• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
zetterbergfuturemvp

Bargain Free Agent Targets?

Rate this topic

What? The Wings have three legitimate top-six talents right now. Holmstrom, Zetterberg, and Datsyuk. Even Holmstrom's a stretch, as he's not too great five on five.They need more scorers. Kozlov would give the Wings more scoring depth and he was always a stud in the Playoffs.

Bertuzzi could be a top six goal scorer. Put Filppula on the second line then, and if given the proper minutes, could easily be a top six scorer also.

I'm not that big on Kozlov, I'm just not. Besides that, he was awful during the playoffs this year. I know it's only one year, but I just don't really want Kozlolv. There are other options.

What? The Wings have three legitimate top-six talents right now. Holmstrom, Zetterberg, and Datsyuk. Even Holmstrom's a stretch, as he's not too great five on five.They need more scorers. Kozlov would give the Wings more scoring depth and he was always a stud in the Playoffs.

I kept wishing for him all playoffs, I felt that he could have found a key to unlock Jiggy's chastity belt, he's amazing at seeing the invisible and he's a playmaker.

At trade deadline, I read that ATL's Zhitnik acquisition might require Slava to take a cut if he wants to stay in ATL (he and Z are good friends), but he had 80 points on the season, so I'd think ATL might up his $2 mil, but then again, Slava didn't perform to expectations in post (not that any of 'em did).

Bertuzzi could be a top six goal scorer. Put Filppula on the second line then, and if given the proper minutes, could easily be a top six scorer also.

I'm not that big on Kozlov, I'm just not. Besides that, he was awful during the playoffs this year. I know it's only one year, but I just don't really want Kozlolv. There are other options.

You use "could be" a lot. Kozlov "is" a top six forward.

Samuelsson reminds me of this chick I went out with in high school. On certain days she would look very good. Hot even. And I would say to myself "Self you got yourself a real hot looking chick there." But then on other days the same chick would not look so good. And I would say to myself "Self, what in God's Green Earth were you thinking? Her face looks like a catcher's mit!" In the end it's about checks and balances I suppose.

Likewise, here we have Samuelsson. IN certain games he looks like the hot chick. In other games he looks like roadkill. Which one is he? Does anyone REALLY know? I mean he can laser the puck. But no one knows where it's going. When he actually hits the net, most of the time it goes in. The other times, it usually goes all the way around the boards and sets up a 2 on 1 for the other team.

For $1.2 million what do we expect? Another Datsyuk? Of course not. In the Salary Cap NHL you have to have some cheap salaries to fill out your roster and hope they can play a role on your team. I am fine with Sammy on the 4th line. Any higher and I am afraid of the ugly chick I dated in high school returning. You know those movies, Prom Night. Mary Lou keeps coming back right. We need to see Sammy more next season. Not Mary Lou Samuelsson.

This is one of the funniest posts I've ever read in my life. OMFG!

Anyway, I think we should go after Ian Laperrier and Ryan Smyth. Let Burt go and resign Schneider.

Arron Asham for sure. Ive wanted him here for 5 years and now he's finally unrestricted. Although with a certain unnamed guy being meaninglessly re-signed for 3 more years it doesnt look like theres a spot available on the lower lines. :angry: He would perfectly fill that Moen/Neil type void.

Guest ZDH

Arron Asham for sure. Ive wanted him here for 5 years and now he's finally unrestricted. Although with a certain unnamed guy being meaninglessly re-signed for 3 more years it doesnt look like theres a spot available on the lower lines. :angry: He would perfectly fill that Moen/Neil type void.

I don't think Maltby is meaningless. He's still a very solid player for this team. Obviously Holland concurs because he re-signed him for 3 more seasons. Asham is not much of a player which is why no one keeps him. He's tough, but that's about it. He adds nothing else. I'd like a big, tough 4th line centre myself. But it looks like Hudler will be the player centering that line next season. Hudler is a good player but I think we have too many of his type of player on the team already.

