve him early (which I don't think we've done all series), we can open him up. That wont happen to Howard, which is why I think if we lose it will be a close game

For sure.

I wish the sequence of wins was different in this series. Then if we lost game 7, we could still save face and not feel like we choked. Instead, if we lose tomorrow, it's a choke of sorts.

At this point, either team that loses tomorrow will be considered chokers.

I was thinking about this earlier today and agree with it.

It's interesting how for some (or most, idk) fans they didn't have much of an expectation for this team in the playoffs, then when they start buying in and the team drops a couple, it becomes an embarrassing choke job.

That's not a knock on anyone if it came out that way. It's an understandable viewpoint for any team really that's up 3-0 or 3-1 in a series and I agree with it-- if they lose tomorrow, it's just embarrassing imo. It would've been easier to handle if the sequence was different even though the 3-3 outcome is the same. I just find it interesting how it's like this.

It's interesting how for some (or most, idk) fans they didn't have much of an expectation for this team in the playoffs, then when they start buying in and the team drops a couple, it becomes an embarrassing choke job.

That's not a knock on anyone if it came out that way. It's an understandable viewpoint for any team really that's up 3-0 or 3-1 in a series and I agree with it-- if they lose tomorrow, it's just embarrassing imo. It would've been easier to handle if the sequence was different even though the 3-3 outcome is the same. I just find it interesting how it's like this.

On the bright side, it still wouldn't be as big a chokejob as the 1942 Wings. ;)

On the bright side, it still wouldn't be as big a chokejob as the 1942 Wings. ;)

Sadfully for us it is easily up there with it :(

Edited by frankgrimes