• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Detroit Pistons off-season thread

Rate this topic

MSU basketball will be okay, they got highly recruited players replacing the holes..all they need is experience

not to mention Tom Izzo at the helm. I look for MSU's worst season in a while, yet good enough to make the NCAA tourny.

Brown and Ager were smart picks by both their new teams. Not sure how Paul Davis really helps the Clippers, but certainly doesnt hurt them a ton

Where did the Pistons first round pick go? Was it involved in the Sheed trade? Or did they trade it for 2 second round picks last year? I can't remember what happend to it.

I think we traded that pick for Arroyo... :crazy:

Can't believe all the Spartans that were taken, Shannon Brown is a champ. Why did he have to go to the Cavs... :angry:

I think we traded that pick for Arroyo... :crazy:

Can't believe all the Spartans that were taken, Shannon Brown is a champ. Why did he have to go to the Cavs... :angry:

Why are you surprised?? Spartans had a good team last year. They have tons of talent but they never really put it all together. Nevertheless, Cavs made a good move in adding Brown as well as the Mavs adding Ager.

Why are you surprised?? Spartans had a good team last year. They have tons of talent but they never really put it all together. Nevertheless, Cavs made a good move in adding Brown as well as the Mavs adding Ager.

Not surprised, just disappointed. ;)

The Pistons traded small forward Maurice Evans to the L.A. Lakers for the 51st pick of the night, a 7-foot-1 center from Senegal named Cheick Samb.

Evans, signed as a restricted free agent with the Pistons in September, had two seasons left on his contract. He split time coming off the bench with Carlos Delfino, although Evans had edged Delfino in coach Flip Saunders' rotation by the end of the season.

We traded Mo!?!?!?!?! No! Evans was my favorite piston! This guy got will be nothing..haven't we learned not to take big gumpy white guys from over seas? (Darko and whatever that guys name is from Greece)

Wait...although I'm still mad about this we may be doing this to show Bonzi Wells we need him bad.

We traded Mo!?!?!?!?! No! Evans was my favorite piston! This guy got will be nothing..haven't we learned not to take big gumpy white guys from over seas? (Darko and whatever that guys name is from Greece)

Wait...although I'm still mad about this we may be doing this to show Bonzi Wells we need him bad.

Relax. This move was to ensure that Ben Wallace is resigned. Cato, Evans, and Delfino are all going to be gone.

Relax. This move was to ensure that Ben Wallace is resigned. Cato, Evans, and Delfino are all going to be gone.

"There wasn't going to be enough minutes for him," Dumars said. "I talked to his agent (Roger Montgomery) about three weeks ago and he asked me how the minutes were going to go for Maurice next season. I said I didn't see them changing all that much that he would still be platooning minutes with Carlos Delfino. He said if that was the case, then maybe it was best for Maurice to go elsewhere."

Dumars, who has said he wanted Delfino to play a larger role next season, obliged.

I think Delfino will stay.

"There wasn't going to be enough minutes for him," Dumars said. "I talked to his agent (Roger Montgomery) about three weeks ago and he asked me how the minutes were going to go for Maurice next season. I said I didn't see them changing all that much that he would still be platooning minutes with Carlos Delfino. He said if that was the case, then maybe it was best for Maurice to go elsewhere."

Dumars, who has said he wanted Delfino to play a larger role next season, obliged.

I think Delfino will stay.

IMO, Delfino has more upsize too. Evans is a swingman. Always have, and always will be.

I heard on the radio (I think I heard it correct) Ben Wallace was offered 4 years 48 millon dollars. I hope we still have enough to go after Bonzi Wells

We'll have plenty, because Wallace won't be here next season. Chicago offered him 4 years 55 million, or something of that nature. He said he wasn't happy with the Pistons offer, so I think it's only a matter of time before he packs his bags and heads to the Bulls.

Chicago offered 52 million over 4 years

Mike James is available too I believe...I would LOVE to have him back on the bench.

Edited by dallas27

BREAKING NEWS

Ben Wallace has deal with Bulls

A league source tells ESPN.com that Ben Wallace has informed the Detroit Pistons that he is leaving the team and has accepted an offer from the Chicago Bulls thought to be worth $52 million over four years.

espn.com front page

Look for a trade offer from Joe D to Minnesota for KG

Edited by dallas27

What a horrible day for Detroit. Stevie and Ben.

Now I'm pissed at both sides of this deal. Was a cheesy million per year enough to bolt the team that gave you the chance to have that opportunity in the first place? And on the flip side, was a cheesy million per year really so hard to come up with from the Pistons' end?

Thanks for the ring, Ben. May you learn the hard way the grass isn't greener. Talk to Grant Hill to find out how that went.

Billups, Hamilton, Prince, McDyess, Garnett.

Tellin' ya, KG is going to be reunited with Chauncey and Flip. Salaries nearly wash out I believe, Detroit will throw in a draft pick.

This team will take on a whole new appearance with Ben and Sheed gone and KG in. Whether or not this new appearance (Phoenix Sunish) will be good we will have wait and see. Look for them to seek out Bonzi Wells to come off the bench as well.

Billups, Hamilton, Prince, McDyess, Garnett.

Tellin' ya, KG is going to be reunited with Chauncey and Flip. Salaries nearly wash out I believe, Detroit will throw in a draft pick.

This team will take on a whole new appearance with Ben and Sheed gone and KG in. Whether or not this new appearance (Phoenix Sunish) will be good we will have wait and see. Look for them to seek out Bonzi Wells to come off the bench as well.

The Pistons don't have that kind of money. According to the article all they have left under the cap is the mid-level exception. I guess all that cap room they opened up by getting Cato and other moves is only for re-signing their own players. Maybe they can swing a trade for Garnett, though we saw how effective the collective wishing and hoping of LGWers was in trying to get all those NHL FAs. Wells is out of the question. He never did like the way he was treated in Detroit.

Man, I'm ambivalent about this deal. On the one hand, I'm glad there isn't another title contender for the Spurs next season to worry about (fingers crossed), but I've always loved buh-buh-buh-buh-buh Ben Wallace in Deeeeeeeeeeeeetroit.

How good is Chicago now? I think the East is weak enough for them to contend. They've certainly got the depth, CRAZY amount of depth now with Wallace and Tyrus Thomas added to the frontcourt. Add that to Hinrich, Nocioni, Deng, Ben Gordon, Chandler (when he's healthy). I think they're better than Cleveland at this point, and with some experience, whewwww. Glad my Spurs are in the West.