• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#41 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:13 AM

He's not. And even if he was, that isnt saying much.

Franzen, Z, Fredo, Weiss, Pavs, and Abs are the top 6 guys now. Bert is out.

Based on what? Abs had very little "top6 level" impact in his top 6 role. He was there to be a Holmstrom cause all the other big bodies were injuried. If you think Abs is a top 6 power forward you are high my friend. Tuzzi may be old but he's the better option over Abby, if either of them are even considered.

I'm assuming if you had your way Zetterberg - "Emdog" - Abby would be your top line lol

#42 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:30 PM

Based on what? Abs had very little "top6 level" impact in his top 6 role. He was there to be a Holmstrom cause all the other big bodies were injuried. If you think Abs is a top 6 power forward you are high my friend. Tuzzi may be old but he's the better option over Abby, if either of them are even considered.

I'm assuming if you had your way Zetterberg - "Emdog" - Abby would be your top line lol

Abs led our team in even strength goals. Give him PP minutes, and he leads in goals, period.

If I hady way:

Helm-Dats-Abby
Fredo-Franzen-Zetterberg
Nyquist-Weiss-Tatar
Miller-Emdog-Ericsson

Kronwall-Dekeyser
Quincey-Smith
Kindl-Lashoff

Howard
Gustavsson

#43 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:50 PM

Abs led our team in even strength goals. Give him PP minutes, and he leads in goals, period.

If I hady way:

Helm-Dats-Abby
Fredo-Franzen-Zetterberg
Nyquist-Weiss-Tatar
Miller-Emdog-Ericsson

Kronwall-Dekeyser
Quincey-Smith
Kindl-Lashoff

Howard
Gustavsson

You'd take a dman and put him as forward on a team with a dearth of d and a plethora of forwards?

Put down the crack pipe, my friend, and step away from the computer.  Now pretend not to notice that I've pocketed it.  (j/k, btw)

I'm not sold yet on Lashoff as a full timer.  I think he'll do well, but I don't want to have to rely on him as a regular.  I'd rather see him work in now and again at number 6 so they can see where he needs work and address it.

I know Jonny was a forward once, but I wouldn't put him there when we have Eaves that could play (or Tootoo, Bert, or Sammy*).

*subject to change without notice.

Edited by 55fan, 04 August 2013 - 02:50 PM.

#44 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:29 PM

If I hady way:
Helm-Dats-Abby
Fredo-Franzen-Zetterberg
Nyquist-Weiss-Tatar
Miller-Emdog-Ericsson
Kronwall-Dekeyser
Quincey-Smith
Kindl-Lashoff
Howard
Gustavsson

That's one of the dumbest lineups I've ever seen. You're making the best forward a checking line center and the vet defensive dman a checking line wing.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#45 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:12 PM

I really like the idea of dressing 7 defensemen and using one up front. Ericsson, Kronwall, Kindl, and Smith could all play wing.

#46 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:05 AM

I really like the idea of dressing 7 defensemen and using one up front. Ericsson, Kronwall, Kindl, and Smith could all play wing.

1) It's not really that easy.
2) that takes one of the better d men off defense.
3) if it was such a great idea it would be done regularly

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#47 Spongewingredpants

Spongewingredpants

Pragmatic Optimist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:19 AM

according to cap geek, the salary cap is 64 million and the Wings sit at 66 million......and they havent signed their RFA's.....

they better shed and it could get ugly

Edited by Spongewingredpants, 05 August 2013 - 07:19 AM.

My wish: A healthy roster

#48 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,512 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:45 AM

He has no experience at the pro game yet, and prospects have been ruined when rushed into the NHL.

They've also been ruined when left in the ahl too long, but that never stopped the wings before. We took a chance with Stevie and a few others and it worked out well for us. Why not mantha if he can put 15-20 pounds on

#49 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:18 PM

They've also been ruined when left in the ahl too long, but that never stopped the wings before. We took a chance with Stevie and a few others and it worked out well for us. Why not mantha if he can put 15-20 pounds on

I agree. I cant stand it when people factor in Bertuzzi/Sammy into our line ups. They are not helping. Play the kids and get them battle tested as soon as possible.

