• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
arin

Laraque & Doan

Rate this topic

What would you guys think of a deadline deal for Laraque & Doan? I think they would answer much of the team's needs.. Scoring winger, grit, fighting, etc.. If ya want a fighter, myswell go for the best.. I don't really think that a fighter is wasting a roster spot, since we have 3+ players getting 4-6minutes a game.. :blink: Laraque also is on pace for a career year in points..

What would you guys give up for them?

Don't forget Laraque has an NTC. ;)

Exactly, there is zero reason why Laraque would want to leave the Coyotees. Also, I sure as hell don't want to pay a guy like Laraque over 1m a year.

Ah, didnt know he had a NTC. Well, what would you give up for Doan? I thought this looked OK:

Datsyuk

Hudler

for

Doan

4th(3rd?)

Both Dats and Doan are UFA at the end of the season. Doan has a bad back. Doan is on pace for his worst season since the year before Datsyuk was drafted. Doan is two years older.

Realistically, Datsyuk for Doan straight up should be a fair trade. Not that Phoenix would do it, having Nagy and Comrie already,...but the value should be fair based on health, age, and production.

Hudler has sick skills and is scoring very well considering his very limited time per game...either you want to trade him for a fourth round pick or you are VASTLY overpaying for Doan.

If we trade Dats...we should keep Hudler on. Hudler can do or soon will be able to do all the things Dats does, plus Hudler is actually a feisty little bastard who drives the net...something most of the Wings forwards don't do, and something most Doan slappies say is a huge reason to trade for him.

Datsyuk and a mid-round pick for Doan would be fine. Realistically the Yotes either won't trade Doan, or will try and pull what Washington did to Nashville with Witt--jacking the price up artifically well beyond what the guy is actually worth to sell him to a team that 'really needs a guy like that.'

I would be content with signing Doan to replace Dats in the offseason.

I'd love to see Doan with the Wings but Laraque... not so much. I'm a big fan of hockey fighting and respect Laraque's fighting skills, but I don't even consider him an enforcer. His fights seem to be on his own terms for nothing more than entertainment (recently, anyways). He's just too nice of a guy, I'd take a lesser fighter for someone with a mean streak who isn't afraid of pulling a McCarty (on Claude) if necessary