Rate this topic

bring back huds, and get rid of lang. look at there stats that enough proof

Lang

Season GP G A P +/- PIM PP SH GW Shots Pct

2006-2007 81 19 33 52 12 66 6 0 4 166 11.4

Hudler

Season GP G A P +/- PIM PP SH GW Shots Pct

2006-2007 76 15 10 25 16 36 3 0 4 107 14.0

*lang may have more goals but huds has more goal with less shots.

*huds has more goals and points with half as much ice time

*hudlers +/- is better than lang.

just more evidence lang should fall of some clif.

Someone noted before why Lang gets his own thread, but why no one is harping on Sammy and Lidstrom (although there appears to be a threat about the latter, and the former is getting bashed here too). But anyways, this is how I see it:

I think we can fairly criticize Lang because his play has been poor game in and out for a while. While Lidstrom maybe had a "bad game" last night -- and I don't think he did, even though he was on the ice for at least two of the goals as far as I recall - he plays more minutes than anyone on any team...and is always solid. It's got to be tough to play against Iginla, no less.

As for Sammy, he's a younger guy who makes around a quarter of Lang's salary. In the cap world, I suppose your play has to be proportional to your price tag. I agree that it is strange to see Sammy on the PP point. One would think our lesson was learned with Williams. However, short of throwing another forward out there, who would probably be either slow or even younger than Sammy, the defensemen include Markov, Lilja and Chelios, none of whom are offensive dynamos either. Actually, if he can play the minutes I wouldn't mind seeing what Chelios could do out there. After Markov's bonehead play at the offensive blueline last night, I would be a bit afriad to throw him out there. Also, he seems never to be able to keep the shot low/hit the net at all. And Lilja needs no comment. I like how he has been playing, but just not when he touches the puck.

But back to the topic of Lang, my personal vision of the lines would be a tendency towards:

Hank - Dats - Homer

Maltby-Draps- Cleary

Bert - Fillipula - Calder

Franzen-Lang-Sammy

I suppose this is not far from how they've been. But I don't like Lang and Bert together, and I think they ought to be seperated. We know Lang is slow, and while Bert can glid out there and get around guys, I have to think he's not a top-flight skater at this point. If Calder and Franzen and/or Sammy mixed around, that also wouldn't bother me. The key is that Draps' line deserves plenty of ice time considering their awesome play last night.

That became a long post.....I'll simply end by predicting a 4-3 Wings OT win on Thursday.

But I don't like Lang and Bert together, and I think they ought to be seperated.
Neither do i, and neither does Babcock...just look at what he did last night. He started Bert out with Flip and Franzen (two good defensive guys) and when he finally put Bert with Lang he moved Draper (good defensive guy) to play with them. The way I see it Babs wants no part of Lang and Bert together unless one of our best defensive guys is with them.

Wasn't hudles getting a majority of his points while being a line mate of Lang?

If my recollection is correct, than wouldn't benching Lang to bring up Hudles rather moot?

Sammy should be the logical decision... But I do see why babs is drawn to him... That 5point last regular season game... was damn impressive and worthy of many minutes in the post season. :rolleyes:

Edited by OsGOD

Filppula should be, without a doubt, our 2nd line center.

Dats-Hank-Homer

Franzen-Filppula-Bertuzzi

Cleary-Lang-Hudler

Maltby-Draper-Calder

DONE and DONE

Yea i like the looks of this although it should look a lil different we cant put Lang on our checking line and Cleary should be back with Draps:

Dats-Hank-Homer

Maltby-Draper-Cleary

Hudler-Lang-Calder

Wasn't hudles getting a majority of his points while being a line mate of Lang?

If my recollection is correct, than wouldn't benching Lang to bring up Hudles rather moot?

If you're implying that Hudler needs Lang to be effective therefore Lang needs to stay in the line-up...I strongly disagree. Hudler would be fine playing with anybody.

If you're implying that Hudler needs Lang to be effective therefore Lang needs to stay in the line-up...I strongly disagree. Hudler would be fine playing with anybody.

Actually I am implying the opposite... Lang performed quite nicely with Huddles as his pairing... not so much when seperated. If Huddles can play with anybody and Lang plays much better with Huddles... Wouldn't it only be common sense to play to the strengths of TWO players instead of just one?

Filppula should be, without a doubt, our 2nd line center.

Dats-Hank-Homer

Cleary-Lang-Hudler

Maltby-Draper-Calder

DONE and DONE

Those lines would be amazing against Calgary's grit and speed. However you need to put Cleary in place of Maltby on the 4th line. Draper and Cleary were amazing last night so do not split them up.

Dats-Hank-Homer

Maltby-Lang-Hudler

Cleary-Draper-Calder

Then you have 3 amazing lines and the 3rd line to be used when we need to give the big guns a rest.

