Photo
- - - - -

WCSF Game 6 GDT- Blackhawks 4 @ Red Wings 3, - (Series tied 3-3)

• Please log in to reply
1258 replies to this topic

#1041 R-Dizzle

R-Dizzle

Just warming up

• Gold Booster
  • 623 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:50 PM

Can't wait to hear all about this game from my Sergeant on the flightline tomorrow. Yay.. not

Posted Image

#1042 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

I love the fact that that garbage penalty shot was the winning goal.  Unbelievable.  :glare:

#1043 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Young team on defense. Yes, it matters. I agree that the top six has been abysmal. Cleary and Filppula are to blame for this. The lines need juggling.

Gotta get Gus and Brunner more ice time..they are young, they look fresh and they can create. Give that whole line more ice time in general .

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#1044 Icteria virens

Icteria virens

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 463 posts

Don't blame the refs, Detroit played like utter garbage. Couldn't even cross the damn red line without turning it over.

Win or lose Wednesday, I'm still extremely excited for next years team!!

WTF are you talking about , the refs are the reason this isn't into overtime. How in the f$#@# did he deny him a reasonable goal scoring opportunity? HOW?

#1045 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Zero momentum for the Wings going back to Chicago.

Already a successful season but that 3-1 series lead was such an annoying tease.

#1046 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,040 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:51 PM

Can Flip fly back to Finland instead of Chicago? No player has been worse for us this year, absolutely abysmal.

#NOMOREKINDL

#1047 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

I will take a cold white over smith, sad to say that. He is directly costing the wings games. He does not look to be learning, and is making the same mistakes. You just don't lose your man like that playing man to man!

#1048 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,276 posts

This is why going up 3-1 WAS such a big deal. It's very difficult to win 3 games in a row in any playoff series. If Chicago manages to do it then good for them, but this gives Babcock one more chance to get things right and the players to make some changes. Game 7 could go either way.

#1049 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:52 PM

Zero momentum for the Wings going back to Chicago.

Already a successful season but that 3-1 series lead was such an annoying tease.

3-1 leads make a team able to lose two more games and still win the series. The Wings won three in a row. Now the Blackhawks have won two in a row. I don't see how this is in any way an earth-shattering concept.

#1050 CaliforniaWingsFan

CaliforniaWingsFan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Howard's 20 goals allowed in the 3rd period is so clutch.

#1051 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,726 posts

What's the alternative? An ice cold white?

An ice cold beer would be better than Smith.  

Or give my boy Jason Woolley a call.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#1052 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts

I want to be positive, but I don't think we're winning game 7 in their building at this point. We're capable, sure, and I'd love to see it, but I wouldn't put my money on it. I've been saying it since we won game 4, I'm fine with losing 5, but we need to close it in 6 if we're going to win. Chicago is too good of a team to let them back into it and then have to head back to their building for a game 7. They really needed to get this done tonight, and they were in position to do so and they got sloppy.

It's a shame, and you can talk all you want about the bulls*** penalty shot, the refs, but we couldn't win a face off and we were way too sloppy, way too often. We weren't good enough. Not even close.
-Elliot...does not panic.

#1053 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,726 posts

Average numbers for sure.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#1054 Rhah

Rhah

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Milbury and Jones both claim penalty shot was a good call.

/sigh NBC

#1055 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:53 PM

Zero of them were his fault in this series.

#1056 hankzet40

hankzet40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

I'm thinking Shaw, Bolland and Bickell score two each. And Crawford has a 76 save shutout Wednesday.

#1057 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

when all is said and done and i calm down, I'll go back what what i've said all post season.  The idea they got to the 2nd round and got to 3-1 on chicago is amazing.  I didn't expect them to win 1 game against chi.  The future looks bright, but man the defense needs some coaching.  Way too many turnovers and howard bailed us out of most of them.

Too many I got it you take it situations, too many passes around in the zone and turning it over, etc. 

With all that said, I'm so sick of complaing about the refs, it really makes me not want to watch the NHL anymore, and I'm losing my desire year after year as it just gets worse.  I thought the refs were good earlier in the series for the msot part.  Let most stuff go both ways and let the teams play, would get involved shortly here in there but otherwise stay out of it.  Tonight that younger ref called most of the stuff I thought.  I think he called the penalty shot

U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#1058 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

I'm thinking Shaw, Bolland and Bickell score two each. And Crawford has a 76 save shutout Wednesday.

Make it 100.

#1059 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

hockey was so much better back in the day. 

i cant stand this league anymore, theyve destroyed it.

players diving, crying to the ref, embellishing, crying to the media, just to get the upper hand. its cheap and disgusting. 

then you got refs listening to them, calling games one ways. making wrong calls, calling clean hits dirty.

i dont think i will be watching too much longer its just not worth the aggravation. once in awhile but i think its just going to get worse.

i miss the good old days where players decided the game. where players were men not boys

#1060 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,337 posts

On the PS call, that's at least the 4th time this series I've seen a stick on stick play called as a hook or a slash. It's getting ridiculous. You're allowed to knock a guys stick without getting a slash called.