• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

iheartsteviey

book titles you'll never see...

Rate this topic

Guest WestCoastWingsFan

"How to trade top-notch talent and get absolutely nothing in return" by Larry Pleau

"Remarkable Return: How I helped Detroit in my return to motown"- Ozzie

"Marriage is sacred: Ways to make sure you can keep your team mate's marriage in tact" -Shanny

"03-04 Goal of the year: i feel bad for that goalie!"-Turco

"One retirement not enough?"- Mario Lemieux

"The Art of Goaltending"- Tim Cheveldae

"You just can't play hockey forever!"- Chelios with help from Yzerman

"Ruin your flawless reputation overnight"-Gretzky

"Ruin your husband's reputation overnight"- Janet Jones-Gretzky

"Money doesn't make the world go 'round" -Fedorov Family

Guest WestCoastWingsFan
whats the story on this anyway?

can someone please explain?

They used to be friends. They also roomed together in St. Louis after Janney was traded there from Boston in the middle of the 1991-92 season.

For anyone who doesn't know, Craig Janney got engaged to his girlfriend at the end of that season. At some point during the next couple years, Shanny began to have an affair with her. When this was discovered, Shanny was traded to Hartford. Not long after, Janney was sent to San Jose. He filed for divorce a short time later,and his ex went went running back to Brendan. Those two have been married for years and have 3 children.

Side note: Brendan's wife's sister was my freshman English teacher in high school. She thought it was cool that her sis was dating Craig Janney and used to talk about it all the time. This was during the same year that Janney was traded to St. Louis, where he became "friends" with Shanahan. Cracks me up when I think about it now. tongue.gifbiggrin.giflaugh.gif

They used to be friends. They also roomed together in St. Louis after Janney was traded there from Boston in the middle of the 1991-92 season.

For anyone who doesn't know, Craig Janney got engaged to his girlfriend at the end of that season. At some point during the next couple years, Shanny began to have an affair with her. When this was discovered, Shanny was traded to Hartford. Not long after, Janney was sent to San Jose. He filed for divorce a short time later,and his ex went went running back to Brendan. Those two have been married for years and have 3 children.

Side note: Brendan's wife's sister was my freshman English teacher in high school. She thought it was cool that her sis was dating Craig Janney and used to talk about it all the time. This was during the same year that Janney was traded to St. Louis, where he became "friends" with Shanahan. Cracks me up when I think about it now. tongue.gifbiggrin.giflaugh.gif

Well there's a great story for Shanny to tell his kids!

Guest RW0619

How to be the Red Wings in the playoffs

By: St. Louis Blues

How to hit with your rear end

By: Steve Yzerman

Here's a couple Lions ones:

How to win the superbowl

By: The Detroit Lions

How to draft and build a winner

By: Matt Millen

Sorry for bringing back this past thread, but Wildwings44 and I were discussing this on our way to Hockeytown for the game on Sunday, and we thought of another good one.

How to play the point on a powerplay, by Jason Williams.

Please post some more, this thread is hilarious!

"Communicating with Referees Tactfully" by Jim Schoenfeld

"Helmet Hair and You" by Kerry Fraiser

"101 Styles For The Man With Full Hair" by Curtis Joseph

"Power Skating 101" by Ray Sheppard

"Getting the Most Out of Your Potential" by Pat Falloon, foreword by Alexander Daigle

"Honoring Your Contracts" by Alexei Yashin

"How To Retain Franchise Players" by Kevin Lowe, foreword by Glen Sather

"How to Maintain a Successful Franchise" by Mike Keenan