28 replies to this topic

#21 bakerbert

bakerbert

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:26 AM

Funny. 

Sounds like a lot of the fan base in the east, is a little worried about the wings joining "there" conference..and I Love that!!!

People from other teams need to Just leave the city of Detroit alone.....it is to easy of a target (especially as of late).

Find a better way to make fun of our teams, then the go to; Detroit sucks and is like a demilitarized zone.....this seams like a lazy and an easy out. Stop it and get creative.    

That said...she has a point about the Joe 

Go Wings.....take the east by storm. 

"Holmstrom gets more attention around the net than a pretty girl around closing time!"
- Mickey Redmond

#22 Rhah

Rhah

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:18 AM

I don't mind the hate pieces shtick, but this one actually wasn't very well written or funny in my opinion.

#23 Wings3:16

Wings3:16

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:51 AM

What hurts most is that she used a Billy Madison quote :(

Wings in 2013...Bring the Cup back to Hockeytown!

#24 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:24 PM

Douchenozzles like Todd Bertuzzi andnoted...whatever this is like Pavel Datsyuk

Right, because Datsyuk's religious beliefs make him a "douchenozzle". Pathetic, digging and digging for reasons to mock one of the most well run franchises in sports.  A whole part dedicated to how "awful" kronwalling is, maybe their fans don't realize hitting is part of hockey, and if players can't be bothered to keep their head up while kronwall is on the ice, they deserve to get hit into oblivion. Also failed to mention Zetterberg and Datsyuk (skill and competitiveness wise) while saying Jimmy and Goose are our only saving grace, and then their "fans" have the audacity to comment on the article talking about how the perfect human was over-rated. What a terrible "writer" and fan base. I actually lost a lot of respect for Bostons fanbase, I liked Boston, and didn't mind the fans, till this little piece of garbage article. I guess they are still mad we whooped their arses 8-2, and apparently they are quite upset that we filled their arena too, Welcome to Detroit Boston Booins (or Boo-urns)

And then ragging on a city that's going through hell and back right now.....that spells class.  Horrible article.  I like the Bruins quite a bit as a team, but apparently their fans are the ones who are douchenozzles.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#25 luvmnger

luvmnger

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:41 PM

all i got out of that was...."we are scared to death that now we have finally reached the top of the east...the wings are going to knock us down a few notches"

"thanks west for sending your best"

detroit chicago stanley cup....now no one in the east gets the "token" invite.

Dino Ciccarelli will always be #1

#26 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:44 PM

It isn't like this was written by a well respected hockey writer.  This was a blogger, who also wrote similar articles about 29 other teams.  I suppose that means the Bruins are afraid of every other team as well. 

Unfortunately, much of what was said was true.  The city of Detroit is a total embarrassment.  Detroit's wounds are self inflicted, they aren't down and out due to some unforeseen circumstances.  The suburbanites are the first to bash the city and then the first to be offended when an out of towner does it.  If Kronwall played for the Hawks or the Leafs, everyone would hate him and call him dirty.  Pavel Datsyuk opened himself up to criticism by playing the religion card on a hot button political issue.  A simple no comment would have sufficed. 

The bottom line is, a writer did her job because the article is being discussed.

#27 Naps137

Naps137

Dekes of a Datsyukian Nature

• 19 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:44 PM

Classic.  I feel like the Wings just got "roasted". 

It was a funny read/fluff article!

I'm just happy to see the Wings have more original six matchups...I'm tired of watching what seems like a million games per year against the Preds & BJ's.  I'm also tired of the late games against teams I don't like anyways! I'm looking at you Anaheim! :innocent:

ftdd.png

"I only want Detroit. I want to start and finish with one team. This team. Detroit." -Pavel Datsyuk

#28 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:53 PM

This article was beyond stupid, and a waste of time. All this was is a writer showing that were scared of the Wings blah blah blah, hear it all the damn time. Nothing new and please, come up with better s***.

hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#29 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,564 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:53 AM

Classic.  I feel like the Wings just got "roasted". 

It was a funny read/fluff article!

I'm just happy to see the Wings have more original six matchups...I'm tired of watching what seems like a million games per year against the Preds & BJ's.  I'm also tired of the late games against teams I don't like anyways! I'm looking at you Anaheim! :innocent:

Agreed.

'Evolution' created by Offsides