I don't think Maltby is meaningless. He's still a very solid player for this team. Obviously Holland concurs because he re-signed him for 3 more seasons. Asham is not much of a player which is why no one keeps him. He's tough, but that's about it. He adds nothing else. I'd like a big, tough 4th line centre myself. But it looks like Hudler will be the player centering that line next season. Hudler is a good player but I think we have too many of his type of player on the team already.

You are clearly misinformed about Asham. He's only played for two teams his whole career so i dont know what you're talking about there. He's been on the Isle for the past 4 or 5 seasons. He is one of those guys that possesses skill to go along with his toughness. He's a role player that scores 10-15 goals, and on this team, i think he could be good for 15-20. You're last comment about having too many Hudler types, well on that note, just how many Moen/Neil types do we have???? Get where im going?

You are clearly misinformed about Asham. He's only played for two teams his whole career so i dont know what you're talking about there. He's been on the Isle for the past 4 or 5 seasons. He is one of those guys that possesses skill to go along with his toughness. He's a role player that scores 10-15 goals, and on this team, i think he could be good for 15-20. You're last comment about having too many Hudler types, well on that note, just how many Moen/Neil types do we have???? Get where im going?

Asham can play Center if im not mistaken.

I'd take Asham over Hudler any day.

Another guy whos cheap , huge and tough, Chris Gratton from florida , wouldnt cost alot and gives us alot of size on our bottom 2 lines (Kopecky , Gratton , Asham , Maltby, Franzen)

BTW , Nice Burkey avatar :lol:

Guest ZDH

Lets assume Asham is a good player, which I don't think he is. Being an UFA he is going to want to cash in. The Wings can't afford to be paying their 4th liners over $1 million. They already have Samuelsson at $1.2 million to play on the 4th line next season.

The Wings need as much Cap space as possible to keep what they already had. Schneider, Markov, Hasek, Chelios and Bertuzzi.

Lang and Calder are gone I believe.

Guest ZDH

Asham can play Center if im not mistaken.

I'd take Asham over Hudler any day.

Another guy whos cheap , huge and tough, Chris Gratton from florida , wouldnt cost alot and gives us alot of size on our bottom 2 lines (Kopecky , Gratton , Asham , Maltby, Franzen)

BTW , Nice Burkey avatar :lol:

Gratton is too dumb to play for a team like the Red Wings which you have very strong hockey sense. I've seen better hockey sense from Kara Yorio than I ever have from Chris Gratton. Gratton is the classic "all the tools and no toolbox" case.

Gratton is too dumb to play for a team like the Red Wings which you have very strong hockey sense. I've seen better hockey sense from Kara Yorio than I ever have from Chris Gratton. Gratton is the classic "all the tools and no toolbox" case.

:lol:

I really like Arron Asham but not too sure if he would be the right guy to pick up. He is a 20 point player and not much else, he will fight on occasion and is a good fighter, but I've always thought of him as kind of a spot picker, he won't fight HWs and most of his fights are long, meaningless, and somewhat entertaining. I've never really seen him as an ultimate team guy who fights to send a message or protect a teammate's honor, more so just for roar from the crowd (which isn't necessarily a bad thing) and he doesn't bring much size (5'11, 205) and doesn't hit much

A couple UFA I would really really like to see in a Red Wing's jersey are Chris Simon and Todd Fedoruk, I know they both had pretty horrid seasons but we took Bertuzzi didn't we?

Chris Simon (around 1 mill), 6'3 230, 25 point producer, playoff experience, team guy who will fight in a teammate's honor, can take on anyone in the league, a big body for the 4th line forecheck and cycle, he only has a couple more good years in him but with our options/current line up I think he would be a great addition, by the time he's gone we'll have more options

Todd Fedoruk (half a mill), 6'2 240, yeah he has a shattered face but he has a great attitude and still a ton of potential, I believe that he has learned from his mistakes and will be a force again, he is one of the greatest team guys in the league right now, will fight anyone in the league for a team mate's honor/an energy boost, and the best thing is that he's still young and can play a regular shift, he was starting to turn into a decent 4th liner (due for 15-25 points in a full season), I really really want to see Todd come here to rebuild himself

