• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DatsyukRules

Whitney Hat trick in 1:40

Rate this topic

cant anyone find a video of the 21 second hat trick? thats insane.

Considering how long ago it was, don't hold your breath. I don't think many games were even televised at the time. This was in the 50s I think.

Mr. Whitney is another one of those player whom I wish we would have held onto.

The Wings really didn't have a spot for him. The 2004 Wings were loaded up front and his ice time was down to nothing by the end of the season. Then the salary cap happened and carrying someone with his salary to play 4th line minutes became economic suicide. He was just odd man out.

1:40 is just plain unbelivable regardless if the record is 0:21. Its remarkable to get a hat trick in a game. Its' rare to get a natural hatty, but getting one in 1:40 is truly special.

Sidenote: esteef, one hat trick doesn't warrant saying it was a mistake to get "rid" of Whitney. There were good reasons he had to go.

Sidenote 2: I'm not referring to his performance the past two seasons.

Guest LivingtheDream

Man, I really wish we could have kept him and given him the minutes he needed to produce. But alas, we had soooooo many scoring wingers, why we were just bursting to the seems with top scoring wingers, we just needed to make the room.

Man, I really wish we could have kept him and given him the minutes he needed to produce. But alas, we had soooooo many scoring wingers, why we were just bursting to the seems with top scoring wingers, we just needed to make the room.

we could use some of those wingers now