To everyone:

Do not loose faith, our team is going to win game 4. Hasek let in a weak goal at the end (nice shot but this is Hasek) and he will bounce back with a perfect game. I am calling for the shutout as he will step up and be huge for us in game 4. Hasek hates losing and as a result he is going to be spectacular in game four.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

I argued about Lang before the season started. Everyone basically called me a troll and I have no clue about hockey (you know who you are)

Everyone was defending Lang tooth and nail. And their biggest defense was 'wait til the post season, you'll be eating crow'

And here I am, NOT eating crow!

I don't like Lang, I never liked Lang, and never will like Lang. He's lazy and he sucks.

I knew we were in trouble that game... the first 10 minutes of the 1st Lang coughed up the puck and created a 3 on 1.

Then in the 3rd when he stood out in front of the net with his thumb up his ass instead of shooting the puck.

Lang should be benched, Hudler will do a much better job.

Talk about selective memory. I'll say this, Lang hasn't played very well so far. He's got 1 assist and he's EVEN through three games. Not exactly lighting it up.

HOWEVER, Lang wasn't the reason we lost that game last night.

Even though he's the greatest dman in the game, Lidstrom helped cause 2 goals against last night.

The first one by Giordano, Lids put too close to Z's skates which is why he couldn't field it cleanly.

Then he made an uncharacteristic gaff on the Iginla goal by allowing the pass to get through and Iginla to get around him. Two direct goals scored there that had nothing to do with Lang.

Furthermore, we didn't lose that game because Lang turned over the puck or because he didn't get that shot off late in the 3rd. We lost that game because we got ouplayed. Calgary had the better legs and they won more individual battles. Calgary also improved on their ability to maintain posession of the puck.

More puck possession by Calgary

More shots on goal by Calgary

Better face off numbers by Calgary

More individual battles won by Calgary

Less puck possession by Detroit

Less one on one battles won by Detroit

2 Gaffs by Lidstrom

Calgary wanted it more and they deserved that win. The only solace I take from it was that we didn't play great and we had a 2-1 lead and could've stolen that game whereas Calgary had to be nearly flawless to beat us. If we play just a little better we ought to beat them even if they play a great game.

Lang haters are fooling themselves if they want to pin this loss on him or single him out. Lidstrom should've been the first player singled out and furthermore the entire team should've been singled out because of their lack of fight in the corners and along the boards allowing Calgary to win more than their fair share of battles.

PS: Lang isn't doing it on the scoresheet but he's picked up his defensive game and is backchecking his ass off. But I wouldn't expect Lang haters to have noticed any of that.

The Drapes line gets a pass as they were the only line to consistently play in Calgary's end, the only line to score and the only line consistently winning battles down low.

Dats also spent a s***load of time on his ass. I remember seeing him go down like 3 times and thinking, oh crap Dats is having one of those games where he's weak on his skates and he's gonna be a no show. And he was.

Edited by GordieSid&Ted

Talk about selective memory. I'll say this, Lang hasn't played very well so far. He's got 1 assist and he's EVEN through three games. Not exactly lighting it up.

HOWEVER, Lang wasn't the reason we lost that game last night.

Even though he's the greatest dman in the game, Lidstrom helped cause 2 goals against last night.

The first one by Giordano, Lids put too close to Z's skates which is why he couldn't field it cleanly.

Then he made an uncharacteristic gaff on the Iginla goal by allowing the pass to get through and Iginla to get around him. Two direct goals scored there that had nothing to do with Lang.

Furthermore, we didn't lose that game because Lang turned over the puck or because he didn't get that shot off late in the 3rd. We lost that game because we got ouplayed. Calgary had the better legs and they won more individual battles. Calgary also improved on their ability to maintain posession of the puck.

Lang haters are fooling themselves if they want to pin this loss on him or single him out. Lidstrom should've been the first player singled out and furthermore the entire team should've been singled out because of their lack of fight in the corners and along the boards allowing Calgary to win more than their fair share of battles.

PS: Lang isn't doing it on the scoresheet but he's picked up his defensive game and is backchecking his ass off. But I wouldn't expect Lang haters to have noticed any of that.

These haters must also hate... Zetterberg... I mean Lang has more point than him and lang doesn't even get the priviledge of playing on the first line.

Give all this Lang sucks crap a rest. You all focus so much anger on certain players and give free rides to others who are producing less than they should be 3 games into the post season.

I really thought Lang was going to step it up for the playoffs, especially since last year he was one of our better players against Edmonton. Obviously he's not stepping it up though, and his lackluster play has continued. This is really hurting our second line because it seems like no matter who plays with him they are brought down to his level.