07-08 Lines:

Grigorenko Datsyuk Holmstrom

Bertuzzi Zetterberg Samuelsson

Franzen Filppula Cleary

Fedoruk/Simon Draper Maltby

Kopecky

Calder: won't be resigned

Hudler: has to be moved, no room

Guest ZDH

I really like Arron Asham but not too sure if he would be the right guy to pick up. He is a 20 point player and not much else, he will fight on occasion and is a good fighter, but I've always thought of him as kind of a spot picker, he won't fight HWs and most of his fights are long, meaningless, and somewhat entertaining. I've never really seen him as an ultimate team guy who fights to send a message or protect a teammate's honor, more so just for roar from the crowd (which isn't necessarily a bad thing) and he doesn't bring much size (5'11, 205) and doesn't hit much

A couple UFA I would really really like to see in a Red Wing's jersey are Chris Simon and Todd Fedoruk, I know they both had pretty horrid seasons but we took Bertuzzi didn't we?

Chris Simon (around 1 mill), 6'3 230, 25 point producer, playoff experience, team guy who will fight in a teammate's honor, can take on anyone in the league, a big body for the 4th line forecheck and cycle, he only has a couple more good years in him but with our options/current line up I think he would be a great addition, by the time he's gone we'll have more options

Todd Fedoruk (half a mill), 6'2 240, yeah he has a shattered face but he has a great attitude and still a ton of potential, I believe that he has learned from his mistakes and will be a force again, he is one of the greatest team guys in the league right now, will fight anyone in the league for a team mate's honor/an energy boost, and the best thing is that he's still young and can play a regular shift, he was starting to turn into a decent 4th liner (due for 15-25 points in a full season), I really really want to see Todd come here to rebuild himself

07-08 Lines:

Grigorenko Datsyuk Holmstrom

Bertuzzi Zetterberg Samuelsson

Franzen Filppula Cleary

Fedoruk/Simon Draper Maltby

Kopecky

Calder: won't be resigned

Hudler: has to be moved, no room

I used to really like Simon but he is getting up in age and does not fight that much anymore. I think we need to stay as young as possible with any new additions given the fact we still have some vet players who are getting older.

Fedoruk gets pummelled too much for my liking. I've seen him be demolished against Colton Orr and against...I can't recall who it was he was pummelled.

I used to really like Simon but he is getting up in age and does not fight that much anymore. I think we need to stay as young as possible with any new additions given the fact we still have some vet players who are getting older.

Fedoruk gets pummelled too much for my liking. I've seen him be demolished against Colton Orr and against...I can't recall who it was he was pummelled.

Simon is old, and I agree we need to start getting younger, but his impact on the team isn't big enough to worry about his age, I would love to have had Simon in the playoffs this year for the Flames/Sharks/Ducks

Fedoruk was TKOed by Derek Boogaard and KOed by Colton Orr, like I said, not a good year, but it just makes him a lot easier to pick up and begin to rebuild. With those two tunings aside, he has a had some great fights, there is nobody more willing to fight than Fedoruk, so yeah, eventually he'll get tuned but he'll be back... in the last 2 years hes had a couple solid draws with both Laraque, and Boogaard, probably the 2 most dominate fighters around right now.

Asham could easily be fit into this team if Kenny wants him. Hudler will be dumped (yes, I'm calling it now, because him and Babcock aren't exactly good friends) and the extra spot could to Asham. This is assuming we re-sign Bertuzzi, and also sign Ryan Smyth. Hey, the rumors look good right now, so it might just happen. :cool:

Asham could easily be fit into this team if Kenny wants him. Hudler will be dumped (yes, I'm calling it now, because him and Babcock aren't exactly good friends) and the extra spot could to Asham. This is assuming we re-sign Bertuzzi, and also sign Ryan Smyth. Hey, the rumors look good right now, so it might just happen. :cool:

Is there any update's on the Smyth rumours KP ??. I've not seen any .

Is there any update's on the Smyth rumours KP ??. I've not seen any .

