• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Scott R Lucidi

During the Season 2024 Thread

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

We get Toronto - Habs x 2 so I would say if we lose to Leafs we need the loser point and being optimistic we get 4 from Habs so we land at 90 super optimistic with my red glasses is we land at 91

Philly's best is 89 and both my scenarios renders them moot. 

Pens have Bruins @ Pitts, then Preds  @Pitts, then @ Isles they def could lose in reg in 2 of 3 of these games or if they go on a roll they bounce Isle out 3rd if they win 2 of 3...so red glasses time they get 2 points(Isles) to finish at 88 worst case 90 with us at 91.

Caps have Bolts @ Wash, then Bruins @ Wash then to Philly the next night so they could def lose 2 of 3 ...so red glasses time they get 2 points and finish at 87 worst case they win 2 and finish at 89

Isles have @Rags, @NJ, Then the aforementioned Pens @Isle two loser points they are tied with us at max value(91) but that only matters if they get jumped over by either Pens/Caps which in my scenario super optimistic scenario doesn't happen. 

Issue is what is on the line for Rags/Bruins/Preds

I am going to say it was a better season in that we were in the chase till the end DESPITE some serious up and down moments and Petry Brain Farts.  We know beyond the shadow of a doubt Simon E is ready to play so going to be interesting to see what happens with contracts this summer.

I personally think we run Husso/Lyon next year and if either poops out we bring up Cossa can't hurt. 

Fine with Husso/Lyon. But I think we have to bring in a ringer goalie again like Lyon was this year. Very real possibility that Lyon wont keep this going into next year, Husso will be poopies again, and Cossa isnt ready. 

I think we need a Hellberg/Lyon/KHL type. Someone we can stick in GR to start, but has the potential to take over the NHL net if plans A through C fail.

7 hours ago, Troy McClure said:

Fine with Husso/Lyon. But I think we have to bring in a ringer goalie again like Lyon was this year. Very real possibility that Lyon wont keep this going into next year, Husso will be poopies again, and Cossa isnt ready. 

I think we need a Hellberg/Lyon/KHL type. Someone we can stick in GR to start, but has the potential to take over the NHL net if plans A through C fail.

someone maybe you mentioned a KHL goalie but I am getting old and senile so .....