• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
YzermanZetterberg

Alexei Morozov

Rate this topic

I'd much rather keep Calder then Grigorenko. We have enough pure goal scorers. Calder, when healthy, adds grit and energy to the lineup.

This Morozov thing is kinda old now. Whether or not the Wings really want to fork over 3.5 million for a guy who's NHL offensive production has topped out of around 20 goals is unlikely.

What I do admit is that Morozov scored a ton of points in the Russian Super League, which is well known for it's more defensive style of hockey. Plus Morozov did score a lot in half the games played in the NHL, because the Russian Super League plays less games.

The question here is whether or not he's finally starting to develop into the player that Pittsburgh had thought he would be when they took him in the first round back in 1995. He still has to show he can be a big scorer in the NHL.

I'd much rather keep Calder then Grigorenko. We have enough pure goal scorers. Calder, when healthy, adds grit and energy to the lineup.

What? The only guy on the team who I'd consider a pure goal scorer is Zetterberg, and it's a stretch to call him "pure" because he's very balanced. Datsyuk is obviously a pass-first guy. Bertuzzi might be but his status is up in the air. Lang is gone. Holmstrom's great but I don't know if I'd call him a pure goal scorer. If you want evidence look no further than our powerplay.

What? The only guy on the team who I'd consider a pure goal scorer is Zetterberg, and it's a stretch to call him "pure" because he's very balanced. Datsyuk is obviously a pass-first guy. Bertuzzi might be but his status is up in the air. Lang is gone. Holmstrom's great but I don't know if I'd call him a pure goal scorer. If you want evidence look no further than our powerplay.

Whatever. :P

No, I agree. I don't exactly want to get rid of Calder for an unproven player like Grigorenko though. That's really what I'm getting at. I'd like Grigs to play with the Wings, but at the expense of someone else. I was thinking more along the lines of just trading Hudler, since it's pretty clear he won't make it here. Give Grigs his spot.

I think that you'll be pleasantly surprised when you see Grigs play. He is more of a North American type player than a European one. He gets

down in the corners throws out some big hits and has great hands too.

Once he settle's into the different way of life he will do just fine.

came across this interesting link, its pretty old though....... :unsure:

http://beanballinc.blogspot.com/2006/05/al...-red-wings.html

Morozov has already signed an extension with AK Bars:

http://www.rushockey.com/events.php?i=sl&a...ings&id=503

There has been uncertainty (especially after he signed a 3 year contract extension with Ak Bars) whether Morozov is going to play in the NHL next season as he has previously insisted he would do.

I think that you'll be pleasantly surprised when you see Grigs play. He is more of a North American type player than a European one. He gets

down in the corners throws out some big hits and has great hands too.

Once he settle's into the different way of life he will do just fine.

Sounds like a good player ! :)

I've been an admirer of Morozov for a few years time new. I think this guy bloomed in Russia. Hell yeah I'd take him, replace Lang with Morozov? I wouldn't think more than a second. Russian superleague is tough, I can tell you that, if a player can compete in Russia, he will compete in NHL, no problem. Remember Malkin, he did pretty well in 2005-2006 in Russia, was amongst the top players and look at him. Came to NHL and was ready for it. I say Morozov is twice the player he was some 5 years ago, last season he ripped Russian superleague into pieces. He just needs some 18+ minutes to prove his worth in NHL. I'd definitely take him. Plus, I think he can play both C and RW.

I would love to see a Morozov Datsyuk Grigorenko line, it would be fun to watch and would cause some serious damage in the points column.

Don't think it will happen, but yeah I'd do a straight swap Morozov for Lang, may even get Alexi in for a bit less than Langs contract.

Yeah, it was confirmed in spectorshockey, that he said two weeks ago he stays in Russia next season. Though, this might be a self-marketing trick. It may be just a way to get a good deal from some NHL club, to get more money. We all know that players who seem to come from European leagues, don't get much of a contracts. But damn, this guy rocks. Given a good scoring line, he would be in my opinion one of the key players in any team.