• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MacK_Attack

Polish Website: Leafs Sign Czerkawski

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

A Polish NHL website is reporting that the Leafs have signed winger Mariusz Czerkawski.

If you can read Polish, here's the link: http://www.nhl.com.pl/

The Toronto Star reported in this morning's paper that the two sides were close to a 1-year, $500k contract.

Toronto Star Article

Sources say that Maple Leafs GM John Ferguson has had ongoing discussions with Czerkawski's agent, Neil Abbott, on a one-year deal worth about $500,000 (all figures U.S.).

Mariusz Czerkawski only plays well in Long Island. Anywhere else, forget 'bout it.

Couldn't hurt at this point, the Leafs have no depth on the wings past O'Neill & Tucker.

He is a Mogilny replacement- a very wattered down version of Mogilny- but all the same I am fine with this signing.

He isn't much of a Toronto-calibre player- here we like hard-working guys who give it all night in, night out. But so far this pre-season I've seen glimpses of his skill and I am very excited. I think he is well capable of the 50, 55 pt marks he acheived on the Island- he'll be with at least one or two of the following:

Jeff O'Neill

Mats Sundin

Eric Lindros

Darcy Tucker

Alex Steen

Matt Stajan

I think he's a player who needs to be around other good players to succeed- I think he'll be given that opportunity up on the top two lines.

And taking into consideration the considerably low price- I see nothing wrong with this.