• Please log in to reply
219 replies to this topic

#1 KronwallCRUNCH

KronwallCRUNCH

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 12:01 AM

I used to be a Lang supporter, but I just can't do it anymore. He COULD have tied the game, who knows what could have happened IF he actually got a shot off late in the 3rd. Instead, just like his "breakaway" in game 2, he reverted to the pace of a snail and botched any chance of success. BENCH HIM, PLEASE!

#2 Viperar

Viperar

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 12:04 AM

no, absolutely not, not only does he not skate or fight for the puck, now his shots take twice as long too
IPB Image
IPB Image

#3 Mighty Wings

Mighty Wings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 12:05 AM

clap.gif clap.gif Best post of the day right there. He is just terrible. I know in baseball when a guy struggles at the plate they get a day off to recharge their batteries. I wonder if Babcock would be willing to do that, but I'd give it a shot.

#4 SliderJeff

SliderJeff

LETS GO WINGS!

• PipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 12:07 AM

I think he deserves to be on the ice. Unfortunately, I think it's as an official Zamboni driver and nothing actually associated with wearing the Winged Wheel.

And, Christ Almighty... how many of us had to put up with the homer Canadian announcers with DirecTV's Center Ice? On top of showing a letterboxed POS 4:3 pic in a 16:9 frame on the HD channel... I had to listen to Drew "I love the Sharks" and I wasn't even WATCHING the f'in Sharks. So let's see... thanks to Center Ice, I've gotten to see women's golf and a standard def canadian love fest broadcast. Thanks CI... you rule!

Later,
Jeff

Edited by SliderJeff, 18 April 2007 - 12:08 AM.

#5 Superman54

Superman54

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 12:08 AM

I wouldnt bench him but wouldnt have him play on the 2nd line....what line was bertuzzi playing on?

#6 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

It's Now or Never, Kenny....

• Silver Booster
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 12:09 AM

The play that really pissed me off (besides losing two faceoffs in a row at the end of the game) is towards the end, he got a perfect pass in the middle of the slot and literally just stood there, holding the puck, instead of shooting the one-timer.

Edited by ShanahanMan, 18 April 2007 - 12:10 AM.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#7 YoungGuns1340

YoungGuns1340

Johan and Henrik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,501 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 12:12 AM

Filppula should be, without a doubt, our 2nd line center.

Dats-Hank-Homer
Franzen-Filppula-Bertuzzi
Cleary-Lang-Hudler
Maltby-Draper-Calder

DONE and DONE
It is not your aptitude, but your attitude, that determines your altitude.

#8 SliderJeff

SliderJeff

LETS GO WINGS!

• PipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 12:21 AM

But whatever would we do without the amazingly talented, rocket shooting, laser guided puck throwing monster that is Samuelsson? Oh wait... he sucks the suck out of "suck" too. I'd rather see LangFELD than Lang again. Hell, I'd rather see Karen Newman suit up before Lang. At least she's easier on the eyes.

BENCH SAMMY! BENCH LANG!

Huds and Newman for the win!

Later,
Jeff

QUOTE(YoungGuns1340 @ April 18, 2007 - 12:12AM) View Post

Filppula should be, without a doubt, our 2nd line center.

Dats-Hank-Homer
Franzen-Filppula-Bertuzzi
Cleary-Lang-Hudler
Maltby-Draper-Calder

DONE and DONE

#9 zetterbergfuturemvp

zetterbergfuturemvp

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 12:27 AM

i never liked lang but samuelsson is the one who should be benched .........he's useless ........yes he takes shots but their ridiculously weak and have no aim , and he plays on the powerplay ......what a joke lol , i know kronwall is out but im sure they could find a better player ., we got lidstrom and schneider on the 1st ppl , and the 2nd lebda and samuelsson on the point?? what about lebda and filppula ?? hes's defensivly aware , can skate , can pass .....he might not have a rocket shot from the point but good lord neither does samuelsson LOL ..........get sammy out pls

#10 Viperar

Viperar

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 12:46 AM

Sammy atleast laid some hits tonight and caused a turnover or two. And while overshooting is bad, lang contributes ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

all the excuses was wait and see hes a playoff performer...really? show me
IPB Image
IPB Image

#11 Wings_Rule_1010

Wings_Rule_1010

LGRW!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 12:58 AM

Oh God. Don't even get me started with him. All I heard about was how Lang brought it in the playoffs. And he has been one of, if not the worst, players for the Wings. He doesn't hustle, doesn' t try and doesn't produce. He needs to step it up big time, because I know he can be a good player. If not, he belongs on the bench.... all right I feel better now. Just had to get my frustration out biggrin.gif
Go Blue!!!

