• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 paul woods fan club

paul woods fan club

Rookie

• Pip
  • 158 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 02:01 AM

i see us needing a big forward or 2 to play with our small centers and do the heavy work in front of net and along boards . so looking at ufa's i see 2 that may be able to do said job from what i read , so im wondering what the group thinks about these 2 guys . theres another that doesnt fit my player acquisition profile but i think is a good 4th line guy and thats park from vancouver , he's a heads up hockey player that hustles and sticks his nose into the conflict . and say for instance we could trade maltby for something i would believe that park could replace him and save us money . so im wondering how group see's park .

Edited by paul woods fan club, 30 July 2006 - 02:29 AM.

#2 Barnes52

Barnes52

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 10:28 PM

QUOTE(paul woods fan club @ July 30, 2006 - 02:01AM) View Post

i see us needing a big forward or 2 to play with our small centers and do the heavy work in front of net and along boards . so looking at ufa's i see 2 that may be able to do said job from what i read , so im wondering what the group thinks about these 2 guys . theres another that doesnt fit my player acquisition profile but i think is a good 4th line guy and thats park from vancouver , he's a heads up hockey player that hustles and sticks his nose into the conflict . and say for instance we could trade maltby for something i would believe that park could replace him and save us money . so im wondering how group see's park .

Rasmussen is ok, but we have Bootland (or so I hope) Isbister is a chronic underachiever, he would give this board fits if this team signed him. Pass

#3 J-Swift

J-Swift

Clutch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 11:27 PM

QUOTE(paul woods fan club @ July 30, 2006 - 03:01AM) View Post

theres another that doesnt fit my player acquisition profile but i think is a good 4th line guy and thats park from vancouver , he's a heads up hockey player that hustles and sticks his nose into the conflict . and say for instance we could trade maltby for something i would believe that park could replace him and save us money . so im wondering how group see's park .

Although I like Richard Park, we already have enough players like him even if we did trade Maltby away. IMO, Cleary is just a bigger version of Park.

But I'm sure somebody will scoop him up before training camp starts.

#4 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 06:54 PM

I have always been in favor of Isbister. He's physical, gritty, can score a few goals.

If we pick up a free agent forward before the season starts, I want it to be him.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."