• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wings87

Goalies Gone Wild

Rate this topic

Guest DeGraa55

I guess I don't get it. Coach didn't do his job and pull him after the first six goals so he pulled himself after the 7th.

The "went home with his mother" quote is important in light of the Terry Trafford story, which happened just two weeks earlier.

Regarding the first story, here are two other links providing the "rest of the story", both by eminent sports writer Bob Duff of the Windsor Star:

1) Kuchmey's dream ends in nightmare.

2) Q & A: How Kuchmey made national headlines.

The "went home with his mother" quote is important in light of the Terry Trafford story, which happened just two weeks earlier.

Regarding the first story, here are two other links providing the "rest of the story", both by eminent sports writer Bob Duff of the Windsor Star:

1) Kuchmey's dream ends in nightmare.

2) Q & A: How Kuchmey made national headlines.

Reading through the articles, a couple things struck me:

1. Fox sports did a piss poor job of explaining the situation regarding him going home with his mother, instead of explaining the situation they just made a joke out of it.

2. If the team had a concern about the kid's mental health, they should have handled the situation better. Maybe the coach should have spent more time discussing with him the reason he was still in the game.

Having said that it's still tough to excuse a player bolting and leaving his team in a lurch.