#12 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 12:59 AM

Yeah, this guy's a clown and a half. Turn him over, he's D-U-N.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#13 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 01:39 AM

He wasn't even half ready when the puck was feathered to his tape. That shows how little hunger there is there. When you watch Draper take a face-off--that's hunger. I think Lang had thrown in the towel in the last two critical faceoffs, which is absurd.

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.

#14 rosincula

rosincula

Prospect

• 46 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 01:43 AM

Thank god other people feel the same way. My brother and I have been complaining about this guy for two years now.

I'm so beyond sick of seeing him five feet from the puck, and watching him turn away from it. Rather than hustling and putting some pressure on the other team by going after the puck, he'd rather just float on by. SO LAZY.

The only thing this guy has ever been good for, and I have to give him credit for this, is that he can magically be in the right spot to tip the puck in. But he has never ever made a play (that i've seen) or created a turn-over or back-checked when it mattered.

Edited by rosincula, 18 April 2007 - 01:44 AM.

#15 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 05:24 AM

I always have given Lang the benefit of the doubt when he gets ridiculously roasted on here, but he's just really going downhill.

Pretty frustrating to watch but in the grand scheme of things, I think he brings more to the table than Samuelsson.

#16 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 05:30 AM

QUOTE(MotownIce @ April 18, 2007 - 01:01AM) View Post

I used to be a Lang supporter, but I just can't do it anymore. He COULD have tied the game, who knows what could have happened IF he actually got a shot off late in the 3rd. Instead, just like his "breakaway" in game 2, he reverted to the pace of a snail and botched any chance of success. BENCH HIM, PLEASE!

I was thinking the same thing when he took his sweet time there. GOD! Bench him!
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#17 hoogs

hoogs

3rd Line Checker

• Silver Booster
  • 403 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 07:00 AM

I cant bear to watch him anymore, its insane how bad he looks. He is actually worse than Sammy IMO, and that is BAD. He turns the puck over left and right and is never in the right position to take the puck, its unreal...........what happened to this guy?

#18 Zeta Power 40

Zeta Power 40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 07:16 AM

it's a good thing he's gone after this season.
Red Wings, My Red Wings, Come On Wings, Lets Fly!!!
IPB Image
^Thanks Hockey13playa^

#19 BetweenThePipes

BetweenThePipes

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 07:38 AM

Alright...You all knew I was coming...

Surprisingly, I'm not going to argue with most of you. Lang hasn't been on his game. I'll admit it. What bothers me, though, is that he isn't the only one that is screwing up, yet he seems to be the only one getting talked about negatively. Like some said, Sammy isn't doing his job either. Where are the "I hate Sammy" threads? Lidstrom had some bad plays last night too, but since he is so respected, no one dares to say anything about it.

Like I said, I'm not saying Lang is playing like a hockey god, but he isn't the only one who is responsible for the loss. All I'm saying is if you're going to complain about how one player sucks because he isn't playing well, you might as well complain about all of them. We lost as a team. Don't take it out on one person.

Thanks Offsides, You are too kind :)

#20 Louisville

Louisville

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 07:54 AM

QUOTE(ShanahanMan @ April 18, 2007 - 01:09AM) View Post

The play that really pissed me off (besides losing two faceoffs in a row at the end of the game) is towards the end, he got a perfect pass in the middle of the slot and literally just stood there, holding the puck, instead of shooting the one-timer.

BTW, that amazing pass was brought to you by Bertuzzi. He actually caught the Calgary defense off guard with it, and instead of one timing or sending a quick wrister, he looked down at the puck giving enough time for their D to eat him up. Pathetic.

Question 1: Why doesn't the Detroit media (or Babcock) completely call Lang out? I mean why not? I would think reporters and Babs are watching the same game...so what do they have to lose? At least fire the guy up or something because he's playing like he's got nothing to prove. Which he should.

Question 2: Why was Lang out for the last draw (with 15 seconds left)? Why did Drapes come off? I'm still shaking my head at that one.