So maybe some line combos of-

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Calder-Filpula-Samuelson

Cleary-Draper-Maltby

Hudler-Franzen-Bertuzzi

Or something like that. I don't think the Draper-Cleary-Maltby line should be broken up with the way they've been playing, but the second line needs some serious work for sure.

Obviously he's not stepping it up though, and his lackluster play has continued. This is really hurting our second line because it seems like no matter who plays with him they are brought down to his level.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Calder-Filpula-Samuelson

Cleary-Draper-Maltby

Hudler-Franzen-Bertuzzi

you complain about Lang being lackluster and really hurting us and yet you continue to put Zetterberg (most amount of shots on the team WITHOUT a point) out there on the first line with NO PRODUCTION whatsoever in these past three games? But alas its Lang so its okay to pin EVERYTHING going wrong on him. Hell, it's actually sort of refreashing to see that one player getting blamed for the bad play is not the GOALTENDER so far this year! It's nice to see fans actually scapegoating another player besides the Goalie... it really is.

Edited by OsGOD

lastly, please copy & paste the part where I said Lang us lost the game. thx

I love these forums, we all get to bicker and enjoy ourselves. I laughed so hard when I read that line.

I am sorry I am not agreeing or disagreeing with either of you I just had to say thanks for making me laugh. I love challenges like that. :)

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Zets out of the lineup the last few weeks before playoffs? Do you think Zets should be 100% after being out of the line-up for two weeks? And do you think maybe Zets has a nagging injury that the wings organization is covering up?

However, it clear that Zets (even though isn't scoring) is contributing way more. His play is solid, isn't coughing up the puck everytime he gets it, and isn't passing the puck to the Flames.

I can give a guy a break if he's playing hard and smart. I can't give a guy a break who's playing like their for the other team.

...and comparing Lang and Zets is laughable at best.

I agree 100% -- the guy's play is pretty uninspiring. He avoids contact like the bubonic plague.

Lang had not played well for most (if not all) of this season.

He still has some strength with the puck, but I wonder if he is just past it (36), or he is injured.

Looks like he lost his will to play on a competitive level.

...and comparing Lang and Zets is laughable at best.

I think it is more than fair to expect more out of a superstar player on our team than a 3rd and 4th liner personally. And don't mention the salary difference.. because we all know had Zeta's agent not been a tool he would be getting paid way more than Lang.

I will copy and paste the info... once you copy and paste where I accused you of saying Lang lost us the game :sly:

Edited by OsGOD

you complain about Lang being lackluster and really hurting us and yet you continue to put Zetterberg (most amount of shots on the team WITHOUT a point) out there on the first line with NO PRODUCTION whatsoever in these past three games? But alas its Lang so its okay to pin EVERYTHING going wrong on him. Hell, it's actually sort of refreashing to see that one player getting blamed for the bad play is not the GOALTENDER so far this year! It's nice to see fans actually scapegoating another player besides the Goalie... it really is.

Whoa.. sheesh I was just throwing out a suggestion.

(Also, *continue* to put Zetterberg on the first line? :unsure: I've never made a post suggesting lines before!)

I just think that Datsyuk and Zetterberg have some chemistry with each other and to break it up would be risky. From my perspective(Note this is AN OPINION), Zetts is working his ass off, playing the body, throwing checks and working for the puck. Lang just doesn't seem to be doing that.

That right there pretty much invalidates the rest of your post (which was completey inaccurate by the way...Detroit IMO and many others was the better team most of the game last night, especially at even strength.) You know how I can tell Lang's play is indefensible? Because the only way you and Osgod can defend Lang is by bringing up how others players arent performing. That says it all right there. Let's be honest...can anyone confuse what we've seen from Zetterberg and Lang as similar in any way? Hank needs to get on the board and produce, but Lang isnt even competing.

Whoa.. sheesh I was just throwing out a suggestion.

(Also, *continue* to put Zetterberg on the first line? :unsure: I've never made a post suggesting lines before!)

I just think that Datsyuk and Zetterberg have some chemistry with each other and to break it up would be risky. From my perspective(Note this is AN OPINION), Zetts is working his ass off, playing the body, throwing checks and working for the puck. Lang just doesn't seem to be doing that.

By continuing I mean... He has been on the first line for first 3 games... and you continue to put him on the first line in your post... that is continuing to put him on the first line, correct?

As far as the chemisty... I would agree it WAS there before he got hurt. Since Zeta has been out it has been all Dats with little or no help from Zeta. Dats goal in game 1 was assisted by Holmerand schnides (no zeta) and Dats goal in Game 2 was unassisted (also no Zeta).

While I wish Zeta would return to form, he is not at 100% and despite the belief he is working his ass off all the time out there, he is also getting knocked off the puck very easily and not making or accepting passes like he did when the "chemistry" was on.

Bashing Lang should be the least up peoples concerns... until we get all players on our top line producing like they used to.