• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TheDetroitRedWings

Canucks place Keith Ballard on waivers

Rate this topic

Buyout?

i read somewhere that it was "regular waivers" (i forget the technical term) as in not for a buyout.. looking for a link now

VAN's Keith Ballard is on conventional waivers. Not $100 unconditional waivers, which is necessary for buyout purposes.

edit: found the link. bob via the tweeter machine.

Edited by amato

Anyone in Vancouver knew that Ballard wouldn't be back.

I'm a little surprised that he wasn't traded or bought out though given vancouvers cap issues. I would imagine one of those is the end goal.

Anyone in Vancouver knew that Ballard wouldn't be back.

I'm a little surprised that he wasn't traded or bought out though given vancouvers cap issues. I would imagine one of those is the end goal.

I think the reason he wasn't traded is that every GM in the league must have known they had to buy him out otherwise.

Perhaps, but then trade him for like a 6th round pick or something to someone that needs help reaching the floor. I'm not saying be picky about it in the least.

If anything this just goes to show you how important it is to do shorter term contracts if there is any doubt at all about the player.

I think the reason he wasn't traded is that every GM in the league must have known they had to buy him out otherwise.

If he gets claimed on waivers, does his cap hit stick with the canucks? or go away because hes on a different team? maybe this is why they put him on waivers? thinking he'll get claimed.