• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 BetweenThePipes

BetweenThePipes

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 09:31 PM

Well that sucks....At least Joey has another shot at getting that win now! Go Joey!!!

Thanks Offsides, You are too kind :)

#22 Airborn

Airborn

Two primal opposing yet complementary forces

• PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 10:02 PM

Let's just pray this doesn't turn into one of those crazy "Hasek Injuries" where 2 days, turns into 2 weeks, that turns into 2 months, that turns into the rest of the year.

#23 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,525 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 10:12 PM

Let's hope people don't over-react and make assumptions about a minor injury turning into a season-ending disaster.

rolleyes.gif

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#24 Flip-check

Flip-check

kicking ass and taking Cups

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 02:56 AM

QUOTE(puckloo39 @ February 10, 2007 - 10:12PM) View Post

Let's hope people don't over-react and make assumptions about a minor injury turning into a season-ending disaster.

rolleyes.gif

Let's change your "Champion Forever" to "Hasekian Voice of Reason" por favor. Yes? I think so.

I'm liking you more every day. First the avatar, then agreeing with my inane logic, and now admitting man love for Joey Mac? You're aces in my book.

I'm actually excited to see how THE MAC work it tomorrow and Monday. He really did have a fine game in St. Louis. It's time for the rest of the boys to step it up with that defense minded, allowing minimal shots by the opposition, puck possession play that I have grown accustomed to.

I aim to be awesome. And me also. I haven't seen Calgary or Philly this year so I don't know what to expect from them for MacD, so we'll see what he has to face off with. I just want to see him do well, probably because it's easy to sympathize with someone "trying to make it into the big time" like he is. =D

oh, and HR40? I kind of dig you too. Don't let it go to your head though! wink.gif

Edited by Flip-check, 11 February 2007 - 03:01 AM.

No, it's definitely excitement.

#25 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 03:03 AM

I have ALL the confidence in the world of Joe Mac. I mean, if it weren't for Chelios scoring an own goal, we might still be shooting it out down in StL.

So long as we don't get into a Los Angeles Kings goalie problem (they had to bring up Barry Brust, Yutaka Fukufuji, and sign Sean Burke from an announcing position) we should be fine.

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#26 Flip-check

Flip-check

kicking ass and taking Cups

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 03:45 AM

hahaha, what? Sean Burke from an announcing gig?

That sounds incredible. I feel for LA. sad.gif

No, it's definitely excitement.

#27 interminded

interminded

Shiny Happy People

• HoF Booster
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 04:37 AM

QUOTE(puckloo39 @ February 10, 2007 - 10:12PM) View Post

rolleyes.gif

Some people will Loo.... you know how this works..

wink.gif

(not me of course...)

I went to buy some camouflage pants the other day but I couldn't find any.

#28 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 10:55 AM

When I read the report, my first thought was, of course, "Well, at least it ain't his groin." tongue.gif

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#29 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,525 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 11:15 AM

QUOTE(edicius @ February 11, 2007 - 09:55AM) View Post

When I read the report, my first thought was, of course, "Well, at least it ain't his groin." tongue.gif

If it were closer to the playoffs, I might suspect that it is, rather than his wrist. But I think this is a legitimate report. tongue.gif

Hurry back, Dom! I bet we see him back vs the Stars on Valentine's Day. thumbup.gif

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#30 HenrikRules40

HenrikRules40

I'm not a puck bunny.

• HoF Booster
  • 5,727 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 12:54 PM

QUOTE(Flip-check @ February 11, 2007 - 03:56AM) View Post

oh, and HR40? I kind of dig you too. Don't let it go to your head though! wink.gif

Head swelling...ego inflating...

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

#31 The Enforcer

The Enforcer

Stanley Cup Champs 2008

• PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 12:13 PM

QUOTE(BetweenThePipes @ February 10, 2007 - 09:31PM) View Post

Well that sucks....At least Joey has another shot at getting that win now! Go Joey!!!

That very well could be. I don't think it's a big deal, but without him, forget going far in the playoffs.
"The place was filled with every cutthroat and low-life from Bombay to Calcutta. It was worse than being in Detroit."

#32 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,525 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 01:39 PM

From Detnews today:

Injury update

The news on Dominik Hasek 's sore right wrist was mostly good Sunday. Hasek, who didn't dress against Calgary and won't tonight against the Flyers, either, has been taking medication to reduce the inflammation in his wrist that was injured Wednesday against Phoenix. Hasek didn't make the trip to Philadelphia but is expected to join the team for the four-day trip to Dallas and Phoenix.

"It feels better today than it did (Saturday), the doctors told me, so we're optimistic he's headed in the right direction," Holland said. "I'd like to think he'll have his equipment on sometime this week.

yeah, like... Wednesday in Dallas, I hope? wink.gif

puckloo39dom.jpg

Best ever