• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:34 AM

I haven't seen qualities of a well coached team on the wings in the last 3 years

FA coming here and drastically under performing and then leaving and having career years

Lost us games in the playoffs by having the wrong lines on the ice in key situations. Never vice versa

I'm done with Babs. He has a key role in deciding players we sign as well

LOL... What team are you watching then? Didn't last years team - Lidstrom -Stuart +New assistant coach +a pile of rookies (this include Smith who, last year, was better off playing for the opponents) and + a million injuries manage to make the playoffs ,get to the second round and take the eventual Cup Champs to game 7? ...that could have very well been our Cup! I'd even go as far to say that in the end that we there the toughest challenge for the Blackhawks on their way to the Cup! Thanks Coach.... couldn't have gotten there without you!!

Edited by The Secret, 23 January 2014 - 07:50 AM.

#22 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:46 AM

We are still talking about the Olympics, right?

I, for the life of me, cannot think of one individual who could supplant him. Besides, as I recall, he did all right four years ago.

I started the thread to talk about Babock in general and to show that this guy is the best there is right now. I don't think people understand the weight of the drastic changes this team has gone through the past few years which includes losing staples, adding noobs and a million injuries to front line regulars. Its hard to get consistency on a team with a revolving door of players and had there been any other coach in the world behind the bench this team would have missed the play offs long ago and would not be even on the bubble of making it again this year... If Babcock says "I wouldn't bet against us" then I wouldn't bet against him!

In all honesty, I scratch my head at times with some of his decisions... its normal and my right as a fan but I don't any Stanley Cup rings nor Gold medals as a professional coach either. I'm sure their job has a good measure of luck required to be successful as it also requires the vision and knowledge. I'd say his vision and knowledge are CARRYING us right now with all the horrible luck we have been experiencing. We just scrapped out a victory against one of the best, if not the best, team in the league... with a backup goalie, a s*** load of key injuries and Babcock driving the boat!

#23 Firefighter4WingedWheel

Firefighter4WingedWheel

Prospect

• 33 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:47 AM

....wasn't talking about the team. Pretty sure I said something about Holland and Babs.

You said Holland and Babs are perfect for each other in the fact that they want a softer skills game. True.  However, my point is if they want the soft skills game then the team they have on the ice isn't it.  If they want the skills game they need to find players that fit those roles.

12058313233_9807d41377_o.jpg

#24 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,096 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:15 PM

You said Holland and Babs are perfect for each other in the fact that they want a softer skills game. True.  However, my point is if they want the soft skills game then the team they have on the ice isn't it.  If they want the skills game they need to find players that fit those roles.

Besides the fact that I wan't commenting on what type of players we actually have, I'm pretty sure Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Kronwall, Alfredsson, Weiss, Nyquist, Jurco, and Tatar all fit the skills game. Doesn't help though when 3 of the highest paid of those 8 are injured.

I haven't seen qualities of a well coached team on the wings in the last 3 years

FA coming here and drastically under performing and then leaving and having career years

Lost us games in the playoffs by having the wrong lines on the ice in key situations. Never vice versa

I'm done with Babs. He has a key role in deciding players we sign as well

? Who are you taking about?

#25 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:53 AM

Besides the fact that I wan't commenting on what type of players we actually have, I'm pretty sure Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Kronwall, Alfredsson, Weiss, Nyquist, Jurco, and Tatar all fit the skills game. Doesn't help though when 3 of the highest paid of those 8 are injured.

? Who are you taking about?

I didn't mean FA coming and going I guess my phrasing was off

Referring to how bad Quincey, Weisse and Samuelsson have been and how Hudler and Flippula leave and flourish

#26 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:01 AM

LOL... What team are you watching then? Didn't last years team - Lidstrom -Stuart +New assistant coach +a pile of rookies (this include Smith who, last year, was better off playing for the opponents) and + a million injuries manage to make the playoffs ,get to the second round and take the eventual Cup Champs to game 7? ...that could have very well been our Cup! I'd even go as far to say that in the end that we there the toughest challenge for the Blackhawks on their way to the Cup! Thanks Coach.... couldn't have gotten there without you!!

I wouldn't give him all the credit of course we still had guys like Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Howard and Kronwall which is a very decent core and losing in the second round is not an amazing feat. Blowing a 3-1 series lead wasn't very good either. There was plenty of times late in games in the playoffs where Babs had the wrong guys on the ice against the top lines and it cost us.

I just feel Babs relationship with the Wings is tired and stale and we need a refreshment. His gameplan is usually solid but the execution is not