11 replies to this topic

#1 youssp9

youssp9

1st Line Sniper

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 04:13 PM

Report from www.thefourthperiod.com. "reports still suggest the Leafs are close to signing free agent center Jason Allison, and are apparently interested in winger Zigmund Palffy."
Does anyone else think we dont have a chance of getting palffy now?

#2 RedStormRising

RedStormRising

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE (youssp9 @ August 5, 2005 - 05:13PM)
Report from www.thefourthperiod.com. "reports still suggest the Leafs are close to signing free agent center Jason Allison, and are apparently interested in winger Zigmund Palffy."
Does anyone else think we dont have a chance of getting palffy now?

No, there's still a chance.

#3 Barnes52

Barnes52

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 04:16 PM

I hope we don't have a chance. From the sounds of it, we're focused on singing our own FA's and sign some size

#4 redwings1914

redwings1914

Wingin' It since '90

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,427 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 04:30 PM

He will be gone before kenny gets around to him....
It is not a sprint, yet a marathon.

#5 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 04:32 PM

I still think theres a chance he comes here, which I wouldnt mind because supposeldy finesse players will benefit from the new NHL. We would definately have to add grit either way though. I also wouldnt be surprised if we see Bondra here.
In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#6 Barnes52

Barnes52

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 05:01 PM

Not enough money to sign Pallfy

#7 Vladinator

Vladinator

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,811 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 05:53 PM

QUOTE (Barnes52 @ August 5, 2005 - 05:01PM)
Not enough money to sign Pallfy

As much as I'd like to see the Wings add someone, I'm glad that they cannot afford him...if that is the only way to stop Holland from bringing him here, so be it...
As the reasons for the carnage cut their meat and lick the gravy
We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies.

#8 helplessly devoted

helplessly devoted

avid reader

• 36 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE (ARice89 @ August 5, 2005 - 06:32PM)
I still think theres a chance he comes here, which I wouldnt mind because supposeldy finesse players will benefit from the new NHL. We would definately have to add grit either way though. I also wouldnt be surprised if we see Bondra here.

Bondra!! that's a name i hadn't thought of. make it happen Kenny, after our own boys of course

#9 mackel

mackel

Bring Back Vernie

• PipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 06:14 PM

Bondra is a pure scorer and would be a nice addition... if for nothing else other that the shootout.

-M

#10 LidstromIsASuperhero

LidstromIsASuperhero

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 08:30 PM

Bondra would be pretty good on our top line. I was just thinking earlier today that of Lang and Shanahan, there is acceptable size and strength, but something of a lack of speed. In addition to this, Bondra played along side Lang last season, which was pretty much Lang's most successful season.

#11 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE (LidstromIsASuperhero @ August 5, 2005 - 09:30PM)
Bondra would be pretty good on our top line. I was just thinking earlier today that of Lang and Shanahan, there is acceptable size and strength, but something of a lack of speed. In addition to this, Bondra played along side Lang last season, which was pretty much Lang's most successful season.

Yup, I totally agree. I think he would be a good 1-2 year contract signing.

Shanahan-Lang-Bondra
Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom OR x-Zetterberg-Holmstrom
Maltby-Draper-Yzerman
Williams-Franzen-Mowers

In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#12 winggnutt

winggnutt

Prospect

• 39 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 09:09 PM

The only next move needed is a #1 stopper. thumbdown.gif