• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Seth

Seth

Now thats Grit!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,740 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 04:38 PM

If I was GM I would have no problem what-so-ever sending down Mowers, call up Maclean. Then rotate him with whomever doesn't bring it every night. That is the only problem Ive had with Babs and Kenny so far. The lack of using GR has a resouce. Leba would have been fine but they brought in Woolley. Fischer went down so Leba came back...Luckily our team has been doing a pretty soild job avoiding the injuriy bug. But come playoff time, it happens. Those call ups might not fully be ready. I dunno just my 2 cents.
Open Your Mind, and close your damn mouth.
"It's called the American Dream Because you've got to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Derek Boogaard has allowed to live. - Johnny B

#22 Mule39

Mule39

Rookie

• Pip
  • 160 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 11:51 PM

No sense in calling up maclean if he won't play every game.I'd rather have them let Cleary go and bring up mac.

#23 HoustonWingsFan

HoustonWingsFan

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 10:42 PM

Look, It's not about the numbers in the AHL. Some of the most prolific scorers in the league will never wear an NHL jersey. It's all about size, speed, age and hype. Here are the top 3 scorers on my Houston Aeros:

Law - 34G - 54A
Westrum - 30G - 56A
O'Sullivan - 39G - 33A

These guys are AHL lifers. They will not make it in the NHL.

Yet, the Aeros have sent 6 players to the Wild this year. They just aren't the big number guys.

Now this guy is going to be the man:

Roman Voloshenko - 28G - 18A - not the greatest numbers, but he is 18 years old and plays like Datsycks brother, only bigger. Now THAT will get him into the NHL.

#24 norrisnick

norrisnick

GOAT

• Bronze Booster
  • 16,002 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 11:11 PM

QUOTE (HoustonWingsFan @ March 8, 2006 - 09:42PM)
O'Sullivan - 39G - 33A

Patrick O'Sullivan is an AHL lifer? He just turned 21 and is the AHL's leading rookie scorer. He'll be with the Wild for good before too long.

peace

Posted Image

#25 HoustonWingsFan

HoustonWingsFan

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 11:29 PM

QUOTE (norrisnick @ March 9, 2006 - 12:11AM)
QUOTE (HoustonWingsFan @ March 8, 2006 - 09:42PM)
O'Sullivan - 39G - 33A 

Patrick O'Sullivan is an AHL lifer? He just turned 21 and is the AHL's leading rookie scorer. He'll be with the Wild for good before too long.

peace

Doh! Thanks Norrisnick. I was way off base lumping O'Sullivan with the others. Thanks for reminding me. The guy I sat next to at the last Aeros game raved about this guy. I totally forgot about that.

"For 40 minutes Tuesday night at Toyota Center, it was the Patrick O'Sullivan Show.

The rookie winger dominated, scoring three goals in the first two periods and leading the Aeros to a 5-4 shootout win over the Chicago Wolves.

Up 4-2 going into the second intermission, the Aeros had all the momentum they would need.

Then O'Sullivan, who has 20 goals in his past 21 games, completed the hat trick with just 0.7 seconds left in the period.

He's now the first player in team history to record three hat tricks in one season."

#26 rage

rage

Nicklas ~The World's Best~ Lidstrom

• Silver Booster
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE (HoustonWingsFan @ March 9, 2006 - 12:29AM)
He's now the first player in team history to record three hat tricks in one season.

Now how's that?

I am confused.

The other guys said MacLean recorded his 4th of the season, and that hasn't been done since the '02-'03 season.

4>3

Posted Image

#27 Mule39

Mule39

Rookie

• Pip
  • 160 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 12:20 AM

Westrum is a free agent after the season and I read somewhere they want him back.

#28 rage

rage

Nicklas ~The World's Best~ Lidstrom

• Silver Booster
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 12:20 AM

My bad, didn't see the "Team History" Part!!!!!!!!!

Posted Image

#29 p_diddy_datsyuk_13

p_diddy_datsyuk_13

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 12:48 PM

maclean may be one of those guys that COULD have been helped out by the rules... obviously he has never been an NHL regular, but judging by his play in GR this year, he may be capable of 15-20 goals a year in the NHL... just a thought, but he is certainly looking solid in GR this year

#30 theman19

theman19

#40 Mobile suit Zeta, the new red comet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 02:26 PM

all these great scoring prospects make me wonder what were gonna do for a roster next year,...hudler has been tearing up the ahl but he needs top lines to do it in the nhl (ain't happening with our depth) then we have flippula,...plus bootland,..now this guy. Am i dreaming or is there an actually red wings youth movement in place blink.gif

#31 kadoz

kadoz

Jr. Prospect

• 20 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 05:51 PM

Big don just notched the 49th and 50th goal of the season against chicago, with one period still to go. thumbup.gif