• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,451 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 12:02 PM

How closely does everyone follow the Griffins? I haven't seen any of their games this year, but have heard a few on the radio.

How is MacLean doing? I know he had a horrible start to the season (I believe he was coming off of an injury sustained during the Wings camp). He seems to be coming on really strong as of late.

He's an old high school friend of mine, but I haven't seen him since the summer.

#2 Barnes52

Barnes52

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 01:40 PM

Very slow start but has picked it up recently. He's now one of their leading scorers.

#3 EstonianWingsFan#1

EstonianWingsFan#1

Rookie

• Pip
  • 171 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 03:40 PM

I was thinking about creating a topic about MacLean's changed performance about a week ago. I also noticed, just that if we had had this topic then, we would have here too many negative replies.
I am really optimistic, but look at the facts, Hudler had a tremendous start, then he disappeared, Filppula-Kopecky and Bootland stepped up, now they are also doing nothing special, maybe just Filppula. The Griffins look like a wheel of fortune, you never know who will be next to produce. I'll say let's just wait a little longer.

#4 Barnes52

Barnes52

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 06:29 PM

QUOTE (EstonianWingsFan#1 @ January 3, 2006 - 04:40PM)
I was thinking about creating a topic about MacLean's changed performance about a week ago. I also noticed, just that if we had had this topic then, we would have here too many negative replies.
I am really optimistic, but look at the facts, Hudler had a tremendous start, then he disappeared, Filppula-Kopecky and Bootland stepped up, now they are also doing nothing special, maybe just Filppula. The Griffins look like a wheel of fortune, you never know who will be next to produce. I'll say let's just wait a little longer.

I disagree about Bootland, he's been consistent but has always brought his physical game

#5 norrisnick

norrisnick

GOAT

• Bronze Booster
  • 16,002 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE (EstonianWingsFan#1 @ January 3, 2006 - 02:40PM)

The "call ups" sort of messed with Hoodlum and Flapjack's mojo. They'll get back in sync.

peace

Posted Image

#6 EstonianWingsFan#1

EstonianWingsFan#1

Rookie

• Pip
  • 171 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 10:09 PM

Oh dear, oh dear, hat-trick by MacLean. Way to go! rolleyes.gif

#7 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,451 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE (EstonianWingsFan#1 @ January 14, 2006 - 11:09PM)
Oh dear, oh dear, hat-trick by MacLean. Way to go! rolleyes.gif

A club record, 3rd hattrick of the season.

#8 DatsyukownzU13

DatsyukownzU13

http://throwthewingup.blogspot.com/

• Gold Booster
  • 3,063 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 11:46 PM

4th last night, leads the league in Hat-Tricks. Hasn't been done since 2002-2003. Worthy of a possible call-up in the case of an injury?

#9 DRAPES RULES

DRAPES RULES

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 12:43 AM

Call him up ! thumbup.gif

This is "Katie Bar The Door Type of Hockey" -Mickey Redman

"It's only Rock and Roll, But I like it "- Mick Jagger

"DAVE IS A KILLER! "- The Hanson Brotherswinggirl.jpg

#10 Barnes52

Barnes52

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 08:47 AM

Maclean has a history of blowing the doors off the AHL, to only lay a huge egg in the NHL. Some guys can never make the transition, he's one of them so far.

#11 Icer

Icer

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,071 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 01:06 PM

MacLean won the hardest shot contest in the skills competition at the AHL All-Star Game this week. Unusual considering MacLean isn't exactly known as a hard shooter.

MacLean's Rocket Boosts Canadians

#12 theedger

theedger

Jr. Prospect

• 24 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 06:58 PM

QUOTE (Barnes52 @ February 1, 2006 - 08:47AM)
Maclean has a history of blowing the doors off the AHL, to only lay a huge egg in the NHL.  Some guys can never make the transition, he's one of them so far.

Heck, If he keeps it going in the AHL, we'll keep him.... rolleyes.gif

#13 Barnes52

Barnes52

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 08:58 PM

What I said was a fact, how do you think he was signed by Grand Rapids after he scored, what? 50 goals? He'll probably get a shot and e does deserve it, but I don't expect much

#14 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,451 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE (Barnes52 @ February 1, 2006 - 09:47AM)
Maclean has a history of blowing the doors off the AHL, to only lay a huge egg in the NHL. Some guys can never make the transition, he's one of them so far.

If you ask me, he has a history of not really getting a chance to play in the NHL

#15 Mule39

Mule39

Rookie

• Pip
  • 160 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 04:37 PM

Wings have to sign him to a professional contract before he'll end up in Detroit. Plus the Wings have guys in line in case of injury. You'll see Flippula, Hudler or Bootland up here first.

#16 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,451 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 09:51 AM

QUOTE (Mule39 @ February 10, 2006 - 05:37PM)
Wings have to sign him to a professional contract before he'll end up in Detroit. Plus the Wings have guys in line in case of injury. You'll see Flippula, Hudler or Bootland up here first.

He was signed to a contract by the Wings, not the Griffins.

Also, just an FYI, I think he has his scoring streak up to 17 or 18 games now.

#17 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,451 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 11:50 AM

MacLean continues his dominance. He has 40 goals now, I think #2 in the AHL has 33.

He still trails Hudler in pts for the Griffins, but ignorning the month of October (when Donald was recovering from injury), MacLean has 39 goals and 58 points compared to Hudler's 14 goals and 50 points. Also, Hudler has been a star of the game in 2 games, while MacLean has been a star in 10.

MacLean has 33 goals in his last 35 games and 39 goals in his last 45. Not sure what is going on this year (maybe he is playing with playmakers). He normally has no problem scoring, but his assists are usually 50% more than his goals vs. this year when his goals are far higher than assists.

#18 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 02:31 PM

The only problem if Mac gets the call, is that he wouldn't necessarily be put on the scoring lines with the Wings. A role on a checking line isn't what would suit him. Jiri got the chance earlier this season and didn't put any numbers on the board, and he got icetime on the top 2 lines which isn't what Maclean would get.
"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#19 Mule39

Mule39

Rookie

• Pip
  • 160 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 10:04 PM

Don won't be in Detroit.

#20 daniel1

daniel1

#40 - UNSTOPPABLE

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE (Mule39 @ February 20, 2006 - 11:04PM)
Don won't be in Detroit.

I would like to know why they wouldn't give him a chance. He has a big frame, good shot and seems to have a knack for scoring. Maybe if he was Swedish?? Jokes aside, they eagerly gave Sammuelsson a shot and he had yet to prove himself in the NHL. Why not give this guy a chance too? He'd be cheap and you gotta think he could be of more value than Mowers is currently.
"And? If I did, I probably would have been a fighter, so what?"

Who knows; maybe you would realize that enforcers in hockey are critical to a teams chemistry and overall success?