• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Seth

Hockey's Future.com

Rate this topic

This one's too all the hockey Homers that think they're god's gift to the hockey world. THe posters that eat out of the media's hands regardless of the source, and to top it all off don't have any comprehension of the game. This one is for the Homers.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/team/montreal_canadiens

if you go down to the bottom of the page to see how hockey's future has ranked their prospects you'll notice this: Guillaume Latendresse 7.5D

So apparently Holland isn't the only one....oh wait.

Heaton lead your Homer army to victory.

I'm not quite sure I understand your meaning?

No one does, he thinks posting a link makes him look like he knows anything about this kid.

Another lie from Seth, what a surprise, I never once said anything negative about Latendresse other than the fact that there were still 28 other teams who didn't want him either.

I'd also appreciate it if you would stop bringing me up everytime you make one of your 5th grade-style posts. I don't follow you around like a puppy dog to try and "get you" like you do with me. So, once again, grow up.

Edited by Heaton

This one's too all the hockey Homers that think they're god's gift to the hockey world. THe posters that eat out of the media's hands regardless of the source, and to top it all off don't have any comprehension of the game. This one is for the Homers.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/team/montreal_canadiens

if you go down to the bottom of the page to see how hockey's future has ranked their prospects you'll notice this: Guillaume Latendresse 7.5D

So apparently Holland isn't the only one....oh wait.

Heaton lead your Homer army to victory.

Big deal.

7.5D.

Which means that he's unlikely to reach his potential as a 1st or even 2nd liner and will probably be a fourth line guy or depth forward.

What's your point Seth?

Hockeysfuture.com is one of the worst sites for prospect info.

thank you. Finally, yet sooo many people use the site as if give them an advantage or something. Its just pure crazy. Cleary Latendresse is not a D ranking as he nearly made the Habs team. He'll most likely pan out to be a 1st or 2nd line scoring power forward.

thank you. Finally, yet sooo many people use the site as if give them an advantage or something. Its just pure crazy. Cleary Latendresse is not a D ranking as he nearly made the Habs team. He'll most likely pan out to be a 1st or 2nd line scoring power forward.

'D' Means he could drop to as low as 70% of the numerical ranking, which for a 7.5 would be 5.25, which is a third/fourth line grinder. a 7.5 in itself places him as a high level second liner if he reaches his MAXIMUM potential.

The way I usually use the HF ratings is to take the 'bottom-out' rating and the maximum rating, and average the two. That usually gives a more realistic impression of where the player will end up, unless there is an extenuating circumstance why the player's letter would be lower (such as Grigorenko's accident) in which case I may or may not adjust the player's 'bottom out' upwards depending on the extenuating circumstances (Grigorenko's recovery has at least earned him a B as opposed to a C)

I also calculate A ratings the same as B rankings, because NO player is a guarantee.

So Latendresse's LIKELY potential by those guidelines is 6.375, putting him as a probable second/third liner.

By comparison, Tomas Kopecky's 7.0D ranking projects out to a minimum 4.9, and average 5.95, putting him as a third liner and not far behind Latendresse. Kopecky is projected as a similar type of player also.

Yup.

The forums are even worse. Moderators are consistently throwing insults and trolling and the moment you call them on it you get banned. It's quite sad because there's a big contingent of Canuck posters on there.

Yup.

The forums are even worse. Moderators are consistently throwing insults and trolling and the moment you call them on it you get banned. It's quite sad because there's a big contingent of Canuck posters on there.

insults and trolling with Nuck fans. Go figure! biggrin.gif

Guest WestCoastWingsFan

Maybe Holland & Co. just didn't think Latendresse was going to be that good. If that's the case, they had a lot of company, seeing as how he dropped to the 2nd round. For all of you people still bent outta shape not drafting the guy, doesn't that make you wonder? Big guys with skill get grabbed immediatly in the NHL draft. It's the smaller skilled players who tend to fall (good for us, incidentally biggrin.gif ). For a guy of that size to not even go in the 1st round means that an awful lot of people who know a hell of a lot more about judging prospects than any of us are not really sold on this guy.

Guest WestCoastWingsFan

I agree and have voiced that many a time

they do not follow up on the players

No question that they don't update that site nearly as often as they should. I don't agree with the earlier comment though. Hockey's future is a great site for prospect info. They get their information from professional scouting services. It doesn't get any better than that.

not updated nearly enough.

so what good is it if the info is not up dated????

more to follow but when

Photo's to follow but when

where are the player stats?? so many where are's to suit me

I have better sites I get my up dated info