#50 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:15 AM

Jonathan Cheechoo to the KHL.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#51 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:28 PM

Nikolai Antropov to the KHL.

A lot of players are bolting.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#52 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 11:53 PM

That'll happen when you have one of the worst leagues

#53 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:31 AM

Mostly lower tier Russians or border line guys anyway.

#54 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:55 AM

You'd take a dman and put him as forward on a team with a dearth of d and a plethora of forwards?

Put down the crack pipe, my friend, and step away from the computer.  Now pretend not to notice that I've pocketed it.  (j/k, btw)

I'm not sold yet on Lashoff as a full timer.  I think he'll do well, but I don't want to have to rely on him as a regular.  I'd rather see him work in now and again at number 6 so they can see where he needs work and address it.

I know Jonny was a forward once, but I wouldn't put him there when we have Eaves that could play (or Tootoo, Bert, or Sammy*).

*subject to change without notice.

To add to your point, why would we have our BEST shutdown Dman as a 4th line winger??  Some of the lines are intriguing, but the 4th line is just absurd with Ericsson on it where he now truly belongs on a line with Kronwall. 

Good riddance.  He is a lazy floating sack of crap.  The Jets will surely be better without him.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#55 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,572 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:44 AM

Not buying out Bertuzzi and waiting too long with Samuelson was for sure a mistake but it happened and their is nothing the Wings can do about it now. Let's just hope the Alfredsson signing doesn't bite them in the ...Philly is really impressive they from caphell to caphell, Holmer better is hoping for a huge cap increase otherwise their offseason accompt nothing

We can debate not buying out Bertuzzi, but Sammy was outside of Holland's control. Sammy screwed the team by declaring an injury that probably doesn't exist, and you apparently weren't allowed to buy out an injured player.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#56 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:32 AM

Not buying out Bertuzzi and waiting too long with Samuelson was for sure a mistake but it happened and their is nothing the Wings can do about it now. Let's just hope the Alfredsson signing doesn't bite them in the ...Philly is really impressive they from caphell to caphell, Holmer better is hoping for a huge cap increase otherwise their offseason accompt nothing

We can debate not buying out Bertuzzi, but Sammy was outside of Holland's control. Sammy screwed the team by declaring an injury that probably doesn't exist, and you apparently weren't allowed to buy out an injured player.

He has a torn pectoral muscle. Fact.

#57 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:50 AM

He has a torn pectoral muscle. Fact.

Sammy could still take the 2 mil and retire on good terms with the Wings.

#58 barabbas16

barabbas16

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:20 AM

Ok, but the number of 'Stevie and a few others' is vastly outweighed by the number for which it didn;t work out and for which it was a mistake.  I'm not saying you're wrong.  You might be right.... we're most likely not going to find out one way or the other.  But, odds are... you are wrong.

Plus, seriously.... how many times does anyone have to bring up the fact that we have too many forwards on this team?  There isn't a spot for him right now.

#59 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,512 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 11:56 AM

Ok, but the number of 'Stevie and a few others' is vastly outweighed by the number for which it didn;t work out and for which it was a mistake.  I'm not saying you're wrong.  You might be right.... we're most likely not going to find out one way or the other.  But, odds are... you are wrong.

Plus, seriously.... how many times does anyone have to bring up the fact that we have too many forwards on this team?  There isn't a spot for him right now.

Ya we have too many forwards, but if the situation arises where we trade several guys and have an opening on wing I'd like to see what mantha can bring

#60 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:25 PM

Ya we have too many forwards, but if the situation arises where we trade several guys and have an opening on wing I'd like to see what mantha can bring

It wouldnt hurt to give him 5-10 games on the big club over the next 2 years until he matures.