Oh, you know, just the usual stuff. Most people think the Wings would be a great desination for Smyth, because we've been so successful for a while now, and he'd like it here.

It's looking like he won't return to Long Island, at least for now. Rumor is they've thrown a 10 year contract at him (what a surprise Charles Wang :rolleyes: ), and he doesn't want to commit for that long. Also, the club doesn't plan to buyout Alexei Yashin, and if they don't, that means they're not commited to winning. Yashin is overrpaid, and has been past his prime for years now, and when Smyth sees that, he might not want to be a part of it. These are all just rumors mind you, so we won't see much being said until the SCF is over.

Oh, you know, just the usual stuff. Most people think the Wings would be a great desination for Smyth, because we've been so successful for a while now, and he'd like it here.

It's looking like he won't return to Long Island, at least for now. Rumor is they've thrown a 10 year contract at him (what a surprise Charles Wang :rolleyes: ), and he doesn't want to commit for that long. Also, the club doesn't plan to buyout Alexei Yashin, and if they don't, that means they're not commited to winning. Yashin is overrpaid, and has been past his prime for years now, and when Smyth sees that, he might not want to be a part of it. These are all just rumors mind you, so we won't see much being said until the SCF is over.

Thanks Buddy. :):thumbup: I'm glad Wang's got nothing to do with the Wings . if he did , we would be srewed. :scared::lol:

chris gratton picks up his paychecks with a gun and ski mask

Sorry, but when I read this I think "here is someone who just started cheering for or following Detroit in 2002 or 03."

i was a big slava fan to but we have to many of the same forwards small puck handlers what we need is size

i was a big slava fan to but we have to many of the same forwards small puck handlers what we need is size

That's one way of looking at it, and I agree that more size would have been terrific, especially against the Ducks, but what we needed MOST in that series was a shooter with vision to beat Jiggy, and a playmaker to get the puck through those shut-down passing lanes. Koz could have done both, and I'd love to see him back.

There just aren't any big power forwards out there that we can afford-- certainly none with the skills I'd want for the Wings.

Sorry, but when I read this I think "here is someone who just started cheering for or following Detroit in 2002 or 03."

Wow. I've been following the Wings since about 1992 when I was 8 years old. Just because I don't want Kozlov makes me not a fan all of a sudden? I really don't appreciate your comments.

The Wings could use a gritty goal scorer, like Scott Hartnell, way more then someone like Kozlov. Hartnell brings a lot more to the table then Kozlov. If guys like Hartnell or Smyth sign with other teams, then yes, Kozlov would be a welcome addition. But I'm not going to make signing him a first priority like some on here.

Datsyuk 6.7m

Zetterberg 2.65m Holmstrom 2.25m

Draper 2.13m

Samuelsson 1.2m

Franzen 942k Maltby 883k

Filpulla 710k

Cleary 662k

Lidstrom 7.6m

Kronwall 3m

Lilja 1m

Lebda 650k

Osgood 850k

Total=$31,227,000m

Cap Left (assuming $48m)=$16,773,000m

Departures: Lang 3.8m , Calder 2.95m

Resignies: Schneider 4m.

Markov 3m

Chelios 850k

Hasek 1.2m

Bertuzzi 3m

Hudler 650k

Total resignies=$9,900,000m

Cap Left $6,873,000m.

Acquisitions: Kozlov 3m

Grigorenko 700k

Total Cap space left: $3,173,000m

-How about that?

Edited by The Elite Wings

Wow. I've been following the Wings since about 1992 when I was 8 years old. Just because I don't want Kozlov makes me not a fan all of a sudden? I really don't appreciate your comments.

The Wings could use a gritty goal scorer, like Scott Hartnell, way more then someone like Kozlov. Hartnell brings a lot more to the table then Kozlov. If guys like Hartnell or Smyth sign with other teams, then yes, Kozlov would be a welcome addition. But I'm not going to make signing him a first priority like some on here.

Quite the opposite - I wasn't even sure Slava Sheppard was still playing ice hockey. And yes - I remain the only person you'll find that cheered when Stevens knocked his ******* lights out in the 